+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
There is no explanation of the website crash other than updating the forms, the physical presence calculator and other text about the new citizenship rules
Or too many people are checking for updates and the server just can’t handle

Andy1476

Oct 4, 2017
Hi, I m new to thread..can anyone tell me in the application do I need to mention all my work history in Canada for citizenship application?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
can anyone tell me in the application do I need to mention all my work history in Canada for citizenship application?
Follow the instructions. They are clear.

Be sure to use the form, checklist, and instructions current for the day you send off the application. Form will be changing soon and may change multiple times in the next while.

Applicants must report ALL work history during the relevant time period. That is, for the preceding six years unless the applicant became a PR less than six years previous, and if this then since becoming a PR. All work history includes any employment in Canada and outside Canada during this relevant time period. (Some applicants employed full time may leave out minimal part-time employment covering brief periods of time, but best to follow the instructions and use one's best judgment in this regard . . . and especially important to include any work at all abroad during the relevant time period, since omitting that could be construed to be a significant material misrepresentation by omission.)

Relevant time period will change soon, when the Bill C-6 3/5 rules come into force.

Reactions: Oboy

Andy1476

Oct 4, 2017
Follow the instructions. They are clear.

Be sure to use the form, checklist, and instructions current for the day you send off the application. Form will be changing soon and may change multiple times in the next while.

Applicants must report ALL work history during the relevant time period. That is, for the preceding six years unless the applicant became a PR less than six years previous, and if this then since becoming a PR. All work history includes any employment in Canada and outside Canada during this relevant time period. (Some applicants employed full time may leave out minimal part-time employment covering brief periods of time, but best to follow the instructions and use one's best judgment in this regard . . . and especially important to include any work at all abroad during the relevant time period, since omitting that could be construed to be a significant material misrepresentation by omission.)

Relevant time period will change soon, when the Bill C-6 3/5 rules come into force.
Thanks..

Inlandoct2014

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Oct 2, 2014
File Transfer...
SA, AIP : Jan 14, 2016
Med's Request
Jan 6, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 9, 2016
Interview........
DM: FEB 4, 2016
LANDED..........
March 16, 2016
Hi Guys, a quick question to ask,
I'm a bit confused in my work and education history.
While I was student I was working in a company during summer for about two months, several month later I also worked with a contract for another company for about two weeks and I paid taxes for both, now should I mention these work experiences as they were in the same period as I was student or not? If I do, the officer may get confused seeing bunch of things in the same period... any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Last edited:

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Guys, a quick question to ask,
I'm a bit confused in my work and education history.
While I was student I was working in a company during summer for about two months, several month later I also worked with a contract for another company for about two weeks and I paid taxes for both, now should I mention these work experiences as they were in the same period as I was student or not? If I do, the officer may get confused seeing bunch of things in the same period... any suggestions ?

Thanks,

You should mention them. No officer will not get confused, make sure you start with most recent work/study. In bracket you can write (part-time position)

Another reason that it’s a bad idea to omit them is that since you have filed taxes, CRA does have info about your T4s and T5018 (slip for contract work), and CRA info is accessible by IRCC. You do not want to take any risk of misrepresentation.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The instruction guide states:

"You must list all your work and education history . . ." (for the relevant time period)

Instructions rarely come any more clear than that. The meaning of "all" requires no elaboration.

The fact that there are overlapping periods of time should not be confusing.

As I am wont to say, when in doubt, follow the instructions, and otherwise, yep, follow the instructions.

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015

light88

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
its 10 am and I cant find a LIVE video and the mentioned facebook page.
also why are people already filling out the application? its going to be updated and changed so that wont do you any good.