+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application-Documents

kingcobra123

Nov 9, 2014
To support my application, I plan to submit following ADDITIONAL documents to CIC to support my claim that I resided in Canada in last 3 years

1. Photocopy of letters from employers (2.5 years)
a. In one case of 1 employer I worked for only 15 days, so I am going to attach the copy of T4 from that employer
b. For present employer only the copy of recent paystubs (for past 9 months)
2. All the Tax assessment in last 3 years ( We usually submit TAX assessment in PR renewal application so I believe its OK to submit TAX assessment papers)
3. My rental agreement (I don't have rent receipts)
4. I plan to attach very FEW bank statements or Credit card statements as well
5. Photocopy of all the pages of the passports with stamps in last 4 years.

Do you think this just enough or overkill?

To prove your residence for sure, people have ordered MEDICAL Histories from health ministries. I am Wondering if this is worth attaching with application? And how to order it and how long it takes?

Thanks.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I go by the rule of thumb:

I will only attach documents that is stated in the checklist.

Nov 06- 2014

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a controversial topic;
read in details responses @

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-additional-documents-with-initial-application-noa-t4s-etc-t272341.0.html

then decide yourself the best way to go.

Good luck.

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
kingcobra123 said:
To support my application, I plan to submit following ADDITIONAL documents to CIC to support my claim that I resided in Canada in last 3 years

a. In one case of 1 employer I worked for only 15 days, so I am going to attach the copy of T4 from that employer
2. All the Tax assessment in last 3 years ( We usually submit TAX assessment in PR renewal application so I believe its OK to submit TAX assessment papers)

To prove your residence for sure, people have ordered MEDICAL Histories from health ministries. I am Wondering if this is worth attaching with application? And how to order it and how long it takes?

Thanks.
Why do you want to submit these extra document which never been asked. If you thinking about avoiding RQ then I doubt this will help. If CIC decide to send you RQ they will regardless you have sent them extra documents or not. If I were you I wouldn't submit extra document. I will do only what they requested not less not more.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hgn said:
I go by the rule of thumb:

I will only attach documents that is stated in the checklist.
exactly don't attach extra

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
kingcobra123 said:

Thanks.
Why would you choose not follow the guideline and checklist? What you hope to achieve or avoid? If you want to avoid a possible RQ, how did you conclude that the documents you plan to submit are enough and no need anything else? What you gonna do if despite attaching the additional documents still get the RQ?

I would suggest, like the official guideline do, attach only the required supporting documents and collect and have ready everything might be required by an RQ in case you receive it.

Good luck!

plincess

Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2013 with medical furtherance completed on 15-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
August 11, 2014
Hi! We are currently processing the documents of my husband for citizenship application. I just want to clarify two things.
1. Does all documents need to be certified photocopies? Because most people here in our province had a notary public sign their photocopies. But upon checking cic website it only says "photocopy".

2. For the old and new passports, do i have to photocopy all pages or just those with stamp?

Your advice/clarification is much appreciated. Thanks!

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
plincess said:
Hi! We are currently processing the documents of my husband for citizenship application. I just want to clarify two things.
1. Does all documents need to be certified photocopies? Because most people here in our province had a notary public sign their photocopies. But upon checking cic website it only says "photocopy".

2. For the old and new passports, do i have to photocopy all pages or just those with stamp?

Your advice/clarification is much appreciated. Thanks!
1.Clear and eligible photocopy (not certified)
2. Only biographical pages of both passports

wilbur

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with app
AOR Received.
02-06-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Request
02-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2011
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
era1521 said:
1.Clear and eligible photocopy (not certified)
2. Only biographical pages of both passports
Exactly, both are mentioned on the guide.

It is recommended to read the guide and follow it, that's my best advice.