Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
There are people who sent their applications since 26 October with AOR and not yet ECAS for 2 weeks is that normal?

Last edited:

zeabbas

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
4th May, 2012
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
9th January, 2013
Med's Done....
11th January, 2013
Admin can you please update the sheet.
I received AOR on November 25 not on 26th

Also, No IP on ECAS yet.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I just spoke with another IRCC agent and asked how long should I wait for the AOR and the person said current processing time is 12 months but I asked him about AOR time but he was trying to avoid my particular question and was singing the same 12 months song. So frustrating!
Just curious how long people willing to wait for their AOR 2 months, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months? There should be some sort of timeline!

Marreco

Mar 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding fingerprint. I was asked for fingerprints during PR process. So is that means they will be asking that again this time?

Anyone know about someone who was asked for FP during PR but not during Citizenship.

Thanks
Hi,

They also asked for my fingerprints for PR. I thought they would not ask for it again but a friend of mine, who applied for citizenship 2 months before me (August), was asked to provide his fingerprints. He was also required to provide the FP for PR. 3 other friends also had to provide FP for citizenship, but they were not required to for PR. So, either they are asking more people to provide FP now or these guys are very unlucky.

It seems that they do not keep the FP record. Once they check you are ok for PR, they delete the record.

So, I believe that, if they asked mine for PR, they will ask again for citizenship.

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Yes I did.
Have you call CIC?,we called them when my husband didn't receive his Aor, they check all our information, his email address and home address, d they gave us his apps number, and the day after he received his aor by email

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you call CIC?,we called them when my husband didn't receive his Aor, they check all our information, his email address and home address, d they gave us his apps number, and the day after he received his aor by email
I sent a web form with the email address to correct, let's see what happens

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
I just spoke with another IRCC agent and asked how long should I wait for the AOR and the person said current processing time is 12 months but I asked him about AOR time but he was trying to avoid my particular question and was singing the same 12 months song. So frustrating!
Just curious how long people willing to wait for their AOR 2 months, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months? There should be some sort of timeline!
Agree with you! And seems like CIC agents don't know what to say in these situations and don't really have knowledge. Hence, they can't be helpful.
The other solution might be to contact your MP and tell them what's happening. I'll give it time till holidays and if nothing, will proceed this way.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
So just a general consensus question, of those people who were waiting for their AOR and were told by the CIC agents that their application could be lost and to re-apply, did anyone end up actually reapplying? Or even a better question, who on this thread actually was told that their application could be lost and then all of a sudden, it magically turned up?

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
So just a general consensus question, of those people who were waiting for their AOR and were told by the CIC agents that their application could be lost and to re-apply, did anyone end up actually reapplying? Or even a better question, who on this thread actually was told that their application could be lost and then all of a sudden, it magically turned up?
I'm an October 18 applicant and have not received an AOR yet. I have my moments of being impatient with it all, but my general feeling is that I'm just somewhere in the queue waiting for AOR sometime soon due to the influx of applications around the same time I applied - I see no reason at all for my application to be returned to me. I will wait and ride it out until the new year and go from there.

If I still don't have an AOR sometime in January and many November and December applicants have got an AOR, I will possibly consider re-sending my application, calling them, web form, etc. - maybe. I have heard cases where people never actually ever received an AOR, so I will just keep an eye on eCAS for changes and make that call later.

Last edited:

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hi,

They also asked for my fingerprints for PR. I thought they would not ask for it again but a friend of mine, who applied for citizenship 2 months before me (August), was asked to provide his fingerprints. He was also required to provide the FP for PR. 3 other friends also had to provide FP for citizenship, but they were not required to for PR. So, either they are asking more people to provide FP now or these guys are very unlucky.

It seems that they do not keep the FP record. Once they check you are ok for PR, they delete the record.

So, I believe that, if they asked mine for PR, they will ask again for citizenship.
Yaa it seems like they will ask them if they ever asked for it before during any other process of CIC.

Also they are asking for more and more FP from people these days.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
I'm afraid, agents can't really confirm either your file is lost or not. Meaning, you can't be sure base on phone chats with CIC.
People are thinking to reply as an option, but seems like at the moment all of us are just patiently waiting!

Reactions: robreeves

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
I'm an October 18 applicant and have not received an AOR yet. My feeling is that I'm just somewhere in the queue waiting for AOR sometime soon due to the influx of applications around the same time I applied - I see no reason at all for my application to be returned to me. I will wait and ride it out until the new year and go from there.

If I still don't have an AOR sometime in January and many November and December applicants have got an AOR, I will possibly consider re-sending my application - maybe. I have heard cases where people never actually received an AOR, so I will just keep an eye on eCAS for changes and make that call later.
I like this. It would be my approach as well.

Reactions: robreeves and natk

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I was a May applicant and I know there was a guy there who was scared that his application might be lost..He was very close to applying again when he didn't get his AOR even after 45 days (at that time on average everyone got their AOR in 30 days..nowadays it's more though). Anyway.. he ended up getting his AOR..quite late..but he was one of the ones whose application process went quite fast after AOR.

I would just say..wait out till Jan and see what happens..no point in rushing I guess..rest is all on you all :)

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
I can tell you... for a small fee :)

Email header: "Do Not Reply - Ne Pa Repondre..."
Subject line: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about C000...... etc.
Email body: UCI 12345678
Application No: C000.....

Please find information concerning your application for citizenship in the attached document

The document is PDF

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP

Dear...

This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for...

You were before me in the list .. I am hoping I get it next :)