+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Aug 15, 2016
This might be pretty obvious but just to confirm
Are we required to send police certificate from Canada with the application or if only when requested from CIC?

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Are we required to send police certificate from Canada with the application or if only when requested from CIC?
We are NOT required to send a police clearance certificate from Canada!

Reactions: ibry

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
35+ days after application, no AOR, no news from CIC. How many of us experience a similar problem?
The way they process applications is really weird to me...
Same here.

No need to send PCC from Canada. They do RCMP checks themselves.

Reactions: Varangian

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
I'm no expert, but from the instructions and the information available on the CIC site and here in this forum it seems to be clear that the "eligibility period" is the period valid for obtaining the days of presence in Canada needed to qualify for citizenship. In other words, anything outside the eligibility period does not count for the purpose of obtaining enough days of presence in Canada to qualify for citizenship.

Once the period of eligibility is established (and that is the 5 years immediately preceding the application date), the applicant needs to provide information about how many days DURING THAT PERIOD they were present in Canada, and the status during these days of presence, so that a calculation can be performed to see if the 1095 days threshold has been reached.

I hope I have been clear.

Thank you Uncomfortable for your reply. Somehow, I am agree with you that Eligibility period should be the period for obtaining days of presence in Canada BUT here is the thing. If you look at the Physical Presence Calculator results, it counts all the 5 years as Eligibility period while actually time period is 3 years towards citizenship. As I spent exactly 3 years and now I am going to apply for Citizenship. I have nothing to do with 5 years. So why my eligibility is 5 years ?? That is very confusing. I do not know why these types of Bugs are there in application. There are confusing questions too .

For example
Q.9(c). should be like " During your eligibility period, Did you live outside of Canada as a Crown prince?

I came here in 2013, my Physical Presence Calculator is saying my Eligibility Period is from 2012 which does not make any sense to me.

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got one question, I hope you could help me.
I am from Calgary and I received my AOR on 9th of Nov, but my application is not in process yet.
I believe I am eligible to apply for Urgent Process, but I don't know how!
do you guys know how should I proceed with the same?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone,

I got one question, I hope you could help me.
I am from Calgary and I received my AOR on 9th of Nov, but my application is not in process yet.
I believe I am eligible to apply for Urgent Process, but I don't know how!
do you guys know how should I proceed with the same?
You would have to call CIC office and ask them to change your application to urgent, provided that it meets the "urgent" requirements / reasoning listed below.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

needing Canadian citizenship to:
  • apply for a job
  • avoid losing your job
  • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp

If you have already sent your application and now need urgent processing:
Contact us to speak to an agent about your application. The agent will:

• tell you if we can process your application urgently
  • explain what you will need to do
You must be in Canada to contact the Call Centre.

Tuarus

May 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-07-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
16-04-2014
I'm compiling the application for citizenship. Could you please clarify if we need to send all stamped pages of passport copy or just the biographical pages?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I'm compiling the application for citizenship. Could you please clarify if we need to send all stamped pages of passport copy or just the biographical pages?
They ask for only the biographical pages but from my personal experience, I would recommend sending coloured copies of all the pages in your passport, esp if you have traveled a lot. Rest is on you..

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
You would have to call CIC office and ask them to change your application to urgent, provided that it meets the "urgent" requirements / reasoning listed below.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• apply for a job
  • avoid losing your job
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

Thanks for the info, it was helpful. I was trying to call 1-888-242-2100 several times, but after listening to the options, it tells "we are sorry, all the lines are busy".. so the call doesn't go through. do you know what is the best time to call?, and are there different phone numbers I could try?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Thank you Uncomfortable for your reply. Somehow, I am agree with you that Eligibility period should be the period for obtaining days of presence in Canada BUT here is the thing. If you look at the Physical Presence Calculator results, it counts all the 5 years as Eligibility period while actually time period is 3 years towards citizenship. As I spent exactly 3 years and now I am going to apply for Citizenship. I have nothing to do with 5 years. So why my eligibility is 5 years ?? That is very confusing. I do not know why these types of Bugs are there in application. There are confusing questions too .

For example
Q.9(c). should be like " During your eligibility period, Did you live outside of Canada as a Crown prince?

I came here in 2013, my Physical Presence Calculator is saying my Eligibility Period is from 2012 which does not make any sense to me.
From my understanding, the 'eligibility period' is 5 years from date of application, while you only need days equivalent of 3 years in Canada to be allowed to apply. For people who complete those 3 years in breaks (example- 365 days in 2012 and the rest of the time in 2016 & 2017) they should still be able to apply for citizenship. So even if you were not in Canada in 2012, you must include it in your application- I believe you might even have to get PCC done coz of that year from the country you were in before Canada.

And you only have to fill the Residence outside Canada form if you meet the requirements they mentioned in their guidelines, otherwise you do not need to do the form. You still must provide your residential and employment during that time.

Last edited:

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017

• apply for a job
  • avoid losing your job

Seriously, . applying for a job?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Hello, Please include my application details in the spreadsheet. Thank you.
username: Paris971
Physical presence days: 1352
Application type: only me
Application sent: Oct 14, 2017
Application delivered: Oct 23, 2017
AOR: Nov 20, 2017
Congrats!
Why did take so long to be delivered? Did you use regular mail?