+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
This is a good reason to resubmit our applications since we are a backlog and missed out. I already sent another one on December 8th, and the agent told me there's no harm in doing it, to the contrary, she encouraged me to do so. They have a messed up procedures
That's just mindboggling.

Reactions: anasja2000

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Reactions: Goku

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
That's just mindboggling.
I just got a confirmation that the process is messed up. They replied to my inquiry i sent last week that they couldnt locate my application.

So i strongly advise October applicants to wait no more and resubmit a new one or you're just wasting your time waiting.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Are the days spent in Canada as Permanent Resident before bill C-6 became the law or before it becomes effective in fall 2017- retrospective? such as even a few days per year such as 5 days spent in Canada as PR in 2015 can be counted towards the the 3 years in total required out of the last 5 years as per bill C6 in order to applying for citizen?

Any input is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, days spent in Canada as PR in the last 5 years can all be counted towards the residency requirements.

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Officially October applicants are DONE giving the AOR. IRCC now giving AOR to November applicants. October applicants who are missed getting the AOR are consider backlog and may get AOR occasionally in between November and December applicants. After end of January 2018 people may resend their application if they like. This is what i heard from a senior IRCC agent.
I just got a confirmation that the process is messed up. They replied to my inquiry i sent last week that they couldnt locate my application.

So i strongly advise October applicants to wait no more and resubmit a new one or you're just wasting your time waiting.
I also sent my application and it was received on Oct. 19th and no AOR. I submitted a request online and got the same answer like yours.
I will wait until before the end of the next week and I will send another one.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017

Losing official documents is a very serious business. If IRCC admitted so candidly that they routinely lose application documents, then would be an investigation, MPs would look into this. Sending another application is not a simple matter if a police certificate is required: IRCC requires only original police certificates, and it could take weeks if not months to obtain those certificates. Without mentioning the fact that, as mentioned by other users in this forum, immigration applications contain more than enough information to steal someone's identity (name, address history, employment history, passport, several IDs, SIN) and losing them lightly is reckless at best.

The approach "if we lose your application just send another one" would simply be unacceptable, IRCC officers would get into a lot of trouble if this were true. I don't buy this explanation.

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Losing official documents is a very serious business. If IRCC admitted so candidly that they routinely lose application documents, then would be an investigation, MPs would look into this. Sending another application is not a simple matter if a police certificate is required: IRCC requires only original police certificates, and it could take weeks if not months to obtain those certificates. Without mentioning the fact that, as mentioned by other users in this forum, immigration applications contain more than enough information to steal someone's identity (name, address history, employment history, passport, several IDs, SIN) and losing them lightly is reckless at best.

The approach "if we lose your application just send another one" would simply be unacceptable, IRCC officers would get into a lot of trouble if this were true. I don't buy this explanation.
Good point, but if no can answer or find your application which was signed on delivery, what will you do?

Goooo123

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Only humans like to take others when they go down not when they go up. Don't suggests something which has potential to destroy their whole citizenship process. I said this before, whoever sending second application, simply screwing up their whole citizenship dream.
I would strongly recommend you wait until you get your oath done , then come back to this forum and suggest people based on your own experience. How can you strongly advise something which you don't even know the outcome?
It is a dream for you as it is a dream him, but you got your AOR and you are in peace of mind. He, like me and some others, did not know where are our applications nor received AOR.
So, what do you recommend Mr. superman?