+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Just want to add that the CIC agent I spoke with said they wont take any action unless you haven’t received AOR by 12 weeks after delivery date
The agent I spoke with told me they would take action after 6 weeks!
Not sure what that "action" means. The agent just sent a message nova scotia office. Two weeks has passed since nothing happened!

Last edited:
Reactions: salimnw

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
The agentI spoke with told me they would take action after 6 weeks!
Not sure what that "action" means. The agent just sent a message nova scotia office. Two weeks has passed since nothing happened!
She told me they would take action 6 weeks after the initial 6 week wait. So that’s 12 weeks total. Frustrating I know... but it will come!! Hang in there!

Reactions: salimnw and Najimi

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
I am waiting for 7.5 weeks now and will wait for 2 more weeks until Christmas to see if I receive the AOR or not. After that I will send a complaint to local MP and also send a case specific inquiry form. With Christmas rt at the door knocking I m no more hopeful that all Oct applicants will receive their AOR successfully though I wish really good news for all of us as Christmas Gift!
May Lord help us. Amen.
Guys,
I just called the CIC call center and the agent confirmed that they are working on applications received on Nov. 1st and nothing left from October.
For those who kept telling us to be patient and keep/sit calm, what should we do now? I already sent two application and they were consecutively received on Oct. 19th and 23rd, yet neither AOR nor application. She confirmed also that there is nothing to do now, as they might be lost on their way back to you as the officer usually do not put a notice on the files returned.
I am going to send the third one and email the minister.
Thanks for those who were impolite to us and did not consider our fears and worries.
Please inform your local MP immediately and also inform CIC through their complain form. I would advise that if you would like to Email the Minister wait till you hear back from the local MP. If nothing works at that point then please do further correspondence with the Minister himself.

You do realize that they have been saying that for the past 2 weeks, right ? 2 weeks ago, they said all Oct 13th-19th applications have been processed and also advised people to re-apply saying their applications were probably lost. And here we are 2 weeks later, Oct 12th and 13th applicants are still getting AOR.

Bottom line: call center agents are morons who have no idea what's going on at CPC-Sydney. Please do not call them till you get AOR. Ofcourse some agents have moved on to processing Nov 1st and onwards applications, but there are others working on clearing the backlog. Proof is this forum. Search for posts from 2 weeks ago and you'll know.

Ultimately, it's your call, but by sending a 3rd application you will simply be wasting your own time and money, and indirectly affecting everyone else.

Edit: here's more proof that those agents are clueless. @globalstar66, an Oct 13th applicant received AOR just today.
We need to make a formal complaint to IRCC about the irresponsible and misinterpretations of information by their own CIC phone agents! Therz no way to communicate with them by email at first only by phone that also after 1 hr or 2 hrs of long wait and trying for them!
How irresponsible and insane behaviour! They are highly accountable for spreading this utter sad panic among all to apply again saying app is lost! Our local MP must be informed too of this outrageously bad services with money!

Last edited:

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Hello everyone
Is it okay if on my citizenship application and the physical presence calculator, I sign with my full name instead of a signature? I do not know if it makes sense but I spoke to a CIC agent yesterday and she told me that I could not put my full name as a signature. Thank you for any input
As long as you have your name it should be fine. Full name or not that is immaterial.

Reactions: cynti

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hi Guys,
For 9C, should I select NO for my wife's case as she entered Canada in February 2013 and her eligibility starts from December 2012? Apparently, she lived outside of Canada those two months but the form cit0177 has nothing to do with that.

TIA

Last edited:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I am waiting for 7.5 weeks now and will wait for 2 more weeks until Christmas to see if I receive the AOR or not. After that I will send a complaint to local MP and also send a case specific inquiry form. With Christmas rt at the door knocking I m no more hopeful that all Oct applicants will receive their AOR successfully though I wish really good news for all of us as Christmas Gift!
May Lord help us. Amen.

Please inform your local MP immediately and also inform CIC through their complain form. I would advise that if you would like to Email the Minister wait till you hear back from the local MP. If nothing works at that point then please do further correspondence with the Minister himself.

We need to make a formal complaint to IRCC about the irresponsible and misinterpretations of information by their own CIC phone agents! Therz no way to communicate with them by email at first only by phone that also after 1 hr or 2 hrs of long wait and trying for them!
How irresponsible and insane behaviour! They are highly accountable for spreading this utter sad panic among all to apply again saying app is lost! Our local MP must be informed too of this outrageously bad services with money!
Don't forget to involve the United Nations, International Court of Human Rights, Amnesty International, and Oprah.

I

Imam Gomaa

Don't forget to involve the United Nations, International Court of Human Rights, Amnesty International, and Oprah.
Would you please consider other people's concern since you are sitting enjoying peace of mind waiting for your test invitation?
Some people here do not care about other's situations since they already received their AORs and they will take the oath soon.
We have to know what happened to our applications since there was no problem with them. This is our right since 99% of Oct. applications are done.The second one I sent was because an agent who told me to do so.
Now, it is almost 8.5 weeks and no update, however people applied on Nov. 6th got their AOR, and some early Oct. got their test invitations.
Something wrong, with our applications, is going here.
Again, if you do not like my words, do not comment on it here.

Last edited by a moderator:

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Would you please consider other people's concern since you are sitting enjoying peace of mind waiting for your test invitation?
Some people here do not care about other's situations since they already received their AORs and they will take the oath soon.
FYI, some of us are still waiting patiently, if you know what that means!
We have to know what happened to our applications since there was no problem with them. This is our right since 99% of Oct. applications are done.The second one I sent was because a moron agent who did not know what to say. You want people to be nice to you, yet you call someone a moron? It's amazing how you were looking for help from a moron in the first place? And no, you sent a 2nd application because you were impatient. Learn to take responsibility for your own actions!
Now, it is almost 8.5 weeks and no update, however people applied on Nov. 6th got their AOR, and some early Oct. got their test invitations.
Something wrong, with our applications, is going here.

Reactions: salimnw

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Maybe taking your own advice wouldn't elicit others to respond to you.

We have to know what happened to our applications since there was no problem with them. This is our right since 99% of Oct. applications are done.
How could you possibly know that 99% of October applications are done? The data shown in the spreadsheets is dependent on people actually reporting back. Also, without any context as to why some applications are done faster, one can only speculate. Maybe they are applications that requested urgent processing? Don't know.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. The data here is a double-edged sword. It's a great resource, but unfortunately some people take it as gospel and start wondering why they aren't having the same result.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Thank you! And as long as unempathetic and inconsiderate human faced creatures like you all exist so will organizations like these will to create platform for us to voice to! Great KUDOS to you all for being such impolite, rude and mocking selfish beings! You guys make CANADA proud as a diverse nation! CONGRATS FOR BEING CANADIANS SOONER THAN US!

Last edited:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
The one thing that I don't like here in Canada are the proffesional complainers.

I ran into them everywhere - at the grocery, arguing with the cashier, demanding some sold out item from the flyer, causing delays for others. At the airport arguing with the ground crew about delayed flight, demanding compensation. At the restaurants complaining about the slow service or food being served, again making noise, and discomfort for others.

They all have in common the feeling of terrible injustice happening to them, and feeling that other people are served faster and better.

And finally we inevitably have such people at this forum. Seeing that someone else was served faster is perceived not as a mere probability thing, but as something between the catastrophe and the injustice.

So instead of keeping calm, follow, and understand the numbers from the spreadsheet, and simply wait, some would engage call agents, social media, members of parliament, minister etc.

Where in fact the problem is with them, with their personality and attitude, not with the IRCC which received eight times normal monthly intake, and IMHO is doing a great job.

Last edited: