+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Please add me to the spreadsheet
Family application (husband, wife and one child)
Residence: 1,500 days
App sent: 12-OCT-2017
Received: 16-OCT-2017
AOR: 10-NOV-2017
In process: 12-DEC-2017
test invitation received: 08-JAN-2018
Test date: 08-FEB-2018

Reactions: salimnw

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
In the ECAS I found the following two updates:
4. We sent you correspondence on January 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. We sent you a notice on January 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 8, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

However, we received only test invitation letters from IRCC. I was expecting to receiving two letters: one asking for additional information or maybe fingerprints and another one for test invitation but I found only one letter in my mail box for test invitation? Does it mean the correspondence which IRCC was referring to in item(4) was the test invitation?
The test invitation letter included a check list for documents I have to bring with me for citizenship test/interview.
Can you please advise please?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hi,

Do you have any template on what to write to the MP?

I'm from Oct 16th and after 3 unsuccessful Webforms I think is time to try something different.

I don't want to send a second application as I still think that it's sitting somewhere in Sydney. I can't believe that so many applications got lost.

Thank you,
Not really actually..

I would just write a letter to tell them about my situation and the delays I faced along with the unsuccessful webforms. If you spoke to an agent, maybe even tell him/her about that too and what they asked you to do. Express your concerns of additional delays you might face coz of submitting a second application. Provide them with your details and ask them if they can help you in any way. Keep it simple.. hopefully they'll do something..

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
In the ECAS I found the following two updates:
4. We sent you correspondence on January 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

5. We sent you a notice on January 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 8, 2018 at 8:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

However, we received only test invitation letters from IRCC. I was expecting to receiving two letters: one asking for additional information or maybe fingerprints and another one for test invitation but I found only one letter in my mail box for test invitation? Does it mean the correspondence which IRCC was referring to in item(4) was the test invitation?
The test invitation letter included a check list for documents I have to bring with me for citizenship test/interview.
Can you please advise please?
If i were to guess, I would say #4 is most definitely a fingerprint request. Another forum member got FP and test invite within a day of each other,location Edmonton. Maybe wait 1-2 days more and see if you get it.

Dejavu18

Oct 30, 2017
Please update test date Jan 30.
Received an email today dated yesterday to appear for test on Jan 30.
I have 2 kids who applied with me age 12 and 10. Should I take their documents with me?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Please update test date Jan 30.
Received an email today dated yesterday to appear for test on Jan 30.
I have 2 kids who applied with me age 12 and 10. Should I take their documents with me?
Updated. Better to take all documents with you. You don't wanna be caught off guard.

May I ask which CPC is processing your file (test location) ? Is it Scarborough ?

Reactions: Dejavu18

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi Canven84,

If you don't mind can you please share all the three replies that you got from the web form. What did they actually replied? Because for the web form I submitted last week, they have replied that they verified my info(tracking no and other info) and passed the matter to the respected office, so that office will contact you if any further info needed. So im just waiting on that..

Thanks

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi Canven84,

If you don't mind can you please share all the three replies that you got from the web form. What did they actually replied? Because for the web form I submitted last week, they have replied that they verified my info(tracking no and other info) and passed the matter to the respected office, so that office will contact you if any further info needed. So im just waiting on that..

Thanks
Hi, the first time it was something along the lines of "We verified the information you provided and were not able to locate the application sent to the Case Processing Centre, in Sydney, Nova Scotia. We invite you to contact the registered mail service you used in order to make sure that your application was indeed received to our processing office" and then asked me some specifics about the delivery (Which company, tracking, etc) even when I attached the delivery confirmation with that information.

The second time I got the same answer but they asked me for the Receipt Number.

The third time was something different "We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file" though they didn't specify in what differs. So I sent a 4th webform with more attachments (Receipt, Delivery Confirmation and even my PR and now waiting for a response in that one.

Hopefully I'll get a clearer answer but I'd like to start something in parallel with my MP.

shaxem

Apr 9, 2014
Hi,

Would you please add me to the sheet?

Citizenship Office: Montreal
Single
App Mailed - Oct 11, 2017
App Delivered - Oct 13, 2017
AOR Received - Nov 8, 2017
In Process - Jan 10, 2018

Thanks,

rajmalhotra7