+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum but I wanted to share my information particularly for those people who submitted their applications within Oct 12-16 and still awaiting AOR.

My applications was delivered on Oct 13 and signed by Ryan.

I just received my AOR today at 6:30 pm mountain time.

I hope this bring some hope. I think it is very unlikely that applications get lost. It is just a matter of time. Be patient, live your life, and you will all receive your AOR soon.

If you want to add me to the spreadsheet, here is my info:

Application sent on Oct 11
Delivered Oct 13
From Edmonton
Single
Physical Presence Day: 1280
Urgent Processing Request
I'm just curious you requested urgent processing and they didn't process it urgently. But anyways since they opened it and your app got delivered on 13th, why don't they just process it anyway? Did they just put it back to the piles that's why you got AOR yesterday?

calvin1987

Dec 1, 2017
I'm just curious you requested urgent processing and they didn't process it urgently. But anyways since they opened it and your app got delivered on 13th, why don't they just process it anyway? Did they just put it back to the piles that's why you got AOR yesterday?
I think they probably did not open my application until a few days ago. My mistake was that I did not put the "request for urgent processing" on my Purolator envelope and only on the inside envelope, so they could not tell if this is urgent. I guess they finally got to my application after going through a pile of other applications.

Anyway, I am glad that they finally opened it.

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I think they probably did not open my application until a few days ago. My mistake was that I did not put the "request for urgent processing" on my Purolator envelope and only on the inside envelope, so they could not tell if this is urgent. I guess they finally got to my application after going through a pile of other applications.

Anyway, I am glad that they finally opened it.
That makes sense. Congrats anyway!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks, but I wish to travel in summer. I was locked in Canada for 6 years now except one trip of a week
You're free to travel while your application is being processed. Just make sure someone is checking your mailbox regularly in case you get test or oath invite. ECAS should show the update as well.

Reactions: salimnw

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Just wanted an update about approx. how many people who got their applications delivered on 20th Oct got AOR?
I still did not get mine, it's been exactly 6 week's wait! :(
I think we are on the queue of the next batch of application piles to be processed this week if I am not wrong!
Can somebody shed some light on that please?
Thank you and all my heart-felt and best wishes to all Oct 2017 applicants. Hope everybody gets AOR by this month before Christmas successfully as Christmas week is going to be very slow anyways with so may ppl being away on holidays! Let's all keep each of us in the prayers for each other. :)

ultra_violet

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Just wanted an update about approx. how many people who got their applications delivered on 20th Oct got AOR?
I think we are on the queue of the next batch of application piles to be processed this week if I am not wrong!
Thank you and all my heart-felt and best wishes to all Oct 2017 applicants. Hope everybody gets AOR by this month before Christmas successfully as Christmas week is going to be very slow anyways with so may ppl being away on holidays! Let's all keep each of us in the prayers for each other. :)
Still waiting over here. I was very optimistic that my husband would receive his AOR on Friday... Didn’t happen :(

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Still waiting over here. I was very optimistic that my husband would receive his AOR on Friday... Didn’t happen :(
Me neither. Soon but very soon we all will receive it. :)

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Not very good news ;-(

I just spoke with a CIC Agent re my application received by them on Oct 16 (confirmed by the delivery company).
The agent told me, that all applications received before Oct 19 have been already processed and all applicants have got AORs (not me thou).

She checked the system and couldn't find any records on me. They have no ideas whether my file hasn't been opened yet or just got lost.
As well, she mentioned, they have to give 6 more weeks to start investigating the case (which will be only in mid Jan).

Terrible news to be honest! Would very appreciate any help from everybody who saw things like that.
They didn't open your application yet. It's awful that officers easily and usually through the blame on the other side (you in this case). Did you track your envelope? If so, next time you call tell the agent but it was received on this specific date. Or just wait and you will receive that email. As someone else wrote many people didn't receive their AOR yet though the application was received before Oct. 16. Mine was received on Oct 20 and nothing yet.

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Oct 20 here. Nothing yet. I was calm at the beginning but now I am getting nervous. Officers hardly accomplish anything between Dec 15 and Jan 7

pepe84

Champion Member
Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad to see some October 16 applicants still getting AoRs. It seems some Oct 16 applications were handled by a super lazy officer. Please update the tracker, users @hmdjzy from the October 16ht batch got their AoR on December 3rd.
Also,

Reactions: hmdjzy