+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship app returned as incomplete

samsunn

Jul 22, 2019
Hello all,

Need some feedback. My application for citizenship was returned as incomplete. The letter said that my physical presence could not be confirmed as I had claimed. There's no clear and specific info for my case in the letter -- rather general statements about what could possibly be a reason.

I had spent 10 months in Canada as a visitor (under parent super visa) before becoming a PR, and after PR, I have spent 2 years 7 months before applying for citizenship. The online calculator showed that my non-PR time could be counted as 5 months, hence the early application.

My question is: is the visitor status not an "authorized" one as per immigration act? If yes, then what could be the reason for them to send the application back? Do I need to wait full 3 years as PR before applying for citizenship? Thanks.

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
Did you check the date you signed your calculation? If you did not find any mistake, then its weird they returned your application.

When did you apply?

samsunn

Jul 22, 2019
Thanks for replying folks. I applied in May and it was returned in July. One thing I can think of: I only included passport bio pages with my app; I didn't include the passport page that showed a seal showing my original entry date in canada as a visitor. I thought the requirement was to attach only the bio pages.

I assumed that with my UCI number, they will be able to determine my presence in Canada. Not sure if I should just send the application back with the additional passport pages. Shooting in the dark, basically.

Does anyone know if I can contact the citizenship office via phone?

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I don't think that's what it is. Maybe something to do with the dates? Did you maybe have an old passport, and got a new one?

nataliafrance

Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for replying folks. I applied in May and it was returned in July. One thing I can think of: I only included passport bio pages with my app; I didn't include the passport page that showed a seal showing my original entry date in canada as a visitor. I thought the requirement was to attach only the bio pages.

I assumed that with my UCI number, they will be able to determine my presence in Canada. Not sure if I should just send the application back with the additional passport pages. Shooting in the dark, basically.

You can call them using this number IRCC Call Centre (1-888-242-2100)

samsunn

Jul 22, 2019
Here's an update: I re-sent my app with additonal passport pages showing my entry dates in Canada, and also attached an explanation letter with details of the dates. This time it was accepted -- so although I lost 2.5 months of processing time, about 3 months were saved.

Hope it helps someone experiencing similar issues.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Here's an update: I re-sent my app with additonal passport pages showing my entry dates in Canada, and also attached an explanation letter with details of the dates. This time it was accepted -- so although I lost 2.5 months of processing time, about 3 months were saved.

Hope it helps someone experiencing similar issues.
Exact same thing happened to me.. originally applied june and was returned august and I resent with the same document like you did ...now waiting for the aor.

chritvas

Oct 23, 2012
@ Lexxy: Can you please update your case? Have you got the AOR?
FYI, I had sent 18 months as visitor (authorized visa) before coming PR and last week the IRCC returned my application with the same letter to denied all the visitor days which I counted in the Physical Calculation Sheet.

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
My application is in process from Dec 16. With your 18 months visitors visa do you have any stamp from Canada border at your first entry into Canada?

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
In my case i had 2yrs visa but i got a stamp from the Canada border to be in canada for 6months which is the legal status as a visitor. Cic doesn’t have all that information that was the reason why they returned my application.... so i make a copy of the stamp on my passport from the Canada border and included it with a note explaining my days of presence then sent it back.

chritvas

Oct 23, 2012
@ Lexxy: Thanks for your advise and explanation.

I had the multiple visa as a visitor during my stay 18 months. I got all the stamp of Canada Border every time I entry to Canada. I travel few time during my stay 18 months and copied all the entry stamp with the explanation letter to prove my stay in Canada as visitor. Hoping that this time IRCC will accept my documentation.

Will update my case to this topic once I receive the news from IRCC

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018

I thought IRCC can confirm our physical presence through CBSA system rather than the stamp in passport, is that possible?