+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION NOT MOVING

ankit1482

Aug 25, 2017
Hello Guys,
I applied for my citizenship in early Janurary this year . Did my exam late March and status changed to Decision made in Early April. But nothing has happened to my application since then. Its been over 5 months.
I think Decision Made means everything is done on my application. Would they still be working on something in my application ??? I did my test in Saskatoon and when I compare my timeline to other people some people who applied in March have their process finished already.

Can somebody throw some light on this. Or wait and watch is the only option !!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
I applied for my citizenship in early Janurary this year . Did my exam late March and status changed to Decision made in Early April. But nothing has happened to my application since then. Its been over 5 months.
I think Decision Made means everything is done on my application. Would they still be working on something in my application ??? I did my test in Saskatoon and when I compare my timeline to other people some people who applied in March have their process finished already.

Can somebody throw some light on this. Or wait and watch is the only option !!!
It means you will be invited to oath soon. Sometimes it takes many months to get oath invite. It is a painful wait but at least you know that the decision has already been reached and your file is not stuck in some checks. If you are dying from curiosity, you may order GCMS notes or whatever they are called to get additional insight into your status. There is a separate thread on this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-received-today.511925/#post-6307823

Reactions: mickey_mouse

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
As observed by Katayoon, it is not uncommon for applicants to wait many months to be scheduled for the oath.

I suspect scheduling citizenship ceremonies in Saskatoon is affected by the relatively small number of applicants processed there. There are, probably, significant wait times between ceremonies. Thus, for example, if completing all outstanding steps in your process just missed making it into the queue for the last oath ceremony, that could mean a long wait before being invited to attend the next ceremony to be scheduled.

No need to do the ATIP request and it would not reveal much if anything of use anyway.

Generally, best to be patient, but if there is no progress soon, perhaps make a telephone call to the Call centre, and politely persist that the agent/representative access your personal file (check your GCMS citizenship application records) and give you an update on current status.

This would mostly be to make sure there has not been any missed or lost notices or other correspondence . . . which you can generally assume has not happened as long as eCas indicates in process and DM. But if nothing happens for awhile longer you may want to make the call to check, mostly to reassure yourself that all is well and on track.

If, however, you have moved, changed address, or otherwise have reasons to be concerned about having potentially missed a notice or correspondence from IRCC, make the call to the Call centre sooner rather than later.

You can also watch for information about citizenship oath ceremonies in Saskatoon (often covered by local news outlets; some are posted online by IRCC). If you see ceremonies being held and you have not been invited, that would be a reason to make the call and check on your status.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
As observed by Katayoon, it is not uncommon for applicants to wait many months to be scheduled for the oath.

I suspect scheduling citizenship ceremonies in Saskatoon is affected by the relatively small number of applicants processed there. There are, probably, significant wait times between ceremonies. Thus, for example, if completing all outstanding steps in your process just missed making it into the queue for the last oath ceremony, that could mean a long wait before being invited to attend the next ceremony to be scheduled.

No need to do the ATIP request and it would not reveal much if anything of use anyway.

Generally, best to be patient, but if there is no progress soon, perhaps make a telephone call to the Call centre, and politely persist that the agent/representative access your personal file (check your GCMS citizenship application records) and give you an update on current status.

This would mostly be to make sure there has not been any missed or lost notices or other correspondence . . . which you can generally assume has not happened as long as eCas indicates in process and DM. But if nothing happens for awhile longer you may want to make the call to check, mostly to reassure yourself that all is well and on track.

If, however, you have moved, changed address, or otherwise have reasons to be concerned about having potentially missed a notice or correspondence from IRCC, make the call to the Call centre sooner rather than later.

You can also watch for information about citizenship oath ceremonies in Saskatoon (often covered by local news outlets; some are posted online by IRCC). If you see ceremonies being held and you have not been invited, that would be a reason to make the call and check on your status.
bro each time you leave a post ,, it convinces me that you are a lawyer

ankit1482

Aug 25, 2017
Well, thanks alot guys.... For ur time to explain me stuff..... I just heard about this forum few days ago and posted today.... But i guess people really give good advice and take their time to explain stuff...
All U guys are awesome.... :):):)

Reactions: Siar

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D
1) If I was you I would order my GCMS notes first to see if any thing is still not completed or whats the latest on my application. GCMS reveals lots of very useful information

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

2) I would also send a case specific enquiry

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks again for the useful info. Have you ever seen a case specific enquiry response? Would be interesting to see the format of their reply. I am curious how much detail they provide in it. I guess not as detailed as GCMS notes.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
:D

Thanks again for the useful info. Have you ever seen a case specific enquiry response? Would be interesting to see the format of their reply. I am curious how much detail they provide in it. I hope it is not just something like "we started processing your application on XX. Standard processing times are 12 months. If you have not heard anything by that time, please open a new enquiry" :eek:
Hi

So far I have not sent any case specific eqnuiry after sending citizenship application. But I did send 5 or 6 enquiries when I had applied for my PR visa 4 years ago. They are off course very useful and they do inform you present status of your case. Some times if your visa officer is nice he/she also gives you his/her personal email address and then again its very useful. I am here posting some replies to my case specific enquiries which were sent 4 years ago...Also note that When I had applied for PR visa, that time we can also send them emails directly so I also sent emails to them directly at the email of related visa office which was Canadian High Commission in London processing my case. So you can either send them case specific enquiry from website or send them email directly...In citizenship case I know we can send case specific enquiry but I don't know if we can email them directly or not

Important.. Just ignore the fact on the website that do not send any enquiries or if you are within time frame etc..bla bla..just send and you will get an answer and there is no delay of application or any thing..

Here are replies to some of my case specific enquiries sent 4 years ago

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email. This information has been noted in our system. Your file currently with an immigration officer for review, we are unable to advise when this review will take place. However, will be sure to contact you as soon as we are ready to proceed with further processing of your file.

Yours sincerely,

RIH
Program Assistant
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA/Londres W1K 4AA
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca / www.royaume-uni.gc.ca

Dear Applicant,

In response to your email, please rest assured that your documents have been added to your file which is currently being held with an immigration officer for review. Please note that the review is yet to take place, however, we will be sure to contact you as soon as your file is ready to proceed.

Yours sincerely,

RIH

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry. File: XXXXXX

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time. Your other application is currently waiting in a queue to be processed.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (KLH)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

Email: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Consent & Disclaimer: By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an email communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

So far I have not sent any case specific eqnuiry after sending citizenship application. But I did send 5 or 6 enquiries when I had applied for my PR visa 4 years ago. They are off course very useful and they do inform you present status of your case. Some times if your visa officer is nice he/she also gives you his/her personal email address and then again its very useful. I am here posting some replies to my case specific enquiries which were sent 4 years ago...

Important.. Just ignore the fact on the website that do not send any enquiries or if you are within time frame etc..bla bla..just send and you will get an answer

Here are replies to some of my case specific enquiries sent 4 years ago

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your email. This information has been noted in our system. Your file currently with an immigration officer for review, we are unable to advise when this review will take place. However, will be sure to contact you as soon as we are ready to proceed with further processing of your file.

Yours sincerely,

RIH
Program Assistant
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration
High Commission of Canada/Haut-commisariat du Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA/Londres W1K 4AA
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni
Government of Canada/Gouvernement du Canada
www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca / www.royaume-uni.gc.ca

Dear Applicant,

In response to your email, please rest assured that your documents have been added to your file which is currently being held with an immigration officer for review. Please note that the review is yet to take place, however, we will be sure to contact you as soon as your file is ready to proceed.

Yours sincerely,

RIH

Dear Madam / Sir,

This is in response to your enquiry. File: XXXXXX

Your application is in process or waiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. No further action is required by you at this time. Your other application is currently waiting in a queue to be processed.

Our office will contact the applicant when a decision has been made or if further information is required. Immigration decisions and information requests are sent by post or email to the addresses provided in the application.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (KLH)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

Email: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Consent & Disclaimer: By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an email communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

Wow these are pretty detailed and nicely worded. Thanks a lot for putting these up.
It is good to know there is a full range of information tools available to us if our file gets stuck down the road.

I was also at London VO by the way :D

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Wow these are pretty detailed and nicely worded. Thanks a lot for putting these up.
It is good to know there is a full range of information tools available to us if our file gets stuck down the road.

I was also at London VO by the way :D
thats good bro....yes their system is good no doubt about that....Canada is a great country.. I have lived in UK before but I must say the respect I got in Canada I never had in UK. They gave me so much respect in Canada, in Uk I din't have any....Good on you Canada...!!!!!!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thats good bro....yes their system is good no doubt about that....Canada is a great country.. I have lived in UK before but I must say the respect I got in Canada I never had in UK. They gave me so much respect in Canada, in Uk I din't have any....Good on you Canada...!!!!!!
That's the right spirit for interview! Surely the interviewer will appreciate your loyalty to Canada. Good to see you are already ready for the interview!