October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Hello Guys,
I just want to update all of you regarding my Application. I received my AOR today November 17, 2017. If someone can update in spreadsheets. Thanks a lot in advance and I hope you guys receive your AOR soon. It was a good news to end the week. Have a good weekend

Reactions: qjzhou

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
now October 18th applicants have started receiving AOR, while Oct 12/13 still wait. IRCC may very well be the worst and most unfair government run org. Sad!
This complaining is getting out of hand... we all went through the PR process and know how slow it can get and shouldn’t really be surprised ... it may seem unfair that someone submitted later already got AOR while some people who submitted earlier are still waiting - but there are no absolute fairness here or anywhere in the world, overall it’s still mostly 12-16 people getting AOR - while a few lucky ones from later days got it too they are not the majority and would not really prove any unfairness going on. In addition to the pace/effectiveness of each individual worker at CIC, there is also the situation when someone in your pile has really messy package of documents that would take more time to sort, such as those included all passport pages, utility bills, and all other things not asked for, therefore delaying the sorting of everybody else in your pile....

And such things will continue in various forms, now it’s “someone got AOR and i am still waiting but my file was delivered earlier”, soon we will see “someone got IP already but his AOR was later than mine “, and there’s really nothing we can do about

Last edited:
Reactions: RanRan and avigtr

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
This complaining is getting out of hand... we all went through the PR process and know how slow it can get and shouldn’t really be surprised ... it may seem unfair that someone submitted later already got AOR while some people who submitted earlier are still waiting - but there are no absolute fairness here or anywhere in the world, overall it’s still mostly 12-16 people getting AOR - while a few lucky ones from later days got it too they are not the majority and would not really prove any unfairness going on. In addition to the pace/effectiveness of each individual worker at CIC, there is also the situation when someone in your pile has really messy package of documents that would take more time to sort, such as those included all passport pages, utility bills, and all other things not asked for, therefore delaying the sorting of everybody else in your pile....

And such things will continue in various forms, now it’s “someone got AOR and i am still waiting but my file was delivered earlier”, soon we will see “someone got IP already but his AOR was later than mine “, and there’s really nothing we can do about
Yes, and there are lots of post like yours as well. What's your point ? It's an open forum, anyone can type whatever they want. TBH, most people who are asking others to be patient seem to be the ones who already got their AOR. If you don't like a post, move on. No need to comment.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Yes, and there are lots of post like yours as well. What's your point ? It's an open forum, anyone can type whatever they want. TBH, most people who are asking others to be patient seem to be the ones who already got their AOR. If you don't like a post, move on. No need to comment.
LOL...didn't you just did the same thing? "if you don't like a post, move on. No need to comment"

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
I downloaded the forms on 11 october but filled it a few days back.Since then I think the form was updated on the cic website but I didn't know so I sent the 11 oct. forms yesterday. Do you think that could cause problems?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
My point is there is no aritificial “unfairness” here , and no matter how we complain things are not going to change because the system won’t magically just become a lot more efficient. Yes I got my AOR but it doesn’t really matter, the historical data shows the average of AOR is 4-6 weeks and relatively stable , the main stage would be IP when things are done in different offices at different pace, and I can get AOR in a week but take months to get IP - many people whose AOR were later than mine already got IP but I still got nothing , so unfair !!!!! Lol - but I am ok with it , there have been so many times when I pick a checkout line at grocery store that I think look shorter and should move faster, but find myself in the slowest line in the entire store later

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
My point is there is no aritifial “unfairness” here , and no matter how we complain things are not going to change because the system won’t magically just become a lot more efficient. Yes I got my AOR but it doesn’t really matter, the historical data shows the average of AOR is 4-6 weeks and relatively stable , the main stage would be IP when things are done in different offices at different pace, and I can get AOR in a week but take months to get IP - many people whose AOR were later than mine already got IP but I still got nothing , so unfair !!!!! Lol - but I am ok with it , there have been so many times when I pick a checkout line at grocery store that I think look shorter and should move faster, but find myself in the slowest line in the entire store later
I could care less about "In Process". Only thing that matters is the AOR, so I know my application reached and won't be returned for any silly reason. My friend's application was lost last year despite being signed for and he found out 3 months later because he never got AOR. He had to apply again. Obviously, IRCC didn't take the blame, they just played dumb.

Reactions: N_Shine

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I could care less about "In Process". Only thing that matters is the AOR, so I know my application reached and won't be returned for any silly reason. My friend's application was lost last year despite being signed for and he found out 3 months later because he never got AOR. He had to apply again. Obviously, IRCC didn't take the blame, they just played dumb.
That’s how they work... and that’s why I don’t hold high expectations - when I applied for PR there was a document I had to send twice (first time was sent with the entire application but they told me it was missing )

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Same thing happened to my friend, too.

Cristor200

Oct 28, 2017
Please could you correct dates of application and update my sheet, thanks
ID ; cristorwinx
Location ; Montreal
Presence Days ; 1711
Application type: Family (2)
Application sent: Oct 14, 2017
Application Received: Oct 18, 2017
AOR ; Nov 17, 2017

Reactions: qjzhou