Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
For security clearance, it could take much much longer. On my GCMS notes, they had the due date set to 13 months from the application delivery date.
Thanks for your answer Razerblade :)
So GCMS was only to tell you how long the Background check will take in your file ? ..

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks for your answer Razerblade :)
So GCMS was only to tell you how long the Background check will take in your file ? ..
The due date on the notes doesn't mean much, TBH. It could even take longer than that, but typically doesn't. My checks were complete within a month, despite the due date being set 13 months out. I suppose due dates are a way for IRCC to follow up on pending clearances with the respective agencies. Just my guess.

What I'm trying to say is that, expect your application to take 12 months from the date of delivery. Nothing to worry about at this time. if, for whatever reason, you still don't hear back from IRCC after 12 months, then you can call the call center and they will take some action.

The notes just show which checks are complete and which are pending. There isn't much (sometimes not at all) details about these checks on the notes. That's all I got from mine. Rest wasn't relevant or useful information.

Reactions: Monmon24

torrcan

Nov 10, 2014
Received test invitation letter by email today afternoon.

Test date 23-Apr'18
Time 11.45 am
Location Scarborough center

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hey guys,

I did my test and passed last week. Today I received a request to provide a colour photocopy of every page of my passport that were valid between Nov 2013 and Oct 2017. It also included a note stating:
“All passport stamps and entries, including visa permits, must be translated into English or French. This includes any entries that fall outside of the period stated above”

All my stamps between the required period are already in English. But I have few stamps before that period that we’re in Arabic.

I’m going to photocopy the entire passport and attach the translation with a detailed note.

Should I photocopy the blank pages to keep it all in chronological order?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi
Can someone update my status

Test Passed 19/20
Id= badar14

Thanks

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I did my test and passed last week. Today I received a request to provide a colour photocopy of every page of my passport that were valid between Nov 2013 and Oct 2017. It also included a note stating:
“All passport stamps and entries, including visa permits, must be translated into English or French. This includes any entries that fall outside of the period stated above”

All my stamps between the required period are already in English. But I have few stamps before that period that we’re in Arabic.

I’m going to photocopy the entire passport and attach the translation with a detailed note.

If I were you, I would photocopy all pages of passport, including blank pages.

Reactions: Seen12

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Yes, Blank pages are also required

Thanks and good luck
Hey guys,

Reactions: Seen12

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
I am again online today just to update you regarding my application and ridiculous experience. It is really quite surprising and also disappointed. (The reason of disappointment is that my application will be processed as per new date of application)

I have applied in December 22,2017 and I waited till March 2018 and did not receive AOR. Then I sent out Web Form inquiry twice and received a generic reply. Then I went to MP office and MP office followed up with them. Immigration Minister office replied to MP office and in their first email reply, all the dates were wrong. i.e Application sending and receiving date etc. Then I told to MP office that these all dates or wrong because they are saying we received application on 20 December while I sent application on 22 and received by IRCC office on 27 December. In short they were completely crazy.

Then in frustration I sent out second application package on 10 March,2018.

I received my AOR yesterday and today I checked my online status and I found that they have processed my second application package. Very much ridiculous. I do not know how these gentlemen in IRCC office is working ? What protocol they are following ? Seems to me that crazy people are sitting there.

This is what I found on my
"
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2018 "
Means they have wasted my almost 3 months. IRCC is very much unorganized and we need to send letters or officially complain so that future applicants can be saved from this ridiculous treatment. The people who are working in IRCC should realize the pain and urgency of the people because they are getting their salaries from our taxes. I am stuck because of this as my mother was sick so I thought after having Test/Interview I will travel but all in vain. Many others are on the same boat. After completion of my process, I am going to start official campaign against the ineligibility of these people. Liberal Party has promised with us in last elections that this mess will be fixed but we are facing same BS.

Last edited:

Bero333

Mar 22, 2018
Hey guys,

The same for me..after we did the test..the agent asked as to translate the passports and we will receive an email from her to submitting these documents.
The test was in 21 March at Montreal and up till now we didn't receive the email from the agent !!!!

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
s
All,
I am again online today just to update you regarding my application and ridiculous experience. It is really quite surprising and also disappointed. (The reason of disappointment is that my application will be processed as per new date of application)

I have applied in December 22,2017 and I waited till March 2018 and did not receive AOR. Then I went to sent Web Form inquiry twice and received a generic reply. Then I went to MP office and MP office followed up with them. Immigration Minister office replied to MP office and in their first email address all the dates were wrong. i.e Application sending and receiving date etc. Then I told to MP office that these all dates or wrong because they are saying we received application on 20 December while I sent application on 22 and received by IRCC office on 27 December. In short they are completely crazy.

Then in frustration I sent out second application package on 10 March,2018.

I received my AOR yesterday and today I checked my online status I found that they have processed my second application package. Very much ridiculous. I do not know how these gentlemen in IRCC office is working ? What protocol they are following ? Seems to me that crazy people are sitting there.

This is what I found on my
"
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 4, 2018 "
same here, nerve wracking!!