+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Yeah there is no way to tell how long it's gonna take and it is not just GTA. Montreal office too is pretty slow. my local office is Montreal. No test invite in about a year and I am not the only one.

Hopefully they will do something about it when we start calling the call centre after 12 months mark.
My guess is there is very little (if anything) will be done - they deliberately do this “80% people are done within a year “ practice, as long as they can keep it up with the 80% for each incoming batch, their performance report would still sound great, and will be enough to earn enough praises and campaign points, while the 20% could just stay there to rot - it doesn’t matter to them

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Sorry i mean i did interview last two months and i am older my son is teeneger and the offcer asked me about my son i said my son help me and the officer said oak. and i saw older woman with her husband and the offcer asked her who is that and he said my wife i want help her and the officer said oky
Thanks a lot

loncan

May 21, 2013
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
Jul 2014
Hi, could someone please update the October 2017 spreadsheet for me?

Oath Invitation : 15 Oct 2018
Oath Ceremony : 26 Oct 2018 - Kitchener Office

Many thanks

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
It's finally my turn to write this final post. After waiting more than a year, I am becoming a citizen!
Please update the Oct 2017 tacker:

Oat invitation: Oct 16th
Ceremony date: Oct 31st

Good luck everyone!

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
Hi folks, I have a question. We have upcoming citizenship test and interview. Ours is family application, two adults and one child. When we are called for an interview, will I and my wife be interviewed at the same time by the same officer, or will the officer be calling us one by one, and have separate interview with each of us? thanks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi folks, I have a question. We have upcoming citizenship test and interview. Ours is family application, two adults and one child. When we are called for an interview, will I and my wife be interviewed at the same time by the same officer, or will the officer be calling us one by one, and have separate interview with each of us? thanks.
Couples are interviewed together by one agent, based on my interview experience.

Reactions: Matut

alibdn

Dec 19, 2017
CIC received my application in Oct 16, 2017 and my application has been in process since Nov 28, 2017. I called these guys several times and they were saying that I'm in regular processing time. I also got a letter from my company to expedite my application and asked for urgent processing. Nothing happened. I called them on Oct 17, 2018 and after more than a year they now asked me for finger prints. The funny thing is that I just got my IRCC ATIP report and apparently an officer requested a finger print in February 2018 but they did't send me any FP letter. Seems that they had ignored my application for a long time. I called IRCC several times and these guys were completely useless. So much of frustration!

Reactions: anasja2000

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
... I just got my IRCC ATIP report and apparently an officer requested a finger print in February 2018 but they did't send me any FP letter. ..
Reading this, one has to wonder, doesn't this qualify as grounds to lodge a formal complaint?
Sadly it appears there's no real oversight so one wouldn't even know how to proceed with such a complaint.