+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Ugh. Website seemed to be working so I tried to pay my fees. It took the payment but gave me an error before I got a receipt. But the charge shows up in my bank account.

Anyone know what to do???
Wait a few min to see if you receive email then check your credit card to see if you have charged, if not try again to pay

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Have you had any immigration or citizenship status In any other country other than Canada, including your country of birth?? wat does this mean guys???

SHAHRAMZM

Sep 7, 2017
@SHAHRAMZM I think they are just referring to technical issues that they had; not the content of their applications.
So the discrepancy is still there, according to checklist, we have to send the BIO pages, according to guideline, we have to send all passport !copy!( which implies that for travelers outside Canada with non-English stamp, they need the translation of stamps too)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Are you a permanent resident or a citizen of any other country, you have to list your citizenship from your country of birth

rdecartus

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Do we need to fill out CIT0177E-2 form? As per question 9c during eligibility period if one has lived outside of canada, then he needs to fill it. When I open the form, the title is Residence outside of canada as a crown servant or with a crown servant family member. Since eligibility period starts 5 years before today (2012) and I came to canada as a PR in 2013, do I need to fill it?
Anyone?

SHAHRAMZM

Sep 7, 2017
So the discrepancy is still there, according to checklist, we have to send the BIO pages, according to guideline, we have to send all passport !copy!( which implies that for travelers outside Canada with non-English stamp, they need the translation of stamps too)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
They are asking for of a photocopy of all your passports, not a photocopy of all your passport, you need to include the bio page of each one of your passports you used in the last 5 years

Reactions: SHAHRAMZM

SHAHRAMZM

Sep 7, 2017
They are asking for of a photocopy of all your passports, not a photocopy of all your passport, you need to include the bio page of each one of your passports you used in the last 5 years
Thanks Redfield ....and I agree with your interpretation, But NOWHERE in the new version of guideline is referring .to .BIOPAGES .... it simply says passportS, in the older version4/6 the word BIOPAGES was clearly stated, in 3/5 version the word BIIPAGES is deleted, are you still positive?

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
MK. During my stay in UAE, I visited Canada for 6 days ( conference) stayed in hotel. Will I include this in the addresses? Will I claim these 6 days towards my residency. ( it was within the 5 years)
If you need to count these days towards physical presence then yes. If you are already many days over, then I wouldnt bother.

wwe

Apr 22, 2011
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE
Med's Request
12 JULY
Med's Done....
13 JULY
Interview........
28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
yup now just to fill in 10a.. i need to dig out hotel address and stuff..
I prefer the 4/6 forms lol
Pleople here sugessted only to use address if I reside outside for a job, or school.
Not vacations or home visits.

darshak

Jan 17, 2012
This is because not everyone has citizenship of their country of birth
HI everyone , gud luck who all are going to apply for citizenship under new C6 rules. I am applying for my spouse and i checked new checklist it surprise that we dont have to send landing paper or pr card copy ot tax return copy. when i did in 2015 i send them everything

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Thanks Redfield ....and I agree with your interpretation, But NOWHERE in the new version of guideline is referring .to .BIOPAGES .... it simply says passportS, in the older version4/6 the word BIOPAGES was clearly stated, in 3/5 version the word BIIPAGES is deleted, are you still positive?
The new document checklist asks for the bio pages. "Photocopies of the biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents covering the five (5) years immediately before the date of your application"

Reactions: SHAHRAMZM

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
HI everyone , gud luck who all are going to apply for citizenship under new C6 rules. I am applying for my spouse and i checked new checklist it surprise that we dont have to send landing paper or pr card copy ot tax return copy. when i did in 2015 i send them everything
The guide asks for immigration document, so I would send the photocopy of PR confirmation or PR Card just to be sure

apple57

Oct 11, 2017
I am in the same situation. It is very confusing and frustrating. Obviously, CIC misses "Landing date" in their online calculator. If that option was used all misunderstanding would have been avoided as this option would have changed the eligibility period for all people who are in Canada for less than 5 years . How come, for example, I am 4 years in Canada and they ask me if I left Canada in the last 5 years???

So confusing, they immediately need to update their online physical presence calculator. Obviously, CIC missed this.