+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Our test date is scheduled in the notice for March 21st.
Not as soon as we would have liked but at least we're in there somewhere.
We've been studying with great anticipation for months :)
Most helpful for me were the online tests. I started studying a week before the test. In total not more than 8 hours. The online practice tests HELP!!! a lot. I got 20/20! ;)

CTZ

Most helpful for me were the online tests. I started studying a week before the test. In total not more than 8 hours. The online practice tests HELP!!! a lot. I got 20/20! ;)
Hi, Did ecas update with your test invite date, what was the time between ecase test update and actual test - thanks for sharing

And congratulations on 20/20 !

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Pls add me to the Spread sheet

App.Type: family
Physical Presence Days: 1301
App Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App Recd: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Dec 12,2017
In Process: Jan 24,2018
Added to the excel sheet, good luck

Maarns

Mar 4, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm an Aussie citizen looking to submit my package this month, but I have one question regarding the language requirement.

The official wording is "A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad". I have official transcripts (in English) from my university back home, but nowhere on it does it say what language the course was done in.

Is it enough that it is implied that the course was taken in English, given the document and all of the course names are?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm an Aussie citizen looking to submit my package this month, but I have one question regarding the language requirement.

The official wording is "A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad". I have official transcripts (in English) from my university back home, but nowhere on it does it say what language the course was done in.

Is it enough that it is implied that the course was taken in English, given the document and all of the course names are?
You mention "course", which would not be sufficient. They want you to show that you completed a program rather than a single course. Note that a secondary school diploma (which you likely have, as you went on to uni) is sufficient, it does not need to be a post-secondary program at all.

The fact that your transcript is in English will be good enough. They only ask for proof that the program was in English if the text on the degree (or whatever) is not in English.

Maarns

Mar 4, 2018
You mention "course", which would not be sufficient. They want you to show that you completed a program rather than a single course. Note that a secondary school diploma (which you likely have, as you went on to uni) is sufficient, it does not need to be a post-secondary program at all.

The fact that your transcript is in English will be good enough. They only ask for proof that the program was in English if the text on the degree (or whatever) is not in English.
Thanks for the quick reply, btbt. Re: my mention of the "course", it was indeed a program (a bachelor's degree, to be specific) -- I think it's just a difference in terminology between our countries :)

Quick follow-up question: I haven't been able to find out if they need an original document from the university, or if a scanned copy of the transcript is enough. Does anyone know what the requirement is? Thanks again.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply, btbt. Re: my mention of the "course", it was indeed a program (a bachelor's degree, to be specific) -- I think it's just a difference in terminology between our countries :)
Five peoples divided by a common language :D.

But yeah, you're all set. A copy of the diploma or transcript will do just fine (and then take in the original when you have your test and interview).

Maarns

Mar 4, 2018
Five peoples divided by a common language :D.

But yeah, you're all set. A copy of the diploma or transcript will do just fine (and then take in the original when you have your test and interview).
So true! Gotta love this crazy language.

Thanks again for your help.

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Quick follow-up question: I haven't been able to find out if they need an original document from the university, or if a scanned copy of the transcript is enough. Does anyone know what the requirement is? Thanks again.
When you submit the application you only send a photocopy.

At your interview you are expected to have an original transcript or diploma (I wasn't asked to show my original transcript at my interview, but others were asked to show theirs).

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Hi, Did ecas update with your test invite date, what was the time between ecase test update and actual test - thanks for sharing

And congratulations on 20/20 !
ECAS was updated the day after I received the invitation letter by email. This was Feb 7th and test date March 1st

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Is there a dress code when going for the Test/Interview? No jeans and t-shirt?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Is there a dress code when going for the Test/Interview? No jeans and t-shirt?
There is no dress code. You are being interviewed by a citizenship officer, so I'd recommend against wearing slogan t-shirts or ratty clothing.

I wore jeans and a button-down shirt and didn't stand out one way or another.