+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
u basically confused the hell out of yourself.
if u travel out of Canada for vacation or visit something, just write it down.
and yes you need to fill in all the dates; last 5 years from application.
Work is working in Canada,
Residing is living in Canada.
Do I need to provide address and date of visit, in address section?

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
Did you start the calculator application?
if you did it, all it ask is what country, Date range and reasons aka Tourisum , visiting family etc.
If you're out of Canada, you're out of Canada..

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
I was a protected person applicant for a year before I got approved. Do I mark that as "protected person" in time calculator?

I'm concerned because when I was waiting for a decision I wasn't technically considered a protected persom yet.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it. Just want to ease my mind

Husky9

Dec 15, 2012
I was a protected person applicant for a year before I got approved. Do I mark that as "protected person" in time calculator?

I'm concerned because when I was waiting for a decision I wasn't technically considered a protected persom yet.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it. Just want to ease my mind
Frequently Asked Questions

A protected person is someone who:
  • was found to be in need of protection or a convention refugee by the Immigration and Refugee Board or,
  • a person who received a positive decision on a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment from IRCC.
Note: If you made a refugee claim, or were included on a family members refugee claim, you will not be credited time in Canada from the date of the refugee claim until you received a positive decision confirming that you are a protected person as described above.

Reactions: Sohmisaly

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Hello house,
I am thinking about using a provincial health card and travel document as proof of ID. The issue i have now is that I would have used my drivers licence and health card, but my drivers licence was issued in Alberta and I just moved down to Ontario for work and I want to apply as living in Ontario. My question is this, do they care where the provincial drivers licence was issued because the address won't match where i live now or I should just stick with travel document and health insurance card. Thank you.

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hello house,
I am thinking about using a provincial health card and travel document as proof of ID. The issue i have now is that I would have used my drivers licence and health card, but my drivers licence was issued in Alberta and I just moved down to Ontario for work and I want to apply as living in Ontario. My question is this, do they care where the provincial drivers licence was issued because the address won't match where i live now or I should just stick with travel document and health insurance card. Thank you.
I have the same problem. I moved to another city within Ontario. I am going to provide my Health Crad, they got my PR and Passport. What else they want?
Just provide your health card.

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
I checked IRCC website and I saw that the forms for adults and minors are still referring to the 4 out of 6 rules, am I correct or confused? I have all the documents ready and what is missing is to fill out the application forms for 2 adults (myself, wife) and one minor (child). can you please advise?

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
I checked IRCC website and I saw that the forms for adults and minors are still referring to the 4 out of 6 rules, am I correct or confused? I have all the documents ready and what is missing is to fill out the application forms for 2 adults (myself, wife) and one minor (child). can you please advise?
it has not been ..updated..

Dimahq

Nov 22, 2012
I am so happy and super excited!! We r finally discussing these points!!!
Remember those words:"Senate stage", "Adjourned",.....:D:D all in the past!!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a smooth and fast application process

Reactions: OsamaR

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
It is not October 11th yet. Patience. Even if the forms are not there at midnight, not that no one promised they will go online on midnight. It might very well take some hours.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
In the address section of the application form you provide the addresses you actually LIVED at. If, say you lived at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC, but went on a short trip to Russia to meet friends, you only have to declare the Washington address.

Note that this only applies to the "Addresses in the past years" section of the form. For the physical presence calculation you must include every absence but that one doesn't ask for the address, just for the countries you've been to and the reason.

mo jack

Apr 22, 2014
Hello gentlemen , some questions request the information for last 6 years or since you became a PR whatever is most recent .

I became PR on Aug 15 2015 , so do I have to send only the information since my PR or I have to go back 6 years .

Please help

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
OK thank you. I also have the work permits covering the pre-PR period so shall I submit a copy of them anyway even if the new check list does not ask? just to be safe and make sure they have all the documents they may need to cover the pre-PR period without them asking for them later on during the application process?