Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I have question. In current website there is one requirement,

9. Police certificate(s) (as required)
You are required to provide a police certificate for each country, other than Canada, where you were present for a total of 183 days or more during the four (4) years immediately before the date of your application.

Is this will be change to 3 years or still will be 4 years?
Please read the FAQ here
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changes-on-oct-11-2017-executive-summary-faq.520982/

nibniv

Oct 4, 2017
Hi,
I have a question. I have gone through a change of name process and already have the name change certificate. I have applied to get my PR card updated, reflecting my new name. However, I still have not received it. My previous PR card is still valid and I believe having a valid PR card is not a requirement for the citizenship application, anyways. As such, I was wondering if I can still apply for my citizenship before receiving my new PR card. Would sending a copy of name change certificate be sufficient? Or should I wait for my new PR card to arrive then apply for my citizenship?
Thanks for your help guys!

dony

Jun 4, 2012
Hi guys, thanks for your amazing help and commitment. Just a question there is gonna be an excel spreadsheet?. On order to update our applications.

nick82

Jun 30, 2015
I have a question guys. My wife is currently visiting outside Canada. She is eligible to apply for citizenship. I want to make sure her application is filed asap. Is there a requirement for a person to be physically present in Canada to apply for citizenship? Any issues you foresee if they officer sees that she is out at the time of application?

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
yes new application form will be updated on CIC website on the Oct 11th, Wednesday.

August_EC

May 4, 2013
LANDED..........
28-06-2014
please let me know the good news guys, i have three night shifts in a row and cannnot check the news
Good question. Technically, bill c-6 is law so we are eligible even now.

Anyone else know ?
the new law effects start on oct 11, we all have to sign the online physical calculation form and print it off with our application, so on 11th, after you enter your information and if it shows you meet the criteria, then you are good to go. For people who have lived in Canada for 3 years after became a PR, i positively think you can send your application after you fill out the new form on Oct 11th. Pay attention to the new forms on 11th and do the online physical residence calculation form

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
For application only send the biographical page of the passport. On your interview day, they may check the stamps of your passport. If any of them is in a language other than English or French you need to have the translation too.
For the stamps that need translation even if they are dated before yoir landing date? Or just the ones from your landing date onwards??

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Hi,
I have a question. I have gone through a change of name process and already have the name change certificate. I have applied to get my PR card updated, reflecting my new name. However, I still have not received it. My previous PR card is still valid and I believe having a valid PR card is not a requirement for the citizenship application, anyways. As such, I was wondering if I can still apply for my citizenship before receiving my new PR card. Would sending a copy of name change certificate be sufficient? Or should I wait for my new PR card to arrive then apply for my citizenship?
Thanks for your help guys!
Definitely, you apply with your old pr card attaching the name change certificate. They'll see everything in the system. Plus, of course, you have to provide your passport copy which might also have your old name. Since you have a prove - a name change certificate, it's fine.