+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi. I applied for citizenship in October 2017. they started processing my application in January 04 2018. I got email in Feb 05th that my citizenship test is scheduled for Feb 19th. got 100%. all document was good and they did not ask for more document. still in process. any similar cases?
If you look at the October tracker, you may find similar cases based on your location. Link is in my signature.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, after few months of waiting somewhat patiently (I passed the test on March 12th), I saw decision made on eCAS today. I don't remember when it was the last time I checked my status, so if someone would like to update the spreadsheet, please use June 4th as my DM date and thank you in advance. No oath invite yet.

To those who received oath letters, does the oath letter come by email or snail mail?
Updated

Reactions: natinthehat

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
My family is in process since December 12, Location Mississauga..
Is there any possibility that they lost our application?

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Same dates and location as you, but we got Decision Made today. Had the interview yesterday. Now waiting for the oath date.

Delivered Oct 16 and I'm in process since Nov 23. Mississauga office is a bottleneck, which IRCC will never fix.

prasla

Jun 23, 2014
Nothing so far yet for me either.
I am also stuck with same timeline.
No invite for test or anything.
It sucks.

I've been lurking around here for a while but never entered my details into the tracker,. Please could you enter my info.

Timeline

1. APPLICATION SENT: OCTOBER 11
  2. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 13, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 26, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on February 21, 2018
Processing Office: Mississauga

Thanks
ot

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
At the risk of playing like a broken record (vinyl discs played on a turntable, which I've heard are making a comeback, making me feel sad about leaving behind my fairly substantial collection, as I did during a move two decades ago in my later middle-aged years):

Generally how long it has been IS NOT EVIDENCE OF A DELAY. Unless it has been a way, way longer timeline than most are whining about in this forum.

A year ago, or so, most routinely processed applications were taking eight to twelve months to be processed. MOST. Even though MANY were only taking four to six months.

That timeline, which is still reflected in IRCC's current information (referring to twelve months), is PAST TENSE. HISTORY.

Notwithstanding more than a few applicants still seeing relatively fast timelines since the implementation of the Bill C-6 3/5 rules, that timeline is probably the best most current applicants will see, while many more are quite likely to see at least a somewhat longer timeline.

There is NO hint, none at all, based on the timeline, an application is stalled or delayed, UNLESS:

-- There is NO AOR within three to four months of the date the courier's records show the application delivered to CPC-Sydney

-- The application does not have IP status within five to seven months after AOR

-- The applicant has not been scheduled for the PI Interview and (as applicable) test within ten or twelve months after date the courier reports delivery of the application to CPC-Sydney

-- The applicant has not been scheduled for the Oath within 12 to 14 months after date application delivered to CPC-Sydney or within six to eight months of the PI interview date and test passed​

All of these are subject to getting longer, especially the last, the time between date application delivered, or test, and the oath.

All of these are subject to any additional (typically referred to as non-routine) processing along the way (impact of non-routine step varies greatly; from very little to a modest impact for FP request if FPs timely submitted; anticipate a significantly longer to a much longer timeline if there are residency related requests for additional documentation; among other side trips).

Delivered Oct 16 and I'm in process since Nov 23. Mississauga office is a bottleneck, which IRCC will never fix.
Nothing so far yet for me either.
I am also stuck with same timeline.
No invite for test or anything.
It sucks.
My family is in process since December 12, Location Mississauga..
Is there any possibility that they lost our application?
Of course there is a "POSSIBILITY" an application has been lost . . . or is in effect stuck between actions and not in a queue for further action. It is, however, EXTREMELY UNLIKELY an application has been lost. It is VERY UNLIKELY the application is otherwise in effect stuck between actions and not in a queue for further action.

Sure, these happen. RARELY. And even if an application is seemingly lost or hung up in some way, such as waiting on an action for which the application is not in queue, the odds are very high that IRCC will nonetheless, in effect FIND the application, and the application will return to a normal, ordinary processing track without intervention by the applicant, and probably sooner (or at least roughly as soon) as any intervening effort by the applicant might generate.

But sure, there is a "POSSIBILITY" an application has been lost . . . It happens. . . . There is, however, a comparable or even bigger possibility, sometime before getting to the oath, that the applicant will be falsely arrested for a crime the applicant had nothing to do with. And a far bigger possibility the applicant will, prior to getting to the oath, be involved in an automobile crash resulting in serious injury. All sorts of POSSIBILITIES loom in our lives. That's why people foolishly buy lottery tickets. Playing against the odds.

Citizenship applications are not akin to buying a lottery ticket. They are, however, processed by a big bureaucracy, one of Canada's biggest bureaucracies (perhaps only CRA is bigger). Bureaucracies are what bureaucracies do. Hint: they are not known for speed.

Yeah, bureaucracy processing tends to suck. Becoming a Canadian citizen, in contrast, is very good.

Like a cold rain all day on a summer holiday. Versus, a sunny not too hot day at the lake.

In the meantime, spread sheet reports are ONLY good for getting a very, very broad idea of what the POSSIBLE range in the processing timeline is. They offer almost NO insight into how long an application is LIKELY to take. AND NO information about how long any particular applicant's timeline will be.

They can offer some insight into what the range is likely to be for most routinely processed applicants, subject to all sorts of caveats; not the least is the huge caveat looming over applications made since October 11, 2017, the rather too-likely prospect of IRCC getting bogged down with the large volume of applications in process.

As for what the RANGE is likely to be for most routinely processed applicants, subject to all sorts of caveats, for any given applicant most can anticipate a RANGE that is TWO to THREE TIMES as long as the faster timelines being reported.

Example: if there are 100 applicants accurately reporting timelines for October 2017 applications, and ten or so reported taking the oath within four to six months (oath in March or April of this year), other October applicants can anticipate taking the oath sometime between July or August this year, up to, perhaps, January or so next year. Again, subject to this going longer given the surge in number of applications.

This may suck, like a particularly bitterly cold winter day. But for the vast majority it is not because of any out-of-the-norm or non-routine processing, or the application getting set aside or lost. It is what it is. There are TENS of THOUSANDS of you in this scenario.

I do not go into this to throw a wet blanket on the party. I do it because the climate here obsessively and excessively elevates anxiety about the timeline. Anxiety is pain for most people. Anxiety about the citizenship application processing timeline is UNNECESSARY anxiety. Thus unnecessary pain. The advice to RELAX, to CHILL, is about tamping down flames of unrealistic expectations, to help the vast majority realize there is NO REASON TO WORRY, no reason to suffer from anxiety about their timeline, even if many months go by with no sign of any action on the application. This is how it goes.

I realize a lot of the whining is venting and venting can be beneficial. BUT a counter message needs to be restated and reinforced so that others can put the whining, the venting, into context rather than getting unrealistic expectations.

So, even if the above plays like a broken record, as long as there is a continuing refrain of likewise broken-record rants as if there is cause for alarm in how long the process is taking, I'm likely to return occasionally with reminders of reality.

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
At the risk of playing like a broken record (vinyl discs played on a turntable, which I've heard are making a comeback, making me feel sad about leaving behind my fairly substantial collection, as I did during a move two decades ago in my later middle-aged years):

Generally how long it has been IS NOT EVIDENCE OF A DELAY. Unless it has been a way, way longer timeline than most are whining about in this forum.

A year ago, or so, most routinely processed applications were taking eight to twelve months to be processed. MOST. Even though MANY were only taking four to six months.

That timeline, which is still reflected in IRCC's current information (referring to twelve months), is PAST TENSE. HISTORY.

Notwithstanding more than a few applicants still seeing relatively fast timelines since the implementation of the Bill C-6 3/5 rules, that timeline is probably the best most current applicants will see, while many more are quite likely to see at least a somewhat longer timeline.

There is NO hint, none at all, based on the timeline, an application is stalled or delayed, UNLESS:

-- There is NO AOR within three to four months of the date the courier's records show the application delivered to CPC-Sydney

-- The application does not have IP status within five to seven months after AOR

-- The applicant has not been scheduled for the PI Interview and (as applicable) test within ten or twelve months after date the courier reports delivery of the application to CPC-Sydney

-- The applicant has not been scheduled for the Oath within 12 to 14 months after date application delivered to CPC-Sydney or within six to eight months of the PI interview date and test passed​

All of these are subject to getting longer, especially the last, the time between date application delivered, or test, and the oath.

All of these are subject to any additional (typically referred to as non-routine) processing along the way (impact of non-routine step varies greatly; from very little to a modest impact for FP request if FPs timely submitted; anticipate a significantly longer to a much longer timeline if there are residency related requests for additional documentation; among other side trips).

Of course there is a "POSSIBILITY" an application has been lost . . . or is in effect stuck between actions and not in a queue for further action. It is, however, EXTREMELY UNLIKELY an application has been lost. It is VERY UNLIKELY the application is otherwise in effect stuck between actions and not in a queue for further action.

Sure, these happen. RARELY. And even if an application is seemingly lost or hung up in some way, such as waiting on an action for which the application is not in queue, the odds are very high that IRCC will nonetheless, in effect FIND the application, and the application will return to a normal, ordinary processing track without intervention by the applicant, and probably sooner (or at least roughly as soon) as any intervening effort by the applicant might generate.

But sure, there is a "POSSIBILITY" an application has been lost . . . It happens. . . . There is, however, a comparable or even bigger possibility, sometime before getting to the oath, that the applicant will be falsely arrested for a crime the applicant had nothing to do with. And a far bigger possibility the applicant will, prior to getting to the oath, be involved in an automobile crash resulting in serious injury. All sorts of POSSIBILITIES loom in our lives. That's why people foolishly buy lottery tickets. Playing against the odds.

Citizenship applications are not akin to buying a lottery ticket. They are, however, processed by a big bureaucracy, one of Canada's biggest bureaucracies (perhaps only CRA is bigger). Bureaucracies are what bureaucracies do. Hint: they are not known for speed.

Yeah, bureaucracy processing tends to suck. Becoming a Canadian citizen, in contrast, is very good.

Like a cold rain all day on a summer holiday. Versus, a sunny not too hot day at the lake.

In the meantime, spread sheet reports are ONLY good for getting a very, very broad idea of what the POSSIBLE range in the processing timeline is. They offer almost NO insight into how long an application is LIKELY to take. AND NO information about how long any particular applicant's timeline will be.

They can offer some insight into what the range is likely to be for most routinely processed applicants, subject to all sorts of caveats; not the least is the huge caveat looming over applications made since October 11, 2017, the rather too-likely prospect of IRCC getting bogged down with the large volume of applications in process.

As for what the RANGE is likely to be for most routinely processed applicants, subject to all sorts of caveats, for any given applicant most can anticipate a RANGE that is TWO to THREE TIMES as long as the faster timelines being reported.

Example: if there are 100 applicants accurately reporting timelines for October 2017 applications, and ten or so reported taking the oath within four to six months (oath in March or April of this year), other October applicants can anticipate taking the oath sometime between July or August this year, up to, perhaps, January or so next year. Again, subject to this going longer given the surge in number of applications.

This may suck, like a particularly bitterly cold winter day. But for the vast majority it is not because of any out-of-the-norm or non-routine processing, or the application getting set aside or lost. It is what it is. There are TENS of THOUSANDS of you in this scenario.

I do not go into this to throw a wet blanket on the party. I do it because the climate here obsessively and excessively elevates anxiety about the timeline. Anxiety is pain for most people. Anxiety about the citizenship application processing timeline is UNNECESSARY anxiety. Thus unnecessary pain. The advice to RELAX, to CHILL, is about tamping down flames of unrealistic expectations, to help the vast majority realize there is NO REASON TO WORRY, no reason to suffer from anxiety about their timeline, even if many months go by with no sign of any action on the application. This is how it goes.

I realize a lot of the whining is venting and venting can be beneficial. BUT a counter message needs to be restated and reinforced so that others can put the whining, the venting, into context rather than getting unrealistic expectations.

So, even if the above plays like a broken record, as long as there is a continuing refrain of likewise broken-record rants as if there is cause for alarm in how long the process is taking, I'm likely to return occasionally with reminders of reality.
Nop this isn’t broken record this is the cold thruth and facts we are to accept!
We might disagree but doesn’t change a thing.. u said it all... biiiig bureaucratie.

We are applying to become citizens.. not them inviting us to apply.. we are to accept their “process”.
Thanks for your insight

Pharoh2846

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello All, I have a question if someone can advice, what is the process for the applications, as far as I know that if it says IP this means that it moved to your local office? However last I checked it was still In Sydney and I am in IP for 3 months now, I am confused, Thanks in advance :)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hello All, I have a question if someone can advice, what is the process for the applications, as far as I know that if it says IP this means that it moved to your local office? However last I checked it was still In Sydney and I am in IP for 3 months now, I am confused, Thanks in advance :)
Remember sending off the application, and the date the courier recorded as the date the application was delivered to CPC-Sydney? Between that date and weeks later, and for some months later, IRCC would report NO record of the application being in the CPC-Sydney office. But it was there the whole time. The AOR date is NOT the date the application is received at Sydney but rather the date that IRCC "acknowledges" receipt of the application.

I am not certain but there are comparable indications that "IP" means CPC-Sydney has completed its screening and referred the application to the respective local office. And it appears that GCMS may not show the file in the local office until someone in the local office takes some action on it, in effect doing something which amounts to recording receipt of the file in the local office. It appears the timeline between the date of IP and the referral to the local office, and the date GCMS will show the file in a particular local office, can vary extensively (like the timeline for most steps in the process). That is, even though GCMS shows the file last in Sydney still, after IP the file is nonetheless in a local office. At least usually, even if not necessarily always.

That is, IRCC does not show the application in the local office, yet, but it is there. Most likely there, most likely by a good margin.

Part of what has happened in the forum is an intensive, compulsive-obsessive focus on the incremental processing steps, scores intently monitoring how long applications take to go from AOR to IP, and then from IP to some further action and ultimately the PI interview and test, and then watching for the timeline to Decision Made, and finally the scheduling of the oath.

The more important milestones to pay attention to are:

-- AOR; most applicants are naturally anxious to see confirmation the application has been received and has passed the completeness check, and thus will be processed in due course, so of course the majority of applicants watch for the AOR date . . . periodically checking eCas and watching mail/email is sufficient; no need to telephone help centre

-- Notices/communications; it is important to watch for any notice or other communication from IRCC, watching one's mail, email, and periodically checking eCas, so that the applicant can respond appropriately and timely; including:

-- -- Notice of PI Interview and (for those not exempt) test; this is, of course, the notice all adult applicants receive, the event all adult applicants must attend

-- -- Notice of oath ceremony; the objective, the event no applicant wants to miss​

Note: other incremental events are largely of no import or significance to the applicant. Timeline watching for these events may be of interest to some applicants, but there is NO NEED to pay attention to or watch for these. Incremental timelines between these events illuminates very little about how things will go for other applicants and NO information at all about how things will go for any OTHER particular applicant.

These include the IP date, indications of activity in local office, and the Decision Made date. (Exceptions include applicants who know they have a reason to worry, who have a reason to anxiously watch for the DM after the PI interview for example.) Focus on these events is largely a waste of time or for the sake of one's own interests.

Thus, no reason to worry about no report the application is in the local office. It most likely is. There is little reason to worry (unless you know of a reason to worry).

tiamo

Jun 15, 2017
Please update, thanks
Name: Tiamo
Application date: Oct 11, 2017
AOR: Dec 1, 2017
Finger Print Letter: Jan 18, 2018 but I was outside of Canada, contacted CIC rep on CIC website for postpone the date
Finger Print date: Feb 26, 2018
Test invitation: Mar 8, 2018
Test date: Apr 18, 2018 (pass 20/20)
Decision made: Apr 25, 2018
Oath letter: June 11, 2018
Ceremony: Canada Day 2018

Reactions: qjzhou

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012

-- The applicant has not been scheduled for the Oath within 12 to 14 months after date application delivered to CPC-Sydney or within six to eight months of the PI interview date and test passed
CIC website says that in most cases applicants would be invited for Oath within 3 months after the interview:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5

Why would you suggest 6 months as normal?