+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please update tracker for the following users who are from the October 16th batch:

@anchoo2kewl received AoR yesterday December 07

@Maisam85 received AoR on December 06

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

My wife finally got her AoR yesterday and it was dated on December 05, 2017. I noticed something weird in the PDF. Below the citizenship application number (upper right corner) there is a second bar code and a group number with alphanumeric characters like this:

Group No: # - XXXX#XX, where the # sign represents a number and the X represents a letter. I do not have a group number in my AoR, is there anyone in the same situation as my wife?

Thanks!

Reactions: razerblade

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK, I figured it out, according to eCAS:

Citizenship File Number/Group Number

You will find this number on all correspondence (except for the initial acknowledgement letter) mailed to you by the Case Processing Centre in Sydney or by the local Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your application. This number is all digits. (Example: 0000000).

The weird thing is that eCAS says the group number is not mailed with the AoR but my wife did receive the group number in her AoR letter. Maybe the application is already in the local office?

Just an FYI: I was able to check my wife's application status with the so called "Group Number"

Hi Folks,

My wife finally got her AoR yesterday and it was dated on December 05, 2017. I noticed something weird in the PDF. Below the citizenship application number (upper right corner) there is a second bar code and a group number with alphanumeric characters like this:

Group No: # - XXXX#XX, where the # sign represents a number and the X represents a letter. I do not have a group number in my AoR, is there anyone in the same situation as my wife?

Thanks!

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
They told me my application is lost in the mail, this is outrageous!
They received my application on Ct 16, I kept calling since then until yesterday and when they replied they said they have no trace of my app in their system? I told what does it mean, they replied it means it has been rejected and sent back to you. I told them, where is it now, they told me, it's lost in the mail. I replied what are the grounds of the rejections, they said we have no idea, we don't update our system in case an app is rejected. Is it not stupid ain't it?
They should do better than this. at least send me an email telling me that my app is rejected. now I don't know what to do?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
They told me my application is lost in the mail, this is outrageous!
They received my application on Ct 16, I kept calling since then until yesterday and when they replied they said they have no trace of my app in their system? I told what does it mean, they replied it means it has been rejected and sent back to you. I told them, where is it now, they told me, it's lost in the mail. I replied what are the grounds of the rejections, they said we have no idea, we don't update our system in case an app is rejected. Is it not stupid ain't it?
They should do better than this. at least send me an email telling me that my app is rejected. now I don't know what to do?
October 16th applicants are getting AOR daily, even now. It's in your best interest to wait till end of this month atleast, before taking any action.

As has been mentioned numerous times, IRCC call center agents are not well trained and provide misleading information. I would not trust them one bit. Your application not being in the system could just mean that they haven't opened it yet, not that it's lost. Please keep monitoring the spreadsheet, there are still Oct 16th applicants waiting for AOR.

These same agents advised others on this forum that their application is lost, however they ended up receiving AOR a few days later.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
October 16th applicants are getting AOR daily, even now. It's in your best interest to wait till end of this month atleast, before taking any action.

As has been mentioned numerous times, IRCC call center agents are not well trained and provide misleading information. I would not trust them one bit. Your application not being in the system could just mean that they haven't opened it yet, not that it's lost. Please keep monitoring the spreadsheet, there are still Oct 16th applicants waiting for AOR.

These same agents advised others on this forum that their application is lost, however they ended up receiving AOR a few days later.
I am sorry , but i don't understand this sheet.. what's the point of monitoring it? appreciate your clarification.
Thanks

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Please, update, I got my AOR today!

I hope, everyone who is still waiting will get it very soon too. The fact I got it after 2 months of waiting is telling that CIC just way too behind their schedule, but we are not forgotten and our files are not lost!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am sorry , but i don't understand this sheet.. what's the point of monitoring it? appreciate your clarification.
Thanks
The point is to know whether there are other applicants with a similar timeline like yours, who are also waiting or are in the same stage as you. As long as you're not the only one, it gives people hope. If you look at the October tab, there are still a few Oct 16th applicants who haven't received AOR.

Look at the post right before mine, @Varangian is also a Oct 16th applicant, and only got AOR today.

Reactions: Varangian

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

I hope, everyone who is still waiting will get it very soon too. The fact I got it after 2 months of waiting is telling that CIC just way too behind their schedule, but we are not forgotten and our files are not lost!
Congrats! Updated.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017

When did you send it?

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
The point is to know whether there are other applicants with a similar timeline like yours, who are also waiting or are in the same stage as you. As long as you're not the only one, it gives people hope. If you look at the October tab, there are still a few Oct 16th applicants who haven't received AOR.

Look at the post right before mine, @Varangian is also a Oct 16th applicant, and only got AOR today.
Thanks for clarification. I will keep an eye on it.
appreciate it