+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Nikhil shah

May 4, 2016
So my spouse never got an AoR however eCAS says it was sent on November 23, 2017 together with mine. Today my spouse's eCAS shows a 3rd line saying the same: We sent you correspondence and the book on December 06, 2017, but again my spouse never got an AoR yesterday. Does this mean an AoR is coming via regular mail?

Anyways I hope Sydney has already forwarded our package to a local office and this is just an automatic system to make sure all applicants receive their AoRs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
check spam or junk box it should be there. I had same years back for my work permit application. It was laying in my junk box for 2 months and suddenly got call from local immigration office saying why haven't i gone through my medical. i have to inform i never got any email. ultimately it was in junk folder.

Good luck.

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check spam or junk box it should be there. I had same years back for my work permit application. It was laying in my junk box for 2 months and suddenly got call from local immigration office saying why haven't i gone through my medical. i have to inform i never got any email. ultimately it was in junk folder.

Good luck.
Nothing in the junk folder :(

Skander80

Nov 10, 2017
Hello! Can somebody tell me how it looks the AOR in the email?
It's written “AOR” in the subject? The sender is something like “cic.gc.ca”?
I just wanna be sure that i don't delete it by mistake thinking that it's junk.
Please, let me know.
Thank you, guys!

This is my situation up to date:
App sent: 26th October
App received: 30th October
City: Montréal
Phisical Presence: +1500 days
AOR: not received yet

Kenny232

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hello! Can somebody tell me how it looks the AOR in the email?
It's written “AOR” in the subject? The sender is something like “cic.gc.ca”?
I just wanna be sure that i don't delete it by mistake thinking that it's junk.
Please, let me know.
Thank you, guys!

This is my situation up to date:
App sent: 26th October
App received: 30th October
City: Montréal
Phisical Presence: +1500 days
AOR: not received yet
A lot of people who have their applications delivered before October 30th are still waiting for AOR, including me delivered Oct 20th ....
Probably our applications are sitting with a very slow/lazy officer that does 1 AOR a day ...
Very frustrating but what can we do ....

Skander80

Nov 10, 2017
A lot of people who have their applications delivered before October 30th are still waiting for AOR, including me delivered Oct 20th ....
Probably our applications are sitting with a very slow/lazy officer that does 1 AOR a day ...
Yes, probably you are right. But out of curiosity: how does it look the AOR email? Somebody who got it, can explain to me? Thanks.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Yes, probably you are right. But out of curiosity: how does it look the AOR email? Somebody who got it, can explain to me? Thanks.
I can tell you... for a small fee :)

Email header: "Do Not Reply - Ne Pa Repondre..."
Subject line: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about C000...... etc.
Email body: UCI 12345678
Application No: C000.....

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document

The document is PDF

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

Dear...

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for...

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
So my spouse never got an AoR however eCAS says it was sent on November 23, 2017 together with mine. Today my spouse's eCAS shows a 3rd line saying the same: We sent you correspondence and the book on December 06, 2017, but again my spouse never got an AoR yesterday. Does this mean an AoR is coming via regular mail?

Anyways I hope Sydney has already forwarded our package to a local office and this is just an automatic system to make sure all applicants receive their AoRs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Did you provide an email on your spouse's application for sure?

Skander80

Nov 10, 2017
I can tell you... for a small fee :)

Email header: "Do Not Reply - Ne Pa Repondre..."
Subject line: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about C000...... etc.
Email body: UCI 12345678
Application No: C000.....

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document

The document is PDF

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

Dear...

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for...
WOW! Thank you. Now i can't go wrong! :)

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding fingerprint. I was asked for fingerprints during PR process. So is that means they will be asking that again this time?

Anyone know about someone who was asked for FP during PR but not during Citizenship.

Thanks

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Same here. I've been waiting even longer - since Oct 16. Nothing from them AT ALL. Getting really frustrated!
And my feeling tells me, that they are applying some other approach here, and that I'm not gonna get it directly in the nearest future. Very weird! Nov applicants started getting AOR already. Why not to treat everybody equally - "first come" basis at least at that initial AOR stage??

Last edited: