+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I would wait at least 3 months and even I don't hear anything then I would take my own decision and never encourage people to take same action. I would let others take their own decision. I won't even say anything because that can confuse vulnerable people. And finally if I get my oath using 2nd or 3rd, then I will come back here to share the experiences.
What will be the difference if you wait 2 or 3 months if they are not able to locate your application, plus they are working on applications received 20 days after yours?

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Only humans like to take others when they go down not when they go up. Don't suggests something which has potential to destroy their whole citizenship process. I said this before, whoever sending second application, simply screwing up their whole citizenship dream.
I would strongly recommend you wait until you get your oath done , then come back to this forum and suggest people based on your own experience. How can you strongly advise something which you don't even know the outcome?
You are also suggesting something that you never experienced as you are "strongly recommneding" something. How do you explain that? I know some people do not want to believe that their application is lost but how long do you wait? I have written confirmation from ircc email asked me to resend the application. Who do you think we should listen to? You recommendation or IRCC's recommendation?

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
For Oct applicants who are still waiting for AOR, not sure if what will help but I can share my story with you and may be it will be of some help

I made an application on oct 11 which got delivered on oct 13 but on Oct 13 I realized I had used the old form (Aug, 2017) so on Oct 13 I resent my entire application with the updated form for Oct-2017 and a cover letter explaining what happened and why I am re sending the application. The new application got delivered on Oct 16, 2017

My AOR currently says we received your application on Oct 16, 2017 and I still haven't gotten my first application data set back but I believe (hopefully) my application in process hopefully is the new data set I sent out since my AOR came on Dec 4 which is way after compared to other ppl whose application got delivered on Oct 16th.

Hopefully this helps some of you guys :)

Reactions: Goooo123 and canehh

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
For Oct applicants who are still waiting for AOR, not sure if what will help but I can share my story with you and may be it will be of some help

I made an application on oct 11 which got delivered on oct 13 but on Oct 13 I realized I had used the old form (Aug, 2017) so on Oct 13 I resent my entire application with the updated form for Oct-2017 and a cover letter explaining what happened and why I am re sending the application. The new application got delivered on Oct 16, 2017

My AOR currently says we received your application on Oct 16, 2017 and I still haven't gotten my first application data set back but I believe (hopefully) my application in process hopefully is the new data set I sent out since my AOR came on Dec 4 which is way after compared to other ppl whose application got delivered on Oct 16th.

I did exactly the same thing, but nothing received ill now.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017

Than you for sharing !

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well by saying superman I can tell what kind of attitude you have. Where you been when you sent your application? Did you bother to share information when you sent your application? off course not. Now when you are stuck, crying out loud for help.
I didn't get my AOR. I am here in Canada for 11 yrs 2 months and out for 173 days in total. I am not a citizen yet and not in a rush either. As I said do whatever you want, send 10 applications in 5 days, no one cares. But do not suggest people to do the same because you don't know the outcome yet. Once you know the outcome, then tell everyone what to do.
I will give the like coz of the 11 ys and 2m.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Losing official documents is a very serious business. If IRCC admitted so candidly that they routinely lose application documents, then would be an investigation, MPs would look into this. Sending another application is not a simple matter if a police certificate is required: IRCC requires only original police certificates, and it could take weeks if not months to obtain those certificates. Without mentioning the fact that, as mentioned by other users in this forum, immigration applications contain more than enough information to steal someone's identity (name, address history, employment history, passport, several IDs, SIN) and losing them lightly is reckless at best.

The approach "if we lose your application just send another one" would simply be unacceptable, IRCC officers would get into a lot of trouble if this were true. I don't buy this explanation.
You're right, it's a very big hassle for those who need to provide police certificate. but it's a fact and I got their email saying they couldn't locate my file. I am gonna raise the issue with the local MP ..that's reckless!

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Only humans like to take others when they go down not when they go up. Don't suggests something which has potential to destroy their whole citizenship process. I said this before, whoever sending second application, simply screwing up their whole citizenship dream.
I would strongly recommend you wait until you get your oath done , then come back to this forum and suggest people based on your own experience. How can you strongly advise something which you don't even know the outcome?
That's the agents advise not mine. I wouldn't know better than them.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
I have a friend who had a terrible experience when he applied for PR. He waited one year before he went to his MP to help him locate his application. IRCC couldn't provide an explanation why his application was lost and couldn't be processed for an entire year.

At the time when my friend thought he's about to receive his PR card, IRCC simply told him we didn't receive your application, it took him one year to wake up and pursue the matter seriously and he was in serious , extremely serious trouble back then. Now he's applying for Citizenship and planning not to repeat the same mistake. He's actively following through his application. This is an example of how reckless it can get at IRCC. They receive tens of thousands of applications, and you don't want them to loose some, unbelievable. they're as much human as anyone else. think about it.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
BTW, when I challenged the call center agent with some of their generic answers, sort of your application was returned to you and lost in the mail, she told me they're told to say that by IRCC. It's an official policy. they deal with tremendous amount of applications which they're not sure they can handle it. I guess they need to hire more people.. that's the only way to beat it.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
You're right, it's a very big hassle for those who need to provide police certificate. but it's a fact and I got their email saying they couldn't locate my file. I am gonna raise the issue with the local MP ..that's reckless!
I'd raise holy hell with them through whatever channels are available to me if someone told me they couldn't locate my file, before simply sending another application. Or get some assurance from someone at a supervisor level that the second application will be processed urgently.

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
I'd raise holy hell with them through whatever channels are available to me if someone told me they couldn't locate my file, before simply sending another application. Or get some assurance from someone at a supervisor level that the second application will be processed urgently.
Or maybe do both raise holy hell and send a second application :)

Reactions: sns204

mustafa001

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/2006