+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application in August 2017

Achazz

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Admin,

Please update the list and thank you to all who shared their stories, their journey and some insights on this processing.
See my timeline...excerpt from online. I'm at number 92 on the list for August 2018 applicant.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 3, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on February 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 26, 2018.
  5. We sent you a notice on May 3, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 23, 2018 at 1:00 PM.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on May 23, 2018.
Thank you so much. To Elie72 and some of those guys here who shared their favourable updates. An awesome 9 months of journey. Thanks a million. I'll never forget this helpful forum. You all guys are amazing. Thank you.

All the best to those who are still waiting for a Test, or an Oath... Keep the positive outlook alive. Don;t worry too much, your time will come soon. Take care. God bless.

I am signing off.

Last edited:

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
I called IRCC today and was told my application been transferred to Mississauga office and they will be scheduling my Oath Invite.I also called last week and the lazy agent I talked to all she said is my application is in process. I don’t understand they get paid to do a job and they behave like they doing us a favour answering our questions if they don’t want their job they should just quit and let’s someone who really needs a job and enjoy answering the phone have the job.shout out to the agent I talked to great job.:cool:
I called IRCC today as well. I had a nice gentleman this time and he told me "your file is Impeccable we are not waiting for anything on your file". I asked him so am I just waiting for a seat he replied "Exactly". That's good to hear I mean butt if everything is perfect on file why people who applied 3 months after us would get oath before us, is it just for torture or what!?

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called IRCC today as well. I had a nice gentleman this time and he told me "your file is Impeccable we are not waiting for anything on your file". I asked him so am I just waiting for a seat he replied "Exactly". That's good to hear I mean butt if everything is perfect on file why people who applied 3 months after us would get oath before us, is it just for torture or what!?
I guess its just luck .. :mad:

Reactions: jaran2017

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Maybe the agent who was assigned to our application never sign off and it for Oath Invite until it’s was close to the 12 months or they forget about us. I hope there’s not a delay in Oath Invite since my file is in Mississauga.

Reactions: jaran2017

mickel44

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Maybe the agent who was assigned to our application never sign off and it for Oath Invite until it’s was close to the 12 months or they forget about us. I hope there’s not a delay in Oath Invite since my file is in Mississauga.
I think it's a good thing that your file was transferred to Mississauga, they are faster there on oath invites lets wait and see:rolleyes:

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Admin and Friends,

Just want to let you know that my file has been completed today and I think I am somewhere close to number 100 on the thread for list updates. Thanking everyone in this forum for letting us know their time line and processing updates. From my ECAS to share this happy moment of my journey.

1. Received application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 28, 2017.
  2. Acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book on October 3, 2017.
  3. Started processing your application on October 11, 2017.
  4. Sent you a notice on February 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 27, 2018. DM on March 5, 2018
  5. Sent you a notice on May 15, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on June 01, 2018 at 10:00 am.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on June 01, 2018.
Thank you for all your help. To those kind and very supportive people here, you are appreciated and a million thanks to Elie72, rajmalhotra7, Admin people, to everyone for your brilliant ideas and for sharing this thread/forum, you are all awesome. You are a valued people who is so untiring to help me and others. What more can I say? A millions thanks to you. Good luck to everyone! I am teary eyed and so grateful that you are part of this wonderful flight to CT processing.This journey is complete. Take care everyone.

Shukran! Maasalama!

Last edited:

ksleepwalker

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Hi guys,

I found a ton of support during my wife's spousal sponsorship on this website, and so I am here with my own citizenship application (and queries :p)

I am going to be eligible for Canadian Citizenship this tuesday, and so was planning to ensure I have all the docs ready. However, I see that one of the requirements is to provide police certificate for every country in which you've spent 183 days in last 4 years.

Now here's the thing. I spent a few years in Qatar before coming here, but people on here were saying that getting a police certificate for Qatar is a very long and slow process. If I just wait out for a few months, I believe my time in Qatar would fall out of the (183 days/4 years) period.

Just wanted to know what you guys think, should I wait few months or go for the police certificate process?

Thanks!

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I’m not an expert or all knowing but the way I see things if you feel you need one, then request it.

if you think you should require Police clearance (PC) in Qatar do your request the soonest because you may never know if the Citizenship officer will also require you for a finger print here in Canada. Maybe you are wondering that I have views on this because one of my friends worked in UAE before and during the processing of his PR, he was requested to submit his PC. And when he applied for Citizenship, he was requested to have FP too. I hope it helps.

In addition, you can send your application and add attachment to your documents plus be sure that you have an English translation of your documents if it is written in other languages. Lastly, it should be certified by a qualified translator.

Last edited:

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I found a ton of support during my wife's spousal sponsorship on this website, and so I am here with my own citizenship application (and queries :p)

I am going to be eligible for Canadian Citizenship this tuesday, and so was planning to ensure I have all the docs ready. However, I see that one of the requirements is to provide police certificate for every country in which you've spent 183 days in last 4 years.

Now here's the thing. I spent a few years in Qatar before coming here, but people on here were saying that getting a police certificate for Qatar is a very long and slow process. If I just wait out for a few months, I believe my time in Qatar would fall out of the (183 days/4 years) period.

Just wanted to know what you guys think, should I wait few months or go for the police certificate process?

Thanks!

Question for you
1. Did you received your PR when you come or arrived in Canada?
2. Did you worked in QAtar while you are on PR?

If number 1 says you only got your PR when you came to Canada, they should have asked you about police clearance and submit that certificate before coming to Canada while your PR is on process.

If number 2 says you are on PR then you worked in Qatar, it is a must that you have to get your police certificate because that is one of the requirements to apply for Citizenship. Remember that if you spent 183 days or more in other country, provide police clearance of that said country to verify if you have a clean records .

Elie72, ajmoltra7 and some brilliant people here can also share their ideas. I hope they will reply asap too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksleepwalker

ksleepwalker

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Question for you

If number 1 says you only got your PR when you came to Canada, they should have asked you about police clearance and submit that certificate before coming to Canada while your PR is on process.

If number 2 says you are on PR then you worked in Qatar, it is a must that you have to get your police certificate because that is one of the requirements to apply for Citizenship. Remember that if you spent 183 days or more in other country, provide police clearance of that said country to verify if you have a clean records .

Elie72, ajmoltra7 and some brilliant people here can also share their ideas. I hope they will reply asap too.
Hi,

Yes I only got my PR when I came here, and submitted my police certificate from Qatar then. But for citizenship it is in the requirements again. I never went back to Qatar after landing here. The query that I had was is it even worth the hassle if it takes forever and I can just wait ~4-5 months and get my stay in Qatar out of the (183 days/4 year) window.

Your friend in UAE, was he already a PR when he landed here and did their 183 days or more fall within the requirements? Asking because the 3 out of 5 years residence for citizenship is a new rule (as compared to 4 out of 6 in Harper time).

jaran2017

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi,

Yes I only got my PR when I came here, and submitted my police certificate from Qatar then. But for citizenship it is in the requirements again. I never went back to Qatar after landing here. The query that I had was is it even worth the hassle if it takes forever and I can just wait ~4-5 months and get my stay in Qatar out of the (183 days/4 year) window.

Your friend in UAE, was he already a PR when he landed here and did their 183 days or more fall within the requirements? Asking because the 3 out of 5 years residence for citizenship is a new rule (as compared to 4 out of 6 in Harper time).
Based on your story, if you submitted your PC from Qatar while your PR is on process, and then got your PR when you came over so I believed that you don't need one. If you are covered from the new rules of 1095 and then you are PR for the last 3 years yet they need the 4 year coverage residency I think (not sure, not an expert my friend) all you have to do is submit your application with the Photocopy of the Original PC from Qatar and wait if CO will request (no idea as well) an FP on your file during the processing period. If you don't t have the original copy or a photocopy of the original, apology my friend I don't have an answer to this.

My friend was under old rule of 1095 (2012) was PR landed and not the 1460 (2015). The new rule 1095 was only approved and come into effect last October 11, 2017. If the 3 out of 5 is covered to your 3 years of PR residency or within 1095, and if you keep a copy of that PC or have the photocopy of the original PC from Qatar then attach it to your document that includes an explanation especially that you have no foreign trips or travels during the period of residency (I hope this make sense). Make sure that you have the English translation if your PC is not in English version.

I am not an expert or know much about this, just sharing what have had been shared to me at that time. I hope it make sense to response to your inquiry. For sure, or sometime later others here will give better comments and ideas as well.

All the best luck on your application.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
Question for you

If the applicant spent more than 183 days outside Canada during the last 4 years (going back from the day you apply), a police certificate is required.

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
Hi Admin
Got fourth line on the ECAS. I am sure this is fingerprints request letter
  1. We sent you correspondence on June 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Kindly update.

Thanks

toronto213

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Admin
Got fourth line on the ECAS. I am sure this is fingerprints request letter
  1. We sent you correspondence on June 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Kindly update.

Thanks
You are the only active applicant of Aug 2017, what about rest of the applicant. They give up or they are Canadian now?

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
You are the only active applicant of Aug 2017, what about rest of the applicant. They give up or they are Canadian now?
Most of the August 2017 applicants have either become Canadian Citizens or are waiting for their oath. Have no idea about those who are still shown as IP in the spreadsheet.