+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

ahass

Nov 6, 2013
Hi All, unfortunately we got a physical presence questionnaire (PPQ). There is one question on the form that is confusing me very much and am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.
The question states "Where have all of your close family members (spouse, common-law partner, children, brothers, sisters, mother, father) lived/spent most of their time during your eligibility period? Provide their legal citizenship/immigration status in the country they reside"
And then there is a table with the following columns: Name; DOB; Relationship; Citizenship; From (Y/M/D); To (Y/M/D); Countries; Status in Country (Permanent/Temporary); Profession (s).

My confusion is for the following cases:
1) My spouse primarily resided in our country of citizenship, but visited every 6-8 months for about 2-3 months during my eligibility period. Should I list each of his trips separately as the table asks for "From" and "To" dates?
2) One of my children was a temporary resident for about half of my eligibility period and a PR for the latter half. Should I enter her twice by splitting the time period for each type of residency status? She was residing in Canada throughout.

Would really appreciate if anyone with a PPQ could clarify how they answered this question. Thank you!!

Reactions: Voltron123

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

Received below update online on March 16th .. I didn't receive a test invite yet by mail or online and the update is about the oath taking and the ceremony! Is this normal and when will the test take place?

"We sent you a notice on March 16, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment".

Any thoughts?

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

Received below update online on March 16th .. I didn't receive a test invite yet by mail or online and the update is about the oath taking and the ceremony! Is this normal and when will the test take place?

"We sent you a notice on March 16, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on April 13, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment".

Any thoughts?
I've seen that before... You will probably receive a test invitation which will be before or on that date

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Any thoughts?
Do you see the oath invite as a 4th line on e-cas? Are you a senior, who does not need to write test?

Feb 15, 2018
My journey is now complete: I was welcomed into the Canadian family last Friday (March 16th) in Ottawa with these amazing and moving words from the oath administrator (he was a decorated war hero).

"Until this moment, you were guests in this country. Now you are hosts !!"

WOW !!! And yes, I shall now take that responsibility very seriously and help others like I was helped.

Here are some other thoughts...

Thank you Amb John MacCallum for initiating C-6. Sorry you were not here to see the fruits of your labor. And Thank You to Minister Hussen and the staff at IRCC. Yes, I'm still amazed that even with an additional 40K applicants in Oct, I got through the whole process in 5 months. Amazing work indeed !! And Thank You PM Trudeau: In the debates, you said "A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" and after getting elected, you backed your words with deeds and earned my vote (even though I lean Conservative).

And now to the rest...
1. Jason "Fatty" Kenney who almost threw out my PR application to solve a backlog
2. Chris "let me shut the doors after my Danish wife gets in" Alexander who implemented C-51
3. Stephen "Lucifer" Harper who hated immigrants and wouldn't blink an eye to torture !
4. Linda Frum who single handedly delayed C-6 for more than a year (how dare you, specially after some of your own family perished in the Holocaust)

Guess what Fatty, Chrissy, Luci and Frum ? I'm now IN (with another 250K) and I will vote against you lot. The joke is on you CONS !!! Haha.

Finally, let me plagiarize the MasterCard ad:

Photocopies of Docs = $ 5
Citizenship Photos @ Canadian Superstore = $ 16
Citizenship Application Fee = $ 630 (again, it was Fatty who increased it !)
Mail-in (Canada Post) = $ 22
Parking in Downtown Ottawa (2 times) = $ 25
Canadian Citizenship = Priceless

What else is "Priceless" ? (1) A chance to vote against the CONS and (2) Forgiving them !!!
For the rest, we have C-6, which I dubbed "From Sea(C) to Sea(C) to Sea(C), a (C)anadian is a (C)anadian is a (C)anadian"

No more checking ECAS 4 times a day (Even deleted the link to the tracker).

Glad to be part of the Canadian Mosaic. This truly is an amazing country.

Good luck every one !!

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
Do you see the oath invite as a 4th line on e-cas? Are you a senior, who does not need to write test?
No I am not a senior!

I see 5 lines in Ecas:
1- Oct 16 : Application received
2- Nov 22 : AOR
3- Dec 1 : In Process
4- Dec 20 : Finger prints request
5- Mar 16 : Oath/Ceremony invite to be held on Apr 13

So, no line for test/interview invite.. I have seen others getting test and oath on the same day but their Invite will be for the test not for oath and if they pass the test they will be offered to attend the ceremony the same day.

I will wait for the invite to arrive by mail and update you.. they might have sent both invites in same envelop.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I am not a senior!

I see 5 lines in Ecas:

So, no line for test/interview invite.. I have seen others getting test and oath on the same day but their Invite will be for the test not for oath and if they pass the test they will be offered to attend the ceremony the same day.

I will wait for the invite to arrive by mail and update you.. they might have sent both invites in same envelop.
Thanks. Do you live far from your local visa office (Edmonton).

We have another user @sep28 from Edmonton, who lives far from Edmonton and received oath invite before test invite and had test & oath on same day.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
No I am not a senior!

I see 5 lines in Ecas:

What's your location ? ECAS is not entirely accurate all the time. People have had their status change after an incorrect one. I've only ever seen Calgary and Edmonton conduct the test and oath the same day, and that's for applicants who live in a remote location (300-400km away from the nearest CPC or regional iternant service). Not sure if you fall in this category.

hamour80

Dec 22, 2017
What's your location ? ECAS is not entirely accurate all the time. People have had their status change after an incorrect one. I've only ever seen Calgary and Edmonton conduct the test and oath the same day, and that's for applicants who live in a remote location (300-400km away from the nearest CPC or regional iternant service). Not sure if you fall in this category.
Make sense!! My original address was Grande Prairie-AB which is 500 KM far from Edmonton but I actually moved to Edmonton effective March 1st.

I think (luckily) my file was processed based on the original address

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably my last post here -
Decision March 13, Oath Letter March 16, Oath Ceremony March 29.
Good luck everyone! Hang on tight ! your turn will come soon !
Can you please advise what your visa office is for test & oath? Is it Scarborough, Mississauga or any other visa office

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
Hi All, unfortunately we got a physical presence questionnaire (PPQ). There is one question on the form that is confusing me very much and am wondering if anyone else is in the same situation.
The question states "Where have all of your close family members (spouse, common-law partner, children, brothers, sisters, mother, father) lived/spent most of their time during your eligibility period? Provide their legal citizenship/immigration status in the country they reside"
And then there is a table with the following columns: Name; DOB; Relationship; Citizenship; From (Y/M/D); To (Y/M/D); Countries; Status in Country (Permanent/Temporary); Profession (s).

My confusion is for the following cases:
1) My spouse primarily resided in our country of citizenship but visited every 6-8 months for about 2-3 months during my eligibility period. Should I list each of his trips separately as the table asks for "From" and "To" dates?
2) One of my children was a temporary resident for about half of my eligibility period and a PR for the latter half. Should I enter her twice by splitting the time period for each type of residency status? She was residing in Canada throughout.

Would really appreciate if anyone with a PPQ could clarify how they answered this question. Thank you!!
Sorry to hear that you've received QAE request. There are quite a few people who also received the same request and it's a big challenge to collect all supporting documents in 60 days! Don't waste any minute to submit your Personal Health Summary request. It may take up to 40 days to receive this document (depends on the province). There is another discussion page that might be helpful: RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

If you received QAE request, most probably your case is quite complicated or there are some conflicting information in your application (work history, entry-exit records etc). I recommend you to attach a detailed cover letter to explain your situation. I wrote a long letter and provided extra information for each section.

You may also prepare an additional "Absences from Canada" document and provide details of your travels (entry-exit dates, addresses, travel purpose etc). If you still have them, add your flight itineraries and hotel reservations as additional supporting documents. In the PPQ form, there is not enough space.

Good luck!

OakvilleON123

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know if someone else has been facing this issue on their ecas like I am. Last I could login and check my status on ecas was March 13 8:25 am. After that, whenever I login the site tells me to update my address and put my new one, but I am still residing in my current address. I was annoyed by it yesterday so I updated it by keying in the same old address and today i logged in again, but yet again when I log in, it automatically puts me on the update address page and does not let me see any updates. Please Help, especially if you have been though this!

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
I don't know if someone else has been facing this issue on their ecas like I am. Last I could login and check my status on ecas was March 13 8:25 am. After that, whenever I login the site tells me to update my address and put my new one, but I am still residing in my current address. I was annoyed by it yesterday so I updated it by keying in the same old address and today i logged in again, but yet again when I log in, it automatically puts me on the update address page and does not let me see any updates. Please Help, especially if you have been though this!
Just log out, give it sometime and try to log in again. It's really annoying, I know! Alternatively, before you log in, refresh the ecas page as you may be on the "cached page from previous login". Also, if you have family members on the same application with you, ensure you add them to your "edited/new" address as well.

Reactions: OakvilleON123