+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

willruzmtl

Feb 16, 2018
Hi all. I'm in Montreal and my ECAS was updated to Decision Made on March 9. Since then I've been waiting for the oath invitation. Is it normal to wait this long after DM or should I contact CIC to find out what's going on?

Last edited:

Communities

Dec 18, 2017
I am from Toronto and november 2017 applicant.My file received AOR on Jan 9th 2018. I haven't heard as of for exam date. Should i worry or is this the normal processing time for most of them?
Received AOR in November and no response yet

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi all. I'm in Montreal and my ECAS was updated to Decision Made on March 9. Since then I've been waiting for the test invitation. Is it normal to wait this long after DM or should I contact CIC to find out what's going on?
Am I Missing something? are you waiting for a TEST invitation or an OATH invitation?

kimat

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
We just received the fourth line on Ecas about the date and time for the citizenship test on 7th June.

My question is that we are both above 55, so is this normal? Do seniors receive the same line and do we have to really give the citizenship test?

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all. I'm in Montreal and my ECAS was updated to Decision Made on March 9. Since then I've been waiting for the oath invitation. Is it normal to wait this long after DM or should I contact CIC to find out what's going on?
You should feel lucky! My status is "in process" since early December! I just hope to get a test date before 2019. I think the Montreal office the slowest.

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
You should feel lucky! My status is "in process" since early December! I just hope to get a test date before 2019. I think the Montreal office the slowest.
trust me Brampton has to be the slowest :)

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
We just received the fourth line on Ecas about the date and time for the citizenship test on 7th June.

My question is that we are both above 55, so is this normal? Do seniors receive the same line and do we have to really give the citizenship test?
Yes, it's normal to get the same line in the ECAS as everyone but since you are above 55, you will just be going through the interview with the officer to check all the documents and passport stamps- No test at all! :)

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Please help in this test question as I don't know the difference between the following
My member of Parliament (MP) in Ottawa ____________________________
My provincial representative ________________________________
My Territorial Representative __________________________
I know the MP but don't know the Provincial representative & Territorial
I live in Toronto-East York

Thank you
Google everything- you'll find all the answers there! That's what I had done!
Good Luck!

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Does anybody have any fairly reliably-sourced information as to how backlogged CSIS is at the moment with performing the security background checks for citizenship applicants? At 92d of IP now, mine's still in-process. And mine is what I'd call an ordinary 'straight-shot' file. Presumably CSIS is currently being swamped by the ~400+ per day irregular refugee-claimants crossing into Canada from the U.S.?

Qamar29

Jun 16, 2017
Mississauga
What happens with Mississauga office, my ECAS in process since January 11 2018, and still no any news. I see many of them they are in process since December 2017 in Mississauga and no invitation for test.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test and interview today. I was over prepared for the test and passed it. The interview didn't go on that well. From the start the female officer was unfriendly. She checked my passport and ticked the dates from her list. She asked me questions on my family, my travel history and my work. When she was done I asked her if everything is alright especially the background checks and her answer was I will study your file and make a decision. The only positive thing she told me was I passed the test. Nothing regard oath and when to expect it. Her final statement was I will study your file and make a decision. Will see how it goes.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I had my test and interview today. I was over prepared for the test and passed it. The interview didn't go on that well. From the start the female officer was unfriendly. She checked my passport and ticked the dates from her list. She asked me questions on my family, my travel history and my work. When she was done I asked her if everything is alright especially the background checks and her answer was I will study your file and make a decision. The only positive thing she told me was I passed the test. Nothing regard oath and when to expect it. Her final statement was I will study your file and make a decision. Will see how it goes.
I wouldn't worry about it. Most people who do such work are a bit stoic and are trained to be 'boring' bureaucrat. There is a 99% chance that everything is fine with your file and you should get DM soon. Several people reported worst interview experiences but are now citizens.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasmy