+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
test invite came in mail which I didn't check in last 10 days :)
not sure when it came... test on 5th June

@rajmalhotra7 please update
One of admins has already updated.

Do you know which visa office sent you test invite. Is it Mississauga or Scarborough/

What is the test invite date on letter you got? Also, your e-cas should have been updated with test invite sent on?

lalaland2

Jan 13, 2017
Hi folks, I had my test yesterday (May 23) at Mississauga office. Today my status changed to DM. My application was received on Oct 13, 2017. When do you guys think the ceremony would be? I have to do some planning.
Thanks

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks, I had my test yesterday (May 23) at Mississauga office. Today my status changed to DM. My application was received on Oct 13, 2017. When do you guys think the ceremony would be? I have to do some planning.
Thanks
Updated.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Mississauga - went for test yesterday. My application changed to DM and also got Oath invite, same day updated in ecas for June 8th. I requested an earliest oath date during the interview and the officer said, will see what can be done. Please update.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga - went for test yesterday. My application changed to DM and also got Oath invite, same day updated in ecas for June 8th. I requested an earliest oath date during the interview and the officer said, will see what can be done. Please update.
Updated. Congrats!!

Were you handed Oath letter right after interview?

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Ka-ching!
I recognize the officer (by her behavior!)
LOL
I bet yours was a 40-ish Caucasian lady in glasses, who took you to a separate room for the interview.
I was STRUCK by just how much of a scatterbrains she was!
Nearly forgot to have me sign the green form (I had to remind her!), didn't pay any attention to my IDs, tried to give me a list of extra documents to supply, but the list kept changing every time she dictated it to me.
Unprepared (or unwilling) to take the required 5, 10 or even 15 minutes to go methodically thru my passport stamps and cross-check them against my CBSA report (isn't that the main objective of the whole interview!?!).
And (worst of all) TOTALLY convinced of her utmost power to request any kind of paperwork under the sun from me! For as long as she pleases!
This type of official will have no misgivings to drag my case on, for ever and ever ;((

We're in for a long ride, brother!
Nope. It doesn't seem like it was the same person. My officer spent time with me but I feel there wasn't enough time for her to go through everything during the allocated time for the interview. I can of-course express my frustration here but they have several individuals to meet in one sitting & hence she asked me to submit everything so she can review in detail & make a decision. I just worry that the complexity of my travel history may just tire her off and there is no way for to help her on it unless I am able to meet her again. It has been a few weeks since the submission of all the items that were asked. Hope I hear back soon!

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Congratulation. What exactly you requested ? You just said that i want to go for oath as soon as possible or you have mentioned any solid reason ? Thanks

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Had my oath on the 18th. Application is now complete and am now a citizen!!!
All my Canadian immigration related application seemed to take forever but now its all done!.

CTZ

Hi all,

For those who applied for their kids, did the child’s status changed to Decision Made when your status changed to DM? My status and my wife’s is DM but my son’s still shows In Process. He is 10 and was not require to pass the test. Maybe they will change his status at the same time they will send the letter for the ceremony? Anyone with experience on this?

Thanks.
Hi its similar situation for me , could you let me know what finally happened in your case for children DM status , when was it updated ? and when was you oath ceremony.Thanks for guidance