+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Form Qstn 6

lifein50mm

Mar 8, 2018
Hello folks,

I have a query on Question 6 on the application form (List all names you have used...). In my case, I had to get my name corrected in my Indian passport and subsequently in my work permit. So, for instance, my Indian passport and Canada docs initially had "John Smit" but i got that corrected to "John Smith". A new passport and visa were issued.

Now, since they are technically two different names, I need to log them under Question 6. However, I'm not sure what reason to select for my correct name. John Smit was my "name at birth", but what should I select for the name "John Smith"? Any thoughts?

thx

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hello folks,

I have a query on Question 6 on the application form (List all names you have used...). In my case, I had to get my name corrected in my Indian passport and subsequently in my work permit. So, for instance, my Indian passport and Canada docs initially had "John Smit" but i got that corrected to "John Smith". A new passport and visa were issued.

Now, since they are technically two different names, I need to log them under Question 6. However, I'm not sure what reason to select for my correct name. John Smit was my "name at birth", but what should I select for the name "John Smith"? Any thoughts?

thx
I'm not sure I follow your example, but for the one that was wrong you could just have a "Misspelled in birth certificate" or something like it, to show where the error originated, and then "My actual name" for the other entry.

A human being will be reading the form, so you don't need to find the perfect word to explain things -- it just needs to be clear and truthful. If you don't have enough room in the form, you can write as explanation: "see enclosed letter" and then write a longer explanation on a separate piece of paper (use your name and UCI as identifiers at the top of the letter).

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello folks,

thx
Write "see separate sheet", explain what you just explained here on a separate sheet. Keep it short and simple, though.

lifein50mm

Mar 8, 2018
I'm not sure I follow your example, but for the one that was wrong you could just have a "Misspelled in birth certificate" or something like it, to show where the error originated, and then "My actual name" for the other entry.

A human being will be reading the form, so you don't need to find the perfect word to explain things -- it just needs to be clear and truthful. If you don't have enough room in the form, you can write as explanation: "see enclosed letter" and then write a longer explanation on a separate piece of paper (use your name and UCI as identifiers at the top of the letter).
thanks!