+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

kingtor

Dec 13, 2017
i live in kingston, ontario. how does cic decide the test location? do people have it in thier hometown or the closest big city?

maryam bandi

Jan 30, 2018
Name : CitizenRam
Delivery date : Oct 16th
Signed by Allen thomas on the 19th today

Do we get application or some reference number for the Citizenship application ? Does the waiting start from now ?
Also my PR card shows the expiry as May 2018. Do I need to renew that ? How do I do that ?

regards
Hi ,
I have the same situation like you, I sent my documents and arrived by October 22 th and recived by ALLEN THOMAS. i DIDN'T GET ANYTHING SOFAR NOT EVEN CONFIRMATION EMAIL. May I ask did you get anything? any email?

rrlmushu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2013
Doc's Request.
25-09-2014
Nomination.....
23-11-2013
AOR Received.
04-02-2014
IELTS Request
27-12-2013
File Transfer...
30-06-2014 to Ottawa CPC
Med's Request
04-02-2014
Med's Done....
08-03-2014
Interview........
Non required
I just received AOR. Good news! Please update the sheet.

Bad news, of friday i got arrested and charged for assault so wondering what would happen. Have trial start date on friday, they fingerprinted me and released me on bail under own recoignizance. No probation yet.

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi all,
So i indicated earlier this week that I received my AOR assuming that it was for my second application that I sent early january as my october application was "lost". After accessing ECAS i found out that it was actually my October application. Funny enough I go to check mail today and had mail from IRCC; it was the january application that I apparently used the wrong form (june instead of oct). I am happy that it was returned as i was told by some here that having two applications may cause issues.

I have a question: and that is that should i call IRCC and ask whether the return of my january application will affect my october application as i am already on ECAS?

My advise to all october applicants who haven't received an AOR is the following:
1- You must wait at least for 12 weeks since the delivery of your application to allow them to process your application
2- if you do not hear by the 10 or 11 week then go ahead and open a claim or investigation both with IRCC and through the courier which you used to send your application. This is simply because a lot of applications get lost just through the mishandling of the staff at IRCC and opening an investigation will prompt them to look at your application and at least try to find it.

Good luck and God bless us all :)

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017

Bad news, of friday i got arrested and charged for assault so wondering what would happen. Have trial start date on friday, they fingerprinted me and released me on bail under own recoignizance. No probation yet.
Oh shit BRO!!! When i cam to Canada as a refugee I was told by the CBSA or Canadian police that even if i get punched in the face I shouldn't retaliate; aka you are a guest on trial here and doing anything bad may cause you more harm than the pleasure of punching someone back. I have seen racism and other stuff including threats but never retaliated. I hope that this is not an issue when they transfer your file to your local Citizenship Processing Centre where they do all the background check. Good luck but you need to have this sorted before they send it to the CPC. If you are innocent talk to your MP and have this removed from your file at any cost. Otherwise you are toast Bro.

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
My update:
FP request from Montreal office on 24th January.
FP done on 29th.
Whic one is better: to contact RCMP after one week to know whether they sent the result to IRCC OR directly contact IRCC after two weeks to see if they recived it?
Thanks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi all,
So i indicated earlier this week that I received my AOR assuming that it was for my second application that I sent early january as my october application was "lost". After accessing ECAS i found out that it was actually my October application. Funny enough I go to check mail today and had mail from IRCC; it was the january application that I apparently used the wrong form (june instead of oct). I am happy that it was returned as i was told by some here that having two applications may cause issues.

I have a question: and that is that should i call IRCC and ask whether the return of my january application will affect my october application as i am already on ECAS?

My advise to all october applicants who haven't received an AOR is the following:
1- You must wait at least for 12 weeks since the delivery of your application to allow them to process your application
2- if you do not hear by the 10 or 11 week then go ahead and open a claim or investigation both with IRCC and through the courier which you used to send your application. This is simply because a lot of applications get lost just through the mishandling of the staff at IRCC and opening an investigation will prompt them to look at your application and at least try to find it.

Good luck and God bless us all :)
You're lucky that your second application was returned. Because of the return, IRCC will have no record of it, because it was never entered into GCMS. IMO, no action required on your part. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

GG1

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017

First of all I would recommand you to get a good lawyer and get ur charges dropped .as your charges dropped or you will win the case you wont have no problem but if your charged / convicted during the process then your citizenship will be denied while security check.i would suggest you to withdraw your citizenship application and deal with the criminal matter first.you can apply citizenship later once ur done dealing with ur case.sorry to hear that happened .stay strong and good luck.