AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
+1 on that...
> is there a way we can know where the file is getting processed?
> also, would agents actually know the file status or, they'll just guess?
> Can we request urgent processing? (i'm "in progress" from about 2 months now)
Not sure but I think i just read someones update that they called cic to check upon where the file is, may be we can call too. Let me try calling today :) yea almost 2 months for us

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Not sure but I think i just read someones update that they called cic to check upon where the file is, may be we can call too. Let me try calling today :) yea almost 2 months for us
I dont know if its good idea and I am surprised they tell someone that the background check is finished and where the file is !! .. For me I have to call just to make sure they received my finger prints because in the letter I received they say it has to be done and delivered in 1 month other wise the file processing stops .. Calling without a specific reason might cause them to worry . I dont know if its a good idea but its your call

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I dont know if its good idea and I am surprised they tell someone that the background check is finished and where the file is !! .. For me I have to call just to make sure they received my finger prints because in the letter I received they say it has to be done and delivered in 1 month other wise the file processing stops .. Calling without a specific reason might cause them to worry . I dont know if its a good idea but its your call
Calling them does not affect processing in any way. Call centre agents have no such power.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Hi guys,
My application was delivered on Oct. 16
AOR received on Dec. 8

I moved to Toronto from Montreal so I updated my address online and received a call about a month later to confirm the address and told me that they want to send my application to the local office.

Then I received a letter a week ago that my application was sent to "Program Support Unit" and is still in Sydney!

Does anyone know anything about "Program support unit"? The only thing in my application is that I had requested first name change as I have changed my first name legally in my home country. How long this might affect the overall processing of my application?

By the way, before receiving that delay later, I had applied for urgent processing and I received a confirmation email from an agent that they "verified the information and forwarded it to the responsible office".

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi guys,
My application was delivered on Oct. 16
AOR received on Dec. 8

I moved to Toronto from Montreal so I updated my address online and received a call about a month later to confirm the address and told me that they want to send my application to the local office.

Then I received a letter a week ago that my application was sent to "Program Support Unit" and is still in Sydney!

Does anyone know anything about "Program support unit"? The only thing in my application is that I had requested first name change as I have changed my first name legally in my home country. How long this might affect the overall processing of my application?

By the way, before receiving that delay later, I had applied for urgent processing and I received a confirmation email from an agent that they "verified the information and forwarded it to the responsible office".
Yes, AFAIK, all name change requests are handled by the PSU.

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
Just wana share the update from CIC. I just Called CIC and spoke to an agent and she was very much helpful and try to dig my case and came up that your application is still not yet opened because processing center is working on December 15th applications today and you will receive AOR in approx. two weeks because your application delivered to us on 27th of December.

Now the time between Application Receiving and AOR is almost two months and few days.

Thanks

Reactions: anasja2000

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
All,
Just wana share the update from CIC. I just Called CIC and spoke to an agent and she was very much helpful and try to dig my case and came up that your application is still not yet opened because processing center is working on December 15th applications today and you will receive AOR in approx. two weeks because your application delivered to us on 27th of December.

Now the time between Application Receiving and AOR is almost two months and few days.

Thanks
Generic resposnse

Reactions: optimistic6

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Urgent

Friends,
I am going through two situations and I want to apply for urgent process. Could you please help here
1- My Mom is sick and I need to travel
2- I have very good job opportunity in US and I Can only secure that through TN status

Can anyone write a brief draft with impressive wording ? As I am not sure what to write and how to write?. I shall be very thankful to you guys.

maxikana

Oct 21, 2015
Hi,
My ID is PERERA (maxikana - Row 188)
Please update my details as follows:
1. Application Sent: Oct' 14
2. Delivered: Oct'19
3. AOR: Nov' 28
4. In Process: Jan' 7
5. Test invite: Jan' 22
6. Test date: Feb' 15 (Hamilton)
7. Decision made: Feb' 16

Many thanks

Reactions: rashcanada

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Finally...
Please update. Thank you so much

4. We sent you a notice on February 15, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 12, 2018 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.