Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi @spyfy, help needed, I realized I made 2 mistakes on my form
1. Forgot to print my name on the back of the pictures
2. Did not filled the CIT0177 (I had lived outside CA for longer than 183 days but not as a Crown Servant)

Does my application stands a chance OR will be returned?

Thank you in advance :)
2 is not a big deal.
1 might be a problem depending on the mood of the case worker. there's still a good chance they'll just add the name for you

Best thing to do is not to think about it and wait.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Yeah but do you guys also think that if some application are really straight forward they are getting the AOR faster than the one not straight forward? I was also thinking that I did not get AOR yet because I must have made some silly mistake and the reason why the officer put my file away to review it later? Just a thought!
Chill, please. Chill.

The vast majority will have to wait for AOR for a while. Imagine you are at a restaurant and you have been waiting for your order for 30 minutes. Now imagine ONE table got their food already but another ten tables are still waiting. Would you really think you did something wrong? That one table is the odd one out, not you.

I know, patience is hard. I've been there. But it's really important. This will be a journey of months!

Reactions: ChippyBoy

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Interesting updates from this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2017-citizenship-applications.515291/page-29
1. September submissions were still receiving AOR around 10:40 PM this evening
2. One September submission was notified that it will be processed under the new C-6 rule instead of C-24
- my wishful thinking is: procedures under C-24 are so time consuming that very few people at CIC want to take it and they decide to move some C-24 cases to C-6 pile to save time LOL

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

glob

Oct 6, 2017
In question 11, I put a "yes" check mark for "I was employed", put I didn't select neither "yes" nor "no" for the rest of the items ("I was self-employed", "I was at school" etc.).

@spyfy - what do you think, could it be a reason for CIC to return the application?
(I was working for the same company during my stay in Canada all the time - and I specified this is the table for Q11).

Thanks!

davidken1

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
2 is not a big deal.
1 might be a problem depending on the mood of the case worker. there's still a good chance they'll just add the name for you

Best thing to do is not to think about it and wait.
I did not add my name to my photo and actually sent in the old photo size as well - really surprised to get AOR today so you should be okay

Reactions: GoodMorningCanada

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
In question 11, I put a "yes" check mark for "I was employed", put I didn't select neither "yes" nor "no" for the rest of the items ("I was self-employed", "I was at school" etc.).

@spyfy - what do you think, could it be a reason for CIC to return the application?
(I was working for the same company during my stay in Canada all the time - and I specified this is the table for Q11).

Thanks!
https://twitter.com/mercalex04/status/920671080628539392

What's your timeline ?

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Chill, please. Chill.

The vast majority will have to wait for AOR for a while. Imagine you are at a restaurant and you have been waiting for your order for 30 minutes. Now imagine ONE table got their food already but another ten tables are still waiting. Would you really think you did something wrong? That one table is the odd one out, not you.

I know, patience is hard. I've been there. But it's really important. This will be a journey of months!
you are right i suppose :)

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
Oh no doubt about that, IRCC processing is a miracle. :)

I haven't applied yet, in fact due to frequent travels I won't be eligible until late January.

Once it's my time to apply, I'll let y'all know in case I have questions :)

Thanks for your nice words!
Personally, I think you should look into becoming an immigration consultant.. maybe just on the side!

Your knowledge is very worthy:)

GoodMorningCanada

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Chill, please. Chill.

Thank you spyfy!

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Interesting updates from this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2017-citizenship-applications.515291/page-29
1. September submissions were still receiving AOR around 10:40 PM this evening
2. One September submission was notified that it will be processed under the new C-6 rule instead of C-24
- my wishful thinking is: procedures under C-24 are so time consuming that very few people at CIC want to take it and they decide to move some C-24 cases to C-6 pile to save time LOL
Call me old fashioned, but I think applicants who spend $630 and dutifully fill out their applications as per the instructions should expect files to be processed on a first-come-first-serve basis not randomly and based on the mood of the Sydney office workers, but CIC clearly doesn't see things that way lol