+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

prasanth remesh

Oct 16, 2013
could someone please add meet to the sheet?
location Calgary
application sends October 28th.
received on November 2nd.
no AOR yet.

Last edited:

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Guys

FYI
My application was received October 19th, i got my AOR last week, but not my husband, today we call to CIC, and the agent told us that there is a delay with the AOR sending, but , at least he gave us the application number for my husband, so, patience is all we need....

Reactions: Varangian

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
I’m saying if you use the webform check your mail regularly as well. There’s nothing in ECAS that says they have sent something in the mail. It still shows as IN PROCESS Nov 14 in mine so I was surprised I received a letter dated Nov 21 from them.

I think I get it now where I made a mistake in my calculator. I didn’t include my days in my home country while waiting for my PR application. I had never been to Canada prior to that so I assumed to start listing absences from the day I landed.

Hi Alexy2016,
Thank you for sharing this info. Could you please explain a bit more. As I landed Canada on 07th July-2013. So I am confused after your thread. What Date Should I put in my Calculator ? Your reply will appreciable. As per my Physical Presence Calculator, it says my Eligibility Period Starts from 25-Dec-2012.

Last edited:

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Guys

FYI
My application was received October 19th, i got my AOR last week, but not my husband, today we call to CIC, and the agent told us that there is a delay with the AOR sending, but , at least he gave us the application number for my husband, so, patience is all we need....

Thank you so much! Very useful info!

On the other hand, what else can an agent say - obviously a delay! My point is that if there is a delay in the subway, everybody is waiting. Here is a completely different story - seems like this delay is for selected group of people only, which is minority right now.

Hope, I'm not too pessimistic ;-P I'm complaining too much lately. Just got frustrated with all those delays.

Last edited:

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Thank you so much! Very useful info!

On the other hand, what else can an agent say - obviously a delay! My point is that if there is a delay in the subway, everybody is waiting. Here is a completely different story - seems like this delay is for selected group of people only, which is minority right now.

Hope, I'm not too pessimistic ;-P I'm complaining too much lately. Just got frustrated with all those delays.
Well.. people in this forum make a very small percentage of people who are actually applying in Canada, so it might feel like a minority but I'm sure it's not like that. I've seen people wait upto 50 days for their AOR before the C6 rule, this is just the beginning for a very long wait. We should be mentally prepared to just be patient and wait..It'll all be well eventually! :)

Good Luck! :)

HME

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Please update spreadsheet

AOR received Today, Nov 30

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Well.. people in this forum make a very small percentage of people who are actually applying in Canada, so it might feel like a minority but I'm sure it's not like that. I've seen people wait upto 50 days for their AOR before the C6 rule, this is just the beginning for a very long wait. We should be mentally prepared to just be patient and wait..It'll all be well eventually! :)

Good Luck! :)
Agree with "...a very small percentage of people". At the same time, statistics of the opened files is spread and represented equally among those who are on this site and who are not.

Reactions: ultra_violet