+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Kenny232

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Just wanted an update about approx. how many people who got their applications delivered on 20th Oct got AOR?
I still did not get mine, it's been exactly 6 week's wait! :(
I think we are on the queue of the next batch of application piles to be processed this week if I am not wrong!
Can somebody shed some light on that please?
Thank you and all my heart-felt and best wishes to all Oct 2017 applicants. Hope everybody gets AOR by this month before Christmas successfully as Christmas week is going to be very slow anyways with so may ppl being away on holidays! Let's all keep each of us in the prayers for each other. :)

I am in the same boat delivered October 20th.
I sent my application with my friend .. and he received AOR last week and not me !! Go figure ... both delivered at the same time and signed by MIKE ...
Even though its very frustrating, patience is key !!

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
They didn't open your application yet. It's awful that officers easily and usually through the blame on the other side (you in this case). Did you track your envelope? If so, next time you call tell the agent but it was received on this specific date. Or just wait and you will receive that email. As someone else wrote many people didn't receive their AOR yet though the application was received before Oct. 16. Mine was received on Oct 20 and nothing yet.
Hi,

Thank you for the comment! I did track the envelope. It got delivered on Oct 16, and the CIC stuff signed the delivery inventory, so that I can see it online and even gave them the name of the person. Unfortunately, it doesn't change anything. The agents have no ideas what happened with the file right after. Agree, that most like it hasn't been opened yet.
At this point, I assume, it doesn't make any sense to reach their Call Centre, as they have very little info and can easily confuse you.

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Glad to see some October 16 applicants still getting AoRs. It seems some Oct 16 applications were handled by a super lazy officer. Please update the tracker, users @hmdjzy from the October 16ht batch got their AoR on December 3rd.
Also,
Congrats! That's interesting. Seems like they are open on Sun.

Reactions: hmdjzy

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
For October applications, 71% received AOR but only 16% received IP, and specifically for 10/13 deliveries that had received AOR (67 of those), only 27 have got IP
it looks more like the average for October (and after) applications will be at least 6 weeks from AOR to IP - some lucky ones got it in 2 weeks, but most people will be in for a long wait. I am surprised I haven't seen any threads about 'I still haven't got IP a month after AOR, How to contact MP?"

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
For October applications, 71% received AOR but only 16% received IP, and specifically for 10/13 deliveries that had received AOR (67 of those), only 27 have got IP
it looks more like the average for October (and after) applications will be at least 6 weeks from AOR to IP - some lucky ones got it in 2 weeks, but most people will be in for a long wait. I am surprised I haven't seen any threads about 'I still haven't got IP a month after AOR, How to contact MP?"

Considering the flood of applicants... we have to be thankful that such a high number already received AOR.

The early AORs negatively recalibrated some people's expectations.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Congrats! That's interesting. Seems like they are open on Sun.
It's extraordinary to me when I see AOR on weekend. First I speculated maybe it's a misunderstanding but after reading tons of post I am convinced that some officers maybe doing the "data entry from home" maybe!! "I don't know" I don't like this idea because there is risk to our confidential documents being lost. Not sure if this is what happened to my application !!

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
It's extraordinary to me when I see AOR on weekend. First I speculated maybe it's a misunderstanding but after reading tons of post I am convinced that some officers maybe doing the "data entry from home" maybe!! "I don't know" I don't like this idea because there is risk to our confidential documents being lost. Not sure if this is what happened to my application !!
I think someone in this thread had said that the AORs might have been put on a time delay of some sort to to send emails for..to make sure the system doesn't crash or something.. That seemed like something which actually might be true

Reactions: ultra_violet

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
I dont think they're working from home. May be working on weekend, to make some extra overtime Holiday cash.
BTW How do you found out that your earlier application was lost?

Thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To clear this up. When you are entered onto the IRCC system the contract goes into a computer queue. So you don't receive your AOR at the exact point your application has been approved. It's just dependant on the wait and when the computer decides to send it out.

Reactions: ultra_violet

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I dont think they're working from home. May be working on weekend, to make some extra overtime Holiday cash.
BTW How do you found out that your earlier application was lost?

Thanks
IRCC agent told me they do not have my application even I have Delivery certificate from Canada Post. Canada Post and IRCC initiated the investigation but that does not mean the application would be found. The agent mentioned they have given AOR to all applicant received on 13 Oct and asked me I have option to send my application again.

nofrills

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
AOR Received.
06-07-2015
Passport Req..
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
25-09-2015
Just wanted an update about approx. how many people who got their applications delivered on 20th Oct got AOR?
I still did not get mine, it's been exactly 6 week's wait! :(
I think we are on the queue of the next batch of application piles to be processed this week if I am not wrong!
Can somebody shed some light on that please?
Thank you and all my heart-felt and best wishes to all Oct 2017 applicants. Hope everybody gets AOR by this month before Christmas successfully as Christmas week is going to be very slow anyways with so may ppl being away on holidays! Let's all keep each of us in the prayers for each other. :)
There are still many - check here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16cfQUVB3j56QktacolbsAxpNlOrvk2uFGZzm_ZFCnfg/edit#gid=2108303348