+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - miss photo / weird sentence in letter

gagnogu

Feb 17, 2014
Hello, I sent a Citizenship Application for my partner, with documents signed the 15 april.
Unfortunately... all the documents have been returned to me because ...I forgot to join de the 2 photos :(
(I am a nut, i known)

I guess that I have to refill new documents and make new calculation of days...(yep?)

In the letter sent by Immigration Canada, they wrote
"La date de la signature de la demande originale sera toujours utilisée pour les calculs de la présence effective"

Google english translation : "The date of the signature of the original application will always be used for calculations of actual presence"

What does it means ??? Does it means that I have to recreate all documents signed today (16 july) and include the returned copy of the application that was signed the 15 April ??? It is so obscur for me.
Everytime I call Immigration Canada, they say "too much call" and they stop communication....

Thank if you can help me:)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Your application was sent 3 months ago.
If received 90 days or later after it was signed, which will basically be your case with a signature date the 15th of april, it will be returned even if you provided all the documents.

So, regardless of what that sentence means, you gotta start a new application.
No need to pay again obviously.

Bonne chance! :)

Nafisatu

Jul 21, 2019
In the same boat too..but since mine has pictures attached already on the returned file, do I have to send new pictures with the new documents or they may use the old once ?
Thank you very much

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
In the same boat too..but since mine has pictures attached already on the returned file, do I have to send new pictures with the new documents or they may use the old once ?
Thank you very much
You can send the same pictures as long as they are not more than 6 months old (unless IRCC wrote that photos didn't meet requirements).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

Reactions: Nafisatu

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello, I sent a Citizenship Application for my partner, with documents signed the 15 april.
Unfortunately... all the documents have been returned to me because ...I forgot to join de the 2 photos :(
(I am a nut, i known)

I guess that I have to refill new documents and make new calculation of days...(yep?)

In the letter sent by Immigration Canada, they wrote
"La date de la signature de la demande originale sera toujours utilisée pour les calculs de la présence effective"

Google english translation : "The date of the signature of the original application will always be used for calculations of actual presence"

What does it means ??? Does it means that I have to recreate all documents signed today (16 july) and include the returned copy of the application that was signed the 15 April ??? It is so obscur for me.
Everytime I call Immigration Canada, they say "too much call" and they stop communication....

Thank if you can help me:)
I agree with @Seym
You have to fill and sign all forms like it's a completely new application with today's date (or the day you want to mail your application). As said by Seym, no need to pay again, just send the same receipt in the package. You have to update all forms with the new date of signature, but you don't need to send back the previous forms signed in April.

Concernant
Je pense que c'est simplement pour dire que c'est la date à laquelle le formulaire est signé qui compte. Donc il faut mettre à jour les formulaires pour que la période d'éligibilité corresponde à la (nouvelle) date de signature.