Please update.
Application was sent on Oct 16
Application was delivered on Oct 19
Received AOR Nov 21.

Thanks

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Is there anyone whose application was delivered on Oct 12 or 13 still waiting for AOR?
Out of 591 applicants, 99 applications was delivered on October 12 and 13. Out of this
99 applicants so far 67 person got AOR and remaining 32 forgotten! Either these 32 has been
lost or on its way to returned! ( hopefully not! ) because I am one of the victim :( I don't see
any other logical explanation other than what i have said just now! Any comments ?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Out of 591 applicants, 99 applications was delivered on October 12 and 13. Out of this
99 applicants so far 67 person got AOR and remaining 32 forgotten! Either these 32 has been
lost or on its way to returned! ( hopefully not! ) because I am one of the victim :( I don't see
any other logical explanation other than what i have said just now! Any comments ?
You cannot completely trust the excel sheet here..not everyone posts their updates diligently. Many even forget about the forum here while their process is happening esp when they receive AORs or test invites. Just be patient please..it'll work out well for everyone :)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
One of the reason IRCC could expedite your application if your job requires to travel outside of Canada and required Canadian Passport then your employer must write a letter of explanation of why they can not keep you employed unless you are Canadian Citizen. ( meaning you will be fired if you do not have Canadian passport.) IRCC then evaluate and the make their justification. But it is very unlikely that any employer would ever issue a letter like that. This is just an example!
The employer would simply not promote you to position that requires international travel. They will simply promote someone else instead. The employer is not going to wait around for you to get citizenship. This is one of the reasons the employer list "job requires international travel" as part of job description. If you don't have citizenship to travel, you simply won't get the job or promoted (if already hired).

They wouldn't fire you because you can't travel outside Canada visa free. They will be liable to be sued for wrongful dismissal.

Last edited:
Reactions: canehh

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
The employer would simply not promote you to position that requires international travel. They wouldn't fire you. They will simply promote someone else instead. The employer is not going to wait around for you to get citizenship. This is one of the reasons the employer list "job requires international travel" as part of job description. If you don't have citizenship to travel, you simply won't get the job or promoted (if already hired).
It's not impossible to travel outside Canada if you are not Canadian. It may be more complicated, depending on the citizenship of the subject, you may have to get some visas, but it's not impossible. I know quite a few people with "complicated" passports who have jobs requiring extensive international travel, but that's not really an insurmountable issue.
If an employee were passed on for a promotion because of their passport, I believe there would be a case for discrimination.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
I'm in the 32%..
I'm still waiting. Application sent Oct 13, received Oct 16. No AOR yet. Getting really upset (read pissed off) ;-(
The sheet says, currently 43% got AOR!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
It's not impossible to travel outside Canada if you are not Canadian. It may be more complicated, depending on the citizenship of the subject, you may have to get some visas, but it's not impossible. I know quite a few people with "complicated" passports who have jobs requiring extensive international travel, but that's not really an insurmountable issue.
If an employee were passed on for a promotion because of their passport, I believe there would be a case for discrimination.
It may be a case of discrimination, but it won't fly in court. So a company can lose an international contract business because of one employee cannot leave outside Canada and negotiate the deal? More and more meetings are now done through video messaging (Business Skype) without having to leave the country. Now that said, to complain that you got passed over because of passport becomes less and less convincing, when employers can use other justifications like "more qualifications", "more seniority", etc, than the complainant.

This is no difference from promoting someone who is bilingual over someone who is not. Speaking a second language is more an asset (perk) for company. Holding Canadian passport is more an asset than a requirement.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Being bilingual (French/English) in Canada in many instances is not simply an asset but a requirement to get some jobs. Especially in gvt or crown corps.
This is no difference from promoting someone who is bilingual over someone who is not. Speaking a second language is more an asset (perk) for company.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Well f me sideways, just got AOR 10 min ago.

App delivered Oct 13
Canada Post Xpresspost to PO box
Didn't explicitly check No to non-applicable boxes
Did everything else right, I think

@robw, @pepe84, @_MK_ @gommi @natk @faycal09 @glob @MasterGeek @CanadianC @natk any luck on your end guys ?
Congrats, happy to see they didn't use our folders just to level a leg their desk, still no sign of AOR, I've been trying to call IRCC for 2 days and I can't even manage to get in the queue, the system just keeps hanging up :(

Reactions: razerblade