+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
The one thing that I don't like here in Canada are the proffesional complainers.

I ran into them everywhere - at the grocery, arguing with the cashier, demanding some sold out item from the flyer, causing delays for others. At the airport arguing with the ground crew about delayed flight, demanding compensation. At the restaurants complaining about the slow service or food being served, again making noise, and discomfort for others.

They all have in common the feeling of terrible injustice happening to them, and feeling that other people are served faster and better.

And finally we inevitably have such people at this forum. Seeing that someone else was served faster is perceived not as a mere probability thing, but as something between the catastrophe and the injustice.

So instead of keeping calm, follow, and understand the numbers from the spreadsheet, and simply wait, some would engage call agents, social media, members of parliament, minister etc.

Where in fact the problem is with them, with their personality and attitude, not with the IRCC which received eight times normal monthly intake, and IMHO is doing a great job.
You can move to Quebec! People don't normally complain here (unless it's for language, independence, taxes or roadworks) and behave as if time is not a scarce resource and we are going to live forever so we have all the time in the world to wait. :D:D:D

Happy Holidays!

Reactions: anasja2000

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
Is it okay if on my citizenship application and the physical presence calculator, I sign with my full name instead of a signature? I do not know if it makes sense but I spoke to a CIC agent yesterday and she told me that I could not put my full name as a signature. Thank you for any input
IRCC have told you not to do it and your coming to the forum for someone to tell you that you can do it?

sam001

Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi Guys,
For 9C, should I select NO for my wife's case as she entered Canada in February 2013 and her eligibility starts from December 2012? Apparently, she lived outside of Canada those two months but the form cit0177 has nothing to do with that.

TIA
Anyone?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
No one knows what's the correct thing to do here is. But, from what has been suggested on this forum and by Lawyers, is to check 'Yes' if you lived outside Canada during your eligibility period and fill 'N/A' on the crown servant form. I would say add a cover letter on top explaining the situation. This seems like the safest way.

Note, if you check 'Yes' to the question, you absolutely have to send the crown servant form, otherwise your application will be returned, even if you attach a letter explaining the situation.

Edit: alternative would be to check 'No' and attach a letter explaining the situation. IMO, this question is intended towards people who lived outside Canada and want to claim that time towards their physical presence. IRCC seems to have messed it up by wording it ambiguously.

Last edited:

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The one thing that I don't like here in Canada are the proffesional complainers.

I ran into them everywhere - at the grocery, arguing with the cashier, demanding some sold out item from the flyer, causing delays for others. At the airport arguing with the ground crew about delayed flight, demanding compensation. At the restaurants complaining about the slow service or food being served, again making noise, and discomfort for others.

They all have in common the feeling of terrible injustice happening to them, and feeling that other people are served faster and better.

And finally we inevitably have such people at this forum. Seeing that someone else was served faster is perceived not as a mere probability thing, but as something between the catastrophe and the injustice.

So instead of keeping calm, follow, and understand the numbers from the spreadsheet, and simply wait, some would engage call agents, social media, members of parliament, minister etc.

Where in fact the problem is with them, with their personality and attitude, not with the IRCC which received eight times normal monthly intake, and IMHO is doing a great job.
There is all that and at time it is annoying indeed. However, all those complainers also the ones who drive positive change in the business and government services for all of us in the end. Do you think airliners would think to properly compensate people for delayed or cancelled flight or for de-boarding already seated passengers like in the infamous United case if people would not complain?
So its better not to judge and let people do what they feel right, after all things do look different from different perspectives.

I

Imam Gomaa

Do not take it another way around.
People's concern is to know where are their applications and what happened to them since CIC agents told them they are either returned or lost.
Again, put yourself in other people's shoes and you will see the picture different.
Thanks

Reactions: anasja2000
I

Imam Gomaa

IRCC have told you not to do it and your coming to the forum for someone to tell you that you can do it?
CIC call is closed on Saturday and Sunday, so how did you call them and they answered you?
Also, it says signature not print your name. Apparently, you can differentiate between both.
Nobody can tell you. Call them tomorrow till you get someone confirm either to wait or something else to do.
Good luck and again it depends on the officer adopting and who mostly abide by the rules.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC call is closed on Saturday and Sunday, so how did you call them and they answered you?
Also, it says signature not print your name. Apparently, you can differentiate between both.
Nobody can tell you. Call them tomorrow till you get someone confirm either to wait or something else to do.
Good luck and again it depends on the officer adopting and who mostly abide by the rules.
Just sign the form. Simple.

musicengg

Nov 14, 2017
Could anyone confirm if CIC does send the AOR physically in the mail? It does not matter since I did get the email but I am curious if there are some issues with mailing to the address I provided. So I am just asking others to see if that's the case?

I also have the same question as 'Stella Artois' above, does CIC also email the test invite as well? and what about test options? I travel a lot internationally for business trips and can never figure out my schedule until the last minute. Although something like the Citizenship test and Oath I will prioritize that.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

How do I get test invite via email or letter mail and if they provide any options on test dates ?
Typically, sent by letter (snail) mail. Very rarely by email. No, you do not get options on test dates. If you're not able to make it to a test for some urgent reason, you're required to contact IRCC along with supporting evidence why you can't make it, and they can re-schedule for you.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Could anyone confirm if CIC does send the AOR physically in the mail? It does not matter since I did get the email but I am curious if there are some issues with mailing to the address I provided. So I am just asking others to see if that's the case?

I also have the same question as 'Stella Artois' above, does CIC also email the test invite as well? and what about test options? I travel a lot internationally for business trips and can never figure out my schedule until the last minute. Although something like the Citizenship test and Oath I will prioritize that.
If you provided your email address on the application form, AOR will come ONLY via email, not snail mail. For test invite, please see my response above.

Reactions: musicengg

STELLA ARTOIS

Nov 9, 2017
Typically, sent by letter (snail) mail. Very rarely by email. No, you do not get options on test dates. If you're not able to make it to a test for some urgent reason, you're required to contact IRCC along with supporting evidence why you can't make it, and they can re-schedule for you.
Thanks Razer !! Does ecas status change to test invite ?