+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
They dont reply to you they send it directly to IRCC .. wait for the letter ..
What I was asking about is the time it takes to hear again from IRCC after they receive the FP or the document they are asking about.. does it usually take another few moths or is it a matter of weeks only

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
What I was asking about is the time it takes to hear again from IRCC after they receive the FP or the document they are asking about.. does it usually take another few moths or is it a matter of weeks only
You dont hear from them any reply about sending the finger prints .. they receive it and you have to have it done within 1 month of receiving the finger print request .. if you want to confirm they received it you have to call them after 2 weeks from being finished and sent by RCMP .. the RCMP finishes it in 3 days if you have no criminal record anywhere in the world .. if you have any record or your finger prints matchs any suspect then it takes up till 3 months .. to be finished and sent back to IRCC ..

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hello guys,

Help me with a suitable answer please whoever knows. Here you go:

During the in process stage, at what point of time does our file gets transferred to our local office(Scarborough). Because they were doing my background check while it was in Sydney and now I got to know it's transferred to my local office. Is this mean my background check is completed??

Please help me guys. Thanks

sansnom

Mar 10, 2017
Hello guys,

Help me with a suitable answer please whoever knows. Here you go:

During the in process stage, at what point of time does our file gets transferred to our local office(Scarborough). Because they were doing my background check while it was in Sydney and now I got to know it's transferred to my local office. Is this mean my background check is completed??

Please help me guys. Thanks
It varies. Some people's file gets transferred after background check is done (like mine), other people's gets transferred before. One has to call CIC or request GCMS notes to figure it out.

Reactions: Monmon24

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
It varies. Some people's file gets transferred after background check is done (like mine), other people's gets transferred before. One has to call CIC or request GCMS notes to figure it out.
Hi
Mine the background check is not done bye Sydney nor my local office its with St Clair .. last time I called to know if the finger prints arrived they told me I am in background check stage .. Do you know how long it takes to finish background check ? ..

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Did anyone receive a test invite with a strange-ish time for their appointment? Not a rounded-up and standard-looking appointment time like 8:15am and so forth... but like 1:34pm or something else off with the minutes like that?

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
You dont hear from them any reply about sending the finger prints .. they receive it and you have to have it done within 1 month of receiving the finger print request .. if you want to confirm they received it you have to call them after 2 weeks from being finished and sent by RCMP .. the RCMP finishes it in 3 days if you have no criminal record anywhere in the world .. if you have any record or your finger prints matchs any suspect then it takes up till 3 months .. to be finished and sent back to IRCC ..
Thank you Monmon24 :)

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
Any Regina applicant (Oct 16th delivered) didn't get test invite yet like me? All I know before and after are writing test in March and I was wondering what happened to me!
Called CIC they gave me generic response! Just wanted to know if anyone in the same boat.
The only thing I was worried is about that I sent 2 payment receipt with explanation letter requesting 1 refund. Later found procedure and refunded one.
IP since Dec 7th!
TIA

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
@Niloy001 did you got the test invite yet ? I am in same situation like you. My app went in process dec 14 and have heard nothing since then
I don't know what went wrong with our application! I didn't get anything from them yet. Called IRCC yesterday, gave me generic reply that its in progress! When did your app got delivered?

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Did anyone receive a test invite with a strange-ish time for their appointment? Not a rounded-up and standard-looking appointment time like 8:15am and so forth... but like 1:34pm or something else off with the minutes like that?
Mine is 8:18 AM! :)

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Anyone knows how long the background check takes ?
It consists of 3 different departments: RCMP, CISC and CBSA. RCMP is usually very fast in matter of less than 5 days if you don't have a criminal background.
CISC certificate are usually valid for 4 years unless something change. for new cert it would be around 2-3 weeks
CBSA: not predictable

Now based on your nationality and time you got your PR, this will be different.

Reactions: Monmon24