Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally...
Please update. Thank you so much

4. We sent you a notice on February 15, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Updated. Congrats!!

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
yeah same here, I really dont know whats happening here. I called the CIC and got no help, they said either wait or reapply. its so frustrating!!
reapplying worked for me. If I kept waiting for the 1st app, I wouldn't have received AOR until now.

Reactions: Afarp

navaneethakannan

Aug 13, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
OCT 23
IELTS Request
Hey!

Please update my status:
Test Date Email Received: Feb 16, 2018
Test Date: 03 March 2018

Regards
Nav

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Urgent

Friends,
I am going through two situations and I want to apply for urgent process. Could you please help here
1- My Mom is sick and I need to travel
2- I have very good job opportunity in US and I Can only secure that through TN status

Can anyone write a brief draft with impressive wording ? As I am not sure what to write and how to write?. I shall be very thankful to you guys.
No one can help you write without knowing your situation. If you mom is seriously sick and you have the evidence to proof then you may qualify for urgent processing. Assuming your mom lives in your country of origin then why do you need Canadian citizenship to visit your home country? You need to explain that as well.
Every one has job opportunity in the US. I mean if you can get a job in Canada you can get a job in the US too. So this would not be a qualified reason for urgent processing. The only way you could get urgent processing is if your Canadian employer requires Canadian citizenship for your job and the employer needs to write a qualified reason for the request. You can see more about urgent processing at : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
Subject: I did not receive my TEST INVITATION LETTER in MAIL. Would it be any issue on test date?

I have received my test invite by email from IRCC two weeks ago. My exam is early next week. There is a pdf in the email with all details for the exam. However, I have not received any invite in my mailbox. The online client status says to "CONTACT IRCC if I DO NOT RECEIVE A CORRESPONDENCE". Does it mean actual physical mail?

I tried to send email to IRCC to inquire about that but has not received any response yet.

A) Do you know if I need an official letter sent by mail from IRCC in order to be able to show up at the exam venue?
B) Those who received the invitation letter by mail, is there any difference between PDF in the email compared to physical mail content?

Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Subject: I did not receive my TEST INVITATION LETTER in MAIL. Would it be any issue on test date?

I have received my test invite by email from IRCC two weeks ago. My exam is early next week. There is a pdf in the email with all details for the exam. However, I have not received any invite in my mailbox. The online client status says to "CONTACT IRCC if I DO NOT RECEIVE A CORRESPONDENCE". Does it mean actual physical mail?

I tried to send email to IRCC to inquire about that but has not received any response yet.

A) Do you know if I need an official letter sent by mail from IRCC in order to be able to show up at the exam venue?
B) Those who received the invitation letter by mail, is there any difference between PDF in the email compared to physical mail content?

Thanks
No, you won't get another invite by mail. Just print the pdf and take it with you.

Reactions: MTLBoy

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
No one can help you write without knowing your situation. If you mom is seriously sick and you have the evidence to proof then you may qualify for urgent processing. Assuming your mom lives in your country of origin then why do you need Canadian citizenship to visit your home country? You need to explain that as well.
Every one has job opportunity in the US. I mean if you can get a job in Canada you can get a job in the US too. So this would not be a qualified reason for urgent processing. The only way you could get urgent processing is if your Canadian employer requires Canadian citizenship for your job and the employer needs to write a qualified reason for the request. You can see more about urgent processing at : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

Thanks for replying but I am disagreeing with your both points. Firstly, I did not ask to anyone here to analyse that I am qualifying for urgent processing or not ? because I know already that I am qualifying for urgent processing. I just requested to write down the draft for me on based on two points which I mentioned in my above comments.

1- No one know your situation. " Situation has already been mentioned in my above post , Mom is Sick and Have job offer ". What other situation you are talking about ? I am asking for a draft based on the said two points.

2- I am Disagreeing with your argument regarding job that every one has job here in Canada and in US. Its not necessary that every one has job in US or here in Canada. Lot of professionals are jobless here including me or they are doing odd(other than their profession) jobs. Secondly, the link you shared, I guess you did not read properly. Please read it again and specially read the first point where it says " Apply for a job" . I am copying the actual wording below from The website . It clearly says that you are eligible if you are applying for a job and for that you need Canadian Citizenship.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
I guess we should not create the false or unacquainted comments here to avoid confusion.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
reapplying worked for me. If I kept waiting for the 1st app, I wouldn't have received AOR until now.

There is no point to re-apply I guess. If IRCC ask to re-apply then it make sense otherwise re-application is just an effort to mess up with your case. It can create extra confusion. Even for the Webform, CIC clearly says that do not submit two times. So I will wait for their response.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
yeah same here, I really dont know whats happening here. I called the CIC and got no help, they said either wait or reapply. its so frustrating!!
I would suggest to wait. Do not re-apply. CIC agents are not experts and they do not even know sometime the process. I noticed here on this forum, few guys got their AOR after 2 and half months. So We should be patient here. Just remember, same were happening during our PR process and if we would have reapplied over there what would happened ? Mess only.

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
waiting for test invite since 4th December17, Location Vancouver/Surrey Office I am not sure, online it is IP and no news after