+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Reminders…
Make sure to use the Document Checklist and include it with your application.

Here are some reminders to avoid your application being returned to you:

• You must be eligible for citizenship the day before you sign the application.
  • You have answered all questions on the form or wrote “N/A” (Not applicable) for any question or section that is not applicable to you.
  • You have signed and dated the form. Make sure before you send it that it is not stale-dated (dated more than 90 days before IRCC receives it) or post-dated (dated into the future).
  • You have included photocopies of your immigrant documents: Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688) and both sides of the Permanent Resident Card if you have one.
  • You have included photocopies of additional documents (if applicable) such as: Language proof; biographical and renewal pages of passports and/or travel documents; court documents.
  • You have included original police certificates for each country other than Canada in which you were present for at least 183 days or more in the past four (4) years.
  • You have included photocopies of both sides of two (2) pieces of personal identification, one of which must have your photo on it.
  • You have included two (2) photos according to the citizenship application photograph specifications.
  • You have included proof of payment and exact fees.
  • You have included original translation and an affidavit by the translator for any documents that are not in English or French.
  • If you answered yes to question 6L, you have included the Residence outside Canada form (CIT 0177).
  • If you have appointed someone to act as your representative, you have included the Use of a Representative Form (IMM 5476).
From the current Guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Just a word of advice: All those hurrying to apply as soon as new rules kick or those asking the 11th or 12th application dates question: Thers's no guarantee you will get citizenship first just because you applied first. In any case, your hurry is likely to get you unexpected delays - either because you failed to understand any instructions that might come with new forms or completely not giving enough time to understand and properly fill the new forms.

So to those doing 160 mph trying to get everything done the same day as the new forms/guides, etc., calm down - and take life easy!
You are right. This is not a road / highway / banderantes. This is a road to lifetime Citizenship for generations to come. Must check all requirements, documents thoroughly. A small error may have one pulled over for months on this road. Remember tortoise run and won race with a hare.
Someone already mentioned they applied same day but got one month apart. Be careful while speeding:).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hang on, why are you guys attaching the NOA? I've been filing taxes for the past 4 years...is there any actual document that we need to print from the CRA site, or do we just have to confirm that we filed taxes at least 3 times in the past 5 years?
You do not need to attach NOA for your taxes. That is completely pointless. Ignore people who tell you to do that. The only thing it will do is annoy the case worker because he has to go through attachments that you weren't asked to provide.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
But the application form, perhaps more clearly, says: Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application.

What you are quoting here just says that the forms will be available on October 11 and you can use those forms to apply under new rules. It does not say you can use the forms to apply on the same day.
Once again guys... this is for individuals who reach 3 years exactly tomorrow on Sep 11th. By the time you apply, the day is not done yet, so it can be counted AS FULL DAY. That's why they are saying about the previous day.

But we all have more than 3 years, don't we???

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Just a word of advice: All those hurrying to apply as soon as new rules kick or those asking the 11th or 12th application dates question: Thers's no guarantee you will get citizenship first just because you applied first. In any case, your hurry is likely to get you unexpected delays - either because you failed to understand any instructions that might come with new forms or completely not giving enough time to understand and properly fill the new forms.

So to those doing 160 mph trying to get everything done the same day as the new forms/guides, etc., calm down - and take life easy!
Lmao i kinda want them to apply so that when it backlogs ours will be pushed forward. Jkjk

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012

I agree

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
I noticed people are suggesting to include additional documents which CIC has not asked for e.g. Tax receipts(NOAs) etc, I would suggest to include only those documents which they have requested providing additional documents might delay the application processing.

technic

Oct 5, 2017
Does anyone know when exactly the new forms will be available?

October 11th midnight or 8:00 am Eastern Time? Mountain Time?

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012

No would know except cic, lets wait, just one more day.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

I am sure a lot of people will start checking the CIC website from tonight and posting update as soon as there's any

technic

Oct 5, 2017
Thanks... Can we pay fees before today? Before the forms will be updated tomorrow, assuming their is no change in the fees.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Once again guys... this is for individuals who reach 3 years exactly tomorrow on Sep 11th. By the time you apply, the day is not done yet, so it can be counted AS FULL DAY. That's why they are saying about the previous day.

But we all have more than 3 years, don't we???

Yes, we do. lol

I have got 4 yrs prior to becoming PR = 1 yr pre-credit.
I have got 4 yrs & 4 months post PR.
Total = 5 yrs & 4 months
As such, I will apply at 8am tommorrow MST. LOL
No rush guys. LMFAO.

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
for the past several years address, say if I go back to my country for 2 weeks and come back, do I need to write the address?

Gillani

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
HI everyone i have a question.if anyone can answer me it will really appreciated .i think when sending application for citizenship we also have to include copy of our home country passport what if that passport is expired can we still send copy or we have to renew our passport.Thanks