+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

can123456

Nov 18, 2016
Experts please help.

I have question reagrding physical presence calculator and stamps on the passport:

I made a trip to London UK. Left Canada: July 1st 2017 - becuase of time difference arrvied UK July 2nd 2017 (stamp on passport from UK Border is July 2nd)... But the problem is on my physical presence calculator I wrote From July 1st 2017.

I have at least 4 trips like that to other countries with 1 day descrepancy.

Is it going to be an issue? Anyone with similar past experience please share, thank you.
the physical presence calculator has nothing to do with the actual stamp dates. according to the calculator, if you leave Canada on July 1st and let's assume you come back on same day 1st july or a day after on 2nd July (all times Canadian), it would still be counted as "ZERO" days outside Canada....The stamp dates tells the day you arrived in a particular country and those records won't be used to count your outside Canada days..

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Experts please help.

I have question reagrding physical presence calculator and stamps on the passport:

I made a trip to London UK. Left Canada: July 1st 2017 - becuase of time difference arrvied UK July 2nd 2017 (stamp on passport from UK Border is July 2nd)... But the problem is on my physical presence calculator I wrote From July 1st 2017.

I have at least 4 trips like that to other countries with 1 day descrepancy.

Is it going to be an issue? Anyone with similar past experience please share, thank you.
It will not be an issue. You are overthinking it :)

canadianthrower

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
12-02-2014
Should I call CIC to find out why my application is not In Process yet? Or would that just be a waste of time?

Libanais

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
inchalla soon
VISA ISSUED...
inshalla
Hello. I did my exam yesterday 20feb ( Montreal) Can u update?, the agent tell me that ceremony will be after 4 month

theskyisblue

Jan 24, 2018
I am confused, got an invite for FortMcMurray. It says Friday March 15th, 2018. March 15th 2018 is a THURSDAY!! It then says if you don't meet the requirements you will not receive your citizenship on FEBRUARY 5TH!! I am so confused.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am confused, got an invite for FortMcMurray. It says Friday March 15th, 2018. March 15th 2018 is a THURSDAY!! It then says if you don't meet the requirements you will not receive your citizenship on FEBRUARY 5TH!! I am so confused.
Your invite actually explicitly mentions the day ? I only see the date on mine. I guess the template varies from CPC to CPC.

In your case, it sounds like the officer took an existing filled template, and edited it for your dates, and obviously made some errors. Did you also get the oath invite, scheduled on the same day as your test ? I don't get the "you will not receive your citizenship on FEBRUARY 5TH" part.

I would suggest to check ECAS once it updates, and call them to confirm your date.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
Please update me and thank you. Decision made. My husband and I did the test and interview on Jan. 31 and passed . I had my FP done on Jan.18. We will be going out of the country this March and returning by April. We advised the officer during the interview that we’ll be out of the country for a month. And she noted that. We will be expecting our oath this April. Good luck to all.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Please update me. Decision made. My husband and I did the test and interview on Jan. 31 and passed . I had my FP done on Jan.18. We will be going out of the country this March and returning by April. We advised the officer during the interview that we’ll be out of the country for a month. And she noted that. We will be expecting our oath this April. Good luck to all.
updated, good luck

Reactions: ncee2001

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
Hi everyone,
I pass the citizenship test today but my wife didn’t unfortunately. What’s going to happen now for my application knowing that we applied as a family?

Thanks for your response.

Feb 21, 2018
Hey guys, i just found out i missed a travel on my citizenship application that i submitted and have in process. It doesn't affect my eligible days but it worries me. I traveled to the UK for about 22 days in 2015 and i just looked at my old passport and i saw the stamp when i visited the safari in South Africa for 10 days. I left Canada to UK and then to South Africa and back to UK and back to Canada but i put all as a trip to the UK. I did not mention it all in the description field either. What can i do or do i take the risk to wait and explain during interview??. 10 days looks too long to omit i am thinking. No changes to eligibility days though. what do i do?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys, i just found out i missed a travel on my citizenship application that i submitted and have in process. It doesn't affect my eligible days but it worries me. I traveled to the UK for about 22 days in 2015 and i just looked at my old passport and i saw the stamp when i visited the safari in South Africa for 10 days. I left Canada to UK and then to South Africa and back to UK and back to Canada but i put all as a trip to the UK. I did not mention it all in the description field either. What can i do or do i take the risk to wait and explain during interview??. 10 days looks too long to omit i am thinking. No changes to eligibility days though. what do i do?
Not much risk. This is not something a processing agent will notice until the interview and review of your passport. As you note, it does not affect the calculation of days present.

Since the passport stamp will be a date your calculation shows you to be outside Canada, any question about it is readily resolved. Probably something to take note of and be prepared to proactively explain (as you do above and before asked any question about it) at the interview.

Caveat: for clearly qualified applicants, the interview can go much faster with minimal opportunity to interject than many might anticipate, which would be OK, in which case you explain if asked and otherwise it is not something to worry about. Oft times the interviewer can ask a question about the presence calculation, such as "is this complete?" or "did you take any other trips?" or something along those lines. If asked something like this, that would be a perfect opportunity to clarify that you declared the trip to the UK xx date and during that trip you also went to South Africa for a safari (nice work if you can get it, revealing some green in my gills).

Note: the duration of the trip while on a trip otherwise declared is not something that is readily apparent . . . the passport stamps, however, are what are readily apparent if and when an interviewer is closely examining them (whose passport gets the more thorough screening varies, not all do). Those should have readily identifiable dates. Those dates should easily be compared with dates in the presence calculator.

One more caveat: obviously, if your trip to South Africa is prominently noted in social media or other Internet venues, that is a situation in which it is possible, probably NOT LIKELY but possible, an IRCC processing agent might have come across it and noticed it was not disclosed in the presence calculation. Who and when applicants are subject to such online, open source inquiries, we do not know. We just know that some are sometimes. Just something to be aware of.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi guys,
Just an info for any future applicants. I remember we were discussing the language requirements a few months back to confirm if "currently enrolled" is sufficient or not. Well, the good news is, one of my friends is currently studying and included his transcript for the last four semesters and a letter from the office of the registrar stating his enrollment. He got his AOR. So anyone stressing out about the language requirement, this is a confirmation that currently enrolled is good enough.

Reactions: salimnw
Feb 21, 2018
Not much risk. This is not something a processing agent will notice until the interview and review of your passport. As you note, it does not affect the calculation of days present.

Since the passport stamp will be a date your calculation shows you to be outside Canada, any question about it is readily resolved. Probably something to take note of and be prepared to proactively explain (as you do above and before asked any question about it) at the interview.

Caveat: for clearly qualified applicants, the interview can go much faster with minimal opportunity to interject than many might anticipate, which would be OK, in which case you explain if asked and otherwise it is not something to worry about. Oft times the interviewer can ask a question about the presence calculation, such as "is this complete?" or "did you take any other trips?" or something along those lines. If asked something like this, that would be a perfect opportunity to clarify that you declared the trip to the UK xx date and during that trip you also went to South Africa for a safari (nice work if you can get it, revealing some green in my gills).

Note: the duration of the trip while on a trip otherwise declared is not something that is readily apparent . . . the passport stamps, however, are what are readily apparent if and when an interviewer is closely examining them (whose passport gets the more thorough screening varies, not all do). Those should have readily identifiable dates. Those dates should easily be compared with dates in the presence calculator.

One more caveat: obviously, if your trip to South Africa is prominently noted in social media or other Internet venues, that is a situation in which it is possible, probably NOT LIKELY but possible, an IRCC processing agent might have come across it and noticed it was not disclosed in the presence calculation. Who and when applicants are subject to such online, open source inquiries, we do not know. We just know that some are sometimes. Just something to be aware of.
Thank you very very much. I'll just wait and explain.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hi everyone,
I pass the citizenship test today but my wife didn’t unfortunately. What’s going to happen now for my application knowing that we applied as a family?

Thanks for your response.
You should file for divorce. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I could not resist! My wife got FP... I told her how disappointed as was that she didn't disclose her criminal record before... and that I had spoken to my lawyer...

But since nothing was found on the RCMP database, I warned her not fail the test, that would be the last straw for me.

On a serious note: they will just reschedule her for another test within 2 months (or more); but if she fails again (run for your life)... they will send her a notice telling her to appear for a hearing with a citizenship officer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=361&top=5

Note: since your applications are together, you will need to wait until she completes the process to take the oath.

My suggestion: take her out for dinner, have a laugh a and coach her. Cheers!