+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

canadagoose1

Jan 29, 2018
I just spoke to a CIC agent finally and i was told that my application in Progress has not moved an inch since November (AOR October 25th, IP Novem 16th) as its in the local office in Edmonton and they are no notes or comments. I'm being told since i live in Fort mac which is considered a remote location it appears that i may have to wait till the schedule a test there and she is not sure when that would be although CIC website has February 2018 TBD. I am moving permanently to Mississauga in a few days though i own my fort mac home and can get whatever mails there.. Do you guys think it is smart to change my address or is Mississauga even worse of?? Thank you for your responses.
Hi there, can you confirm the number you called is 888-242-2100 1 1 4 1 or 888-242-2100 4 0? Which option did you select? Thanks.

theskyisblue

Jan 24, 2018
Hi there, can you confirm the number you called is 888-242-2100 1 1 4 1 or 888-242-2100 4 0? Which option did you select? Thanks.
Yeah i have been choosing the same options for 2 weeks straight and finally got lucky today. I was shocked when i heard waiting time was 31 minutes, it felt like a dream LMAO. 1 1 4 1

CanadianIdol259

Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Just wanted to know what does "We started processing your application on January 17, 2018". Does it mean all my documents are in order and now the application has been moved to my local office for further processing ?

Also, if I do get the Residency questionnaire when does it normally come in ? Now or after the interview ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Just wanted to know what does "We started processing your application on January 17, 2018". Does it mean all my documents are in order and now the application has been moved to my local office for further processing ?

Also, if I do get the Residency questionnaire when does it normally come in ? Now or after the interview ?
Yes, basic completion checks were done on your application and was found complete. Now they will verify your eligibility, criminality, security, knowledge test etc ..

RQ can come anytime even after or during the interview.

Reactions: CanadianIdol259

ghsj

Sep 19, 2016
Just finished my exam and interview just now..like i'm just having my lunch right now while typing this message. I just wanna say thank you to all the people who made this forum possible. For all of our "advisors" in their untiring advices.you guys really rock. I am a silent reader here and truly I can say that I really learned a lot from this forum.
Just waiting for the oath invite now.
Good luck to all of you and wishing you all a smooth and speedy process.
congrats!! would you be able to share what the day was like? how long did it take, what's the process like etc

also do you recommend to take half day off work, or the whole day? thanks!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
congrats!! would you be able to share what the day was like? how long did it take, what's the process like etc

also do you recommend to take half day off work, or the whole day? thanks!
Half a day is more than enough.
It should take around 2h.

Pharoh2846

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Hello, I am new to the Forum and I have a quick question please I have not received IP yet and MY AOR is NOV 09, sent from Mississauga, is that Normal??

App sent : Oct 16
AOR : Nov 9
IP: Waiting !!!