+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Your applications are in their office, sending a third application would be counter-productive. They might flag you and that might cause you a lot of extra processing time. My advice is to wait, if you’re losing it, then call your MP maybe they can help but that will just help you make sure Sydney has your package. Unfortunately it’s a matter of luck, some people will have their citizenship in 4 months, others will have it in 12

cynti

May 20, 2012
Hello everyone
Is it okay if on my citizenship application and the physical presence calculator, I sign with my full name instead of a signature? I do not know if it makes sense but I spoke to a CIC agent yesterday and she told me that I could not put my full name as a signature. Thank you for any input

Sunapr

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 14,2012
AOR Received.
Sep 5,2012
Med's Request
Jan 3,2013
Med's Done....
Jan 21,2013
Passport Req..
March 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 10,2013
LANDED..........
May 10,2013
Hello everyone
Is it okay if on my citizenship application and the physical presence calculator, I sign with my full name instead of a signature? I do not know if it makes sense but I spoke to a CIC agent yesterday and she told me that I could not put my full name as a signature. Thank you for any input
I have signed everything with my full name as I don't have a signature. It's ok. I've got PR. And with my citizenship application, I got AOR.

Reactions: cynti and salimnw
I

Imam Gomaa

Your applications are in their office, sending a third application would be counter-productive. They might flag you and that might cause you a lot of extra processing time. My advice is to wait, if you’re losing it, then call your MP maybe they can help but that will just help you make sure Sydney has your package. Unfortunately it’s a matter of luck, some people will have their citizenship in 4 months, others will have it in 12
Should I contact the MP after Mid-January or after they start processing December applications?

Reactions: salimnw

com2canada

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013; Submitted on 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
25-02-2011
File Transfer...
To CPP-Ottawa 07-07-2012
Med's Request
+ RPRF Request, 10-07-2013
Med's Done....
11-08-2013; sent via eMed 22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-10-2013, Decision Made. Passport sent 10-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2013. Passport received 25-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-11-2013
Should I contact the MP after Mid-January or after they start processing December applications?
No. Just go to your local Passport office and demand for a Canadian Passport! That way, you will be ahead of everyone else. You come off as rude and careless - spamming all threads with the same posts for days now - and you were politely asked to stop. And here you are complaining about people not being nice.

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
No benefit of contacting MP. They get same response. My MP send me the email that IRCC send to him, it says that I have to wait for three months, after that IRCC can look for my application based on MP request. But if you do not get AOR after two or three months then contacting MP may be useful.

Reactions: anasja2000
I

Imam Gomaa

No benefit of contacting MP. They get same response. My MP send me the email that IRCC send to him, it says that I have to wait for three months, after that IRCC can look for my application based on MP request. But if you do not get AOR after two or three months then contacting MP may be useful.
Did you get your AOR?

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I did not mean to email the Minister because I did not get AOR in 7 weeks; you got it wrong. I was thinking of informing the Minister to follow with the IRCC so that their officers process files as they are received like: FIFO and not random file processing as they choose. Please use proper words and look at your verbiage while using words like: 'next level of lunancy' (should be lunacy btw)
I beleive, what I mentioned has all levels of sanity in it.
That is good idea

I

Imam Gomaa

salimnw said: ↑
I did not mean to email the Minister because I did not get AOR in 7 weeks; you got it wrong. I was thinking of informing the Minister to follow with the IRCC so that their officers process files as they are received like: FIFO and not random file processing as they choose. Please use proper words and look at your verbiage while using words like: 'next level of lunacy' (should be lunacy btw)
I believe, what I mentioned has all levels of sanity in it.

That is what everyone, who did not receive AOR, wants to know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghgh2014

Sep 9, 2014
Hello All,

FYI we have applied for citizenship on Oct. 12 (Vancouver, after Bill C-6, family of 2) presence days: 1238. This is what CIC application status shows for both of us:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 30, 2017
So our application is not in progress yet?

Is this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=671336796 the correct spreadsheet to follow?

All the best to everyone