CELPIP results received 20-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
In Process Apr 30, 2014( It changed on May 3)
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
Hey guys, im desperate here! What are the chances i can get Oath invitation next week for June 1st oath ceremony? Is it possible they send out invitations 10days before ceremony? I have travel plans and i really want oath for June 1st I live in Saskatchewan. Thanks guys!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys, im desperate here! What are the chances i can get Oath invitation next week for June 1st oath ceremony? Is it possible they send out invitations 10days before ceremony? I have travel plans and i really want oath for June 1st I live in Saskatchewan. Thanks guys!
While it really has little to do with LUCK, when you will be scheduled for the oath is more or less a luck-of-the-draw guess at this stage. Given the minimal amount of time left before June 1st, odds are not good that it will happen before that day. Short notice for the oath happens, but most reports suggest two or more weeks is likely. Nothing you can do to accelerate when the oath will happen and almost for sure there is nothing you can do to make it happen before June 1st.

Best you can do is wait a few more days (just for the chance you do get notice of it happening so soon), and then notify IRCC of your planned travel dates so that IRCC will NOT schedule you for the oath until after you return. (While oath dates can be rescheduled, it is far, far better to avoid that scenario, and to especially minimize the risk of failing to show for a scheduled oath ceremony.)

lilcysel

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Sep-2013
Nomination.....
01-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
While it really has little to do with LUCK, when you will be scheduled for the oath is more or less a luck-of-the-draw guess at this stage. Given the minimal amount of time left before June 1st, odds are not good that it will happen before that day. Short notice for the oath happens, but most reports suggest two or more weeks is likely. Nothing you can do to accelerate when the oath will happen and almost for sure there is nothing you can do to make it happen before June 1st.

Best you can do is wait a few more days (just for the chance you do get notice of it happening so soon), and then notify IRCC of your planned travel dates so that IRCC will NOT schedule you for the oath until after you return. (While oath dates can be rescheduled, it is far, far better to avoid that scenario, and to especially minimize the risk of failing to show for a scheduled oath ceremony.)
Ahh thank you for the reply! I might have to change my travel plans a little. It’s just visa problems going to Europe. I don’t have enough time to get Schengen visa

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
Ahh thank you for the reply! I might have to change my travel plans a little. It’s just visa problems going to Europe. I don’t have enough time to get Schengen visa
I was in the same predicament. Ended up not wanting to take a chance and applying for a Schengen visa earlier in May and actually just got it on Friday.

Now let's hope they don't schedule my Oath ceremony while I'm away in July o_O

Exactly 30 days since "Decision Made" (Hamilton office) and still no update. Here's hoping it comes soon!

lilcysel

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Sep-2013
Nomination.....
01-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
I was in the same predicament. Ended up not wanting to take a chance and applying for a Schengen visa earlier in May and actually just got it on Friday.

Exactly 30 days since "Decision Made" (Hamilton office) and still no update. Here's hoping it comes soon!
That’s crazy that you are on the same boat too! I’m going to Ireland and Spain and had to have Ireland visa and Schengen visa! Ireland embassy still has my passport and there is no time to apply for Schengen visa we are leaving June 6th. I wanted to do this now because I want to go with friends. People who did test after me got oath invitation and now I’m wondering why they are holding off mine and maybe because of my travelling plans I’m gonna call IRCC first thing in the morning on Tuesday and figure this out. Yeah I would be super annoyed if they send me invitation while I’m gone( I might go to a different country instead of Spain in that case) I couldn’t apply for any visas until my test/interview was done which was April 18th. I sent my Ireland visa application same day right after my interview and still waiting to get my passport.. ughh..

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Please help in this test question as I don't know the difference between the following
My member of Parliament (MP) in Ottawa ____________________________
My provincial representative ________________________________
My Territorial Representative __________________________
I know the MP but don't know the Provincial representative & Territorial
I live in Toronto-East York

Thank you

Last edited:

Nov 4, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO/Mississauga office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014/03-11-2017
AOR Received.
06-01-2015/10-01-2018
IELTS Request
Provided upfront
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
24-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-30-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-15-2015
LANDED..........
Already in Canada :P
I am from Toronto and november 2017 applicant.My file received AOR on Jan 9th 2018. I haven't heard as of for exam date. Should i worry or is this the normal processing time for most of them?

theoffspring

Jul 19, 2012
That’s crazy that you are on the same boat too! I’m going to Ireland and Spain and had to have Ireland visa and Schengen visa! Ireland embassy still has my passport and there is no time to apply for Schengen visa we are leaving June 6th. I wanted to do this now because I want to go with friends. People who did test after me got oath invitation and now I’m wondering why they are holding off mine and maybe because of my travelling plans I’m gonna call IRCC first thing in the morning on Tuesday and figure this out. Yeah I would be super annoyed if they send me invitation while I’m gone( I might go to a different country instead of Spain in that case) I couldn’t apply for any visas until my test/interview was done which was April 18th. I sent my Ireland visa application same day right after my interview and still waiting to get my passport.. ughh..
There may still be hope! My brother in law applied for a schengen visa last year through the Spanish consulate and he got his in 2 days! Hang tight!

lilcysel

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-May-2013
Doc's Request.
26-Sep-2013
Nomination.....
01-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
09-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
RPRF request 22-Apr-2014
Med's Request
09-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
20-Dec-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
19-June-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-June-2014
LANDED..........
August 18, 2014
There may still be hope! My brother in law applied for a schengen visa last year through the Spanish consulate and he got his in 2 days! Hang tight!
Thanks for the positive vibe! Good to know that he got it in two days! I live in SK and i have to fly to Ottawa to get Schengen visa. Unfortunately Spain embassy does not have any appointments till July :( And i leave for Ireland June 6th :(

muk5477

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016

I from Hamilton office too almost a month to decision mad

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Hey!

I went for my ceremony last Friday (18-May-2018) and it went pretty well. I am now a Canadian Citizen :).

I wish everyone else best of luck! Going to apply for my passport soon :D

Cheers :)

tongshilong

Oct 30, 2017
Update:
Received Test invitation on May 14th. (CIC website says they sent notice to me on May4 by mail, but I only received Email notice on May14)
Test date June 4th, exam location Scarborough

user name: tongshilong.

Thanks!

Yu

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Update:
Received Test invitation on May 14th. (CIC website says they sent notice to me on May4 by mail, but I only received Email notice on May14)
Test date June 4th, exam location Scarborough

user name: tongshilong.

Thanks!

Yu
Congrats, updated the sheet