+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
If we don't send application on 11th by the fastest option carrier option available, or say instead send application on 12th, will it delay citizenship in the end by several months?
Honestly i feel it is done in batches. Or random. Also depends on the officer in charge of your application. Ill assume 1-2 months submissions will be handled within the same time range. My sisters submited the same day and their citizenship came a month apart.

NewPRReciever

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We are hoping no police report will be required after today. We just have to wait and see the new rules but if you were not abroad for more than 183 days dont submit the PCC and click no just my own idea because the less unneeded(if there is a word like this) paper work the better
Thank you for the advice. I will look forward to seeing if that happens.

Reactions: ibry

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
If we don't send application on 11th by the fastest option carrier option available, or say instead send application on 12th, will it delay citizenship in the end by several months?
How can you expect anyone to know how to answer that question ? Educated guess says no, but that's all it is .. a guess.

canvin123

Mar 7, 2013
We landed as a PR on MARCH 29 2014. We were out of Canada for 10 days only.Do we still require PCC?

What documents do we have to enclose for Tax Receipts?

Please confirm?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
We landed as a PR on MARCH 29 2014. We were out of Canada for 10 days only.Do we still require PCC?

Please confirm?
Please read the instruction guide. If you were out for only 10 days, and spent the rest in Canada, then No you do not need a PCC. No tax receipts required. You simply authorize IRCC to access your CRA records on the application form.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Please read the instruction guide. If you were out for only 10 days, and spent the rest in Canada, then No you do not need a PCC. No tax receipts required. You simply authorize IRCC to access your CRA records on the application form.
Oh my. No tax receipt required i already printed my NOA from CRA. Guess i should take that out lol

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Quoted from CIC site re photo
"Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos."
Its quite clear.
Would they supposed to say ... "on the back of one of the photos"??

I just spoke with a photographer from Shoppers. He confirmed it is and has always been only one photo stamped.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

Please confirm?
No PCC required

I attached my NOA BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED! Unnecesary paper work

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

I just spoke with a photographer from Shoppers. He confirmed it is and has always been only one photo stamped.

I heard the rules were recently updated so they are all unaware. It has always been on the back of one photo till recent. It might even change back tomorrow

yezdi_in

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-10-2010
AOR Received.
12-01-2011
Med's Request
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-08-2013
Passport Req..
18-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2013
LANDED..........
08-05-2014
(1) The year threshold for police certificates has nothing to do with the threshold for the residency requirement. It is regulated in a completely different part of the Citizenship Act. So let me say that again:

It is a complete coincidence, that until now the number of years for the PCC (4 years) was the same as the residency requirement (4 out of 6). To ask "if the residency requirement changed from 4 to 3, why didn't the requirement for the PCC change from 4 to 3" is as valid a question as "if the residency requirement changed from 4 to 3, why did the election cycle for the house of commons not change from 4 to 3"

Also: Beyond the fact that by law they aren't connected, why should they be? Canada cares that you didn't have any recent convictions in foreign countries. Why should that definition of recent be connected to the residency requirement.

(2) Police Certificate processing times depend highly on the country. For example, in Germany, you print a one-page form, go to any notary and sign in front of them. Then you send it off and you get the Police certificate within 10-14 days. If you are not as lucky to have lived in a country where PCCs are easy to get, then yes, it means a delay in your application. I totally get that it is annoying.

(3) There was no criminal background check for foreign countries (only for Canada) before 2015. The criminal background check was introduced around the same time as C-24.

But again: The PCC criteria have never been linked to the C-24 changes in the residency requirement.
Thank you bro for the detailed reply. I was totally under the impression that the 4 years PCC requirement was related to the 4 years residency ! Thank you very much for throwing light into this :)

BillC6Lover

Oct 4, 2017
Hello guys.
I just read the current form of application, and I've a question about it. Sorry if it is clarified before.
At the end of the form it says:

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application.

So if they keep it in the new form (which is so probable), it seems that the earliest time that we(those who become eligible based on C-6) can apply is October 12. Is it correct?
Did you guys reach a consensus on this? Are you applying on 11th or 12th?

BillC6Lover

Oct 4, 2017

The photographer told me the same thing. But the website says "photos." And yes they could say "back of one photo," why not?
I got both of them stamped but am not sure if its correct.

Last edited:

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Sending application tomorrow will make it to be delivered on Friday, courier takes at least 1-2 days to deliver to NovaScotia, if we send on Thursday then ultimately it gets delayed to next week..

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
The photographer told me the same thing. But the website says "photos." And yes they could say "back of one photo," why not?
I got both of the stamped but am not sure if its correct.
Does anybody know, how it was said on the web-site previously??
As I remember it was always this way - "...on the back of photos."