+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

lty616

Oct 26, 2017
Name: Tim
Application sent: Oct 14, 2017
Application received: Oct 19, 2017
With signatory
Couple Applicants

HIAL

Oct 26, 2017
1. I highly doubt CIC even looked at your application yet.
2. Did you request such information from CIC?
No never requested anything from them. I went online to check status of application and it says application received

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Hi All, I’ve sent my citizenship application and it was received on Oct 16. Today morning I’ve received an email from CIC that have my UCI # and Application # and reads the following “please find information cencerning you application for citizenship in the attached document” however there was no attachment with the email!!! Anyone knows what is this about??!!
The email was from client-update-Mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca

i also received the same this morning. no attachment

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi folks, what are the 2 pieces personal identification that I can submit for my kids? On CIC website they mentioned school records and insurance card but both don't have a picture of the child. What else can I submit as a personal identification for minor?
Yes, it's a bit confusing. But, I sent copies of passport bio pages and PR cards + report cards... and whatever the asked for (and no more). I'm pretty sure they are aware that kids below 16 does not have health cards with photos (in Ontario, not sure about other provinces).

Siri2017

Oct 23, 2017
Hi
Application
Hello Folks,

Due to the significantly increased number of applications this months, I suggest us to have a week-to-week thread. This will make tracking the progress for an AOR a little bit easier.

An Acknowledgment Of Receive (AOR) stage comes after the application was delivered to the intake office in Sydney, NS; it is the first positive sign, that the application is complete and is ready for processing.

We know for a fact, that as of today the time from the application delivery to an AOR is around 35-40 days.
Chances that this time to increase are expected. So my hope is within this thread here, we will be able to track down and monitor the progress of our applications.

Just to clarify again, post here only if your application was delivered in Sydney, NS on any of the days between October 16 and October 20, 2017.

I will also share an online spreadsheet to have our names in a table, for better tracking. Probably later today.

Are you with me on this thread?

I will start with myself: (post the following)

------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Toni
Delivery Date: October 16, 2017
Application Type (Single/Family of #) : Single (if you are a family, type: Family of 3)
Courier/Signatory Name (optional) : Canada Post / RYAN LAURENDEAU
------------------------------------------------------------

ONLINE SPREADSHEET: (Read Only access)

LINK: >>> https://1drv.ms/x/s!AKghXhVYNRjRjYNa <<<

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: What is the purpose of this thread and this spreadsheet?
A
: Due to the high volume of applicants this month (October, 2017), it will be difficult over the course of the coming year to manage all the discussions from all the applicants from the month of October 2017 (the number of applicants is in the hundreds! if not thousands!)
So, to make things a little bit easier to track, I am making a special thread for only the applications which were delivered in the week of October 16 to October 20, 2017. I'd recommend others to create other threads for the coming weeks, as the numbers will keep increasing.
This is is an initiative by me, in an attempt to make our tracking process a little bit more organized and more focused. Thank You.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi can u add mine to the spreedsheet
Name -damoder
sent Oct16
Received by Cic-oct 20
AOR-?
Days -1500
Sent by Canada post

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
It appears that what I received indeed was AOR.

Online services message says: "we received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017."

Reactions: ClayMtl

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
they aren't even able to attach a correspondence to an email... i dont want to jinx it.. lol

let's hope my application is complete - right now it just says "application received" and they are reviewing it to ensure it is complete. i shall keep you guys informed.

Reactions: Conor9900

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Oh wow that's great you got AOR already. Maybe CIC have a separate team set up to deal with applications under the new rules so they will be processed right away? Wouldn't be very fair on previous applicants but would be good for us!

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
they aren't even able to attach a correspondence to an email... i dont want to jinx it.. lol

let's hope my application is complete - right now it just says "application received" and they are reviewing it to ensure it is complete. i shall keep you guys informed.
Did you receive a file number?