+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship-additional info?

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Applied for citizenship, citizenship exam 11/22/2012, then I checked the online status:
"We sent you a letter on January 24, 2013. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"

what can they request?

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
what documents you sent them? why would i get an RQ? i've been living in canada for 5 years and only way away for 2 weeks each year for vacation. how long does an RQ delay the citizenship ceremony? thanks

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
flybest

We also got RQ. We were away only for 1 month during the 3 years requirements. Still we got RQ and we have no idea why.

Prepare for the worst. It is difficult to prove presence in Canada with all docs they ask for, even though you are not trying to cheat but just be loyal, you have to respond. Hope it is not RQ for you, just be prepared.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flybest, since you have already had the test, I am afraid it is not a fingerprint request, it is rather an RQ.
Right now CIC says getting an RQ adds 48 months to the processing time. This is the timeline they have been telling to people especially if they are from around Toronto. It might be a little less for other offices.

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
But I have been in Canada, working all the time for the past 5 years..i have tax forms, lease, cell phone records...why whould they delay the process?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flybest1 said:
But I have been in Canada, working all the time for the past 5 years..i have tax forms, lease, cell phone records...why whould they delay the process?
If any of the risk factors in the thread below (A1-C4) apply then that's why you got an RQ. If not then its because of Quality Assurance/ Programme Integrity and your file was in the 'sample' group.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/file-requirements-checklist-reasons-for-a-residence-questionnaire-t131555.0.html

IBM

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
flybest1 said:
thank you! i have no idea what they can ask me..will keep you posted once i received the letter
I hope it is not RQ.

Do you have any valid or expired USAvisas (H1 etc..) in your passport?

IBM

flybest1

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
i had DV1 -diversity visa (visa lottery with romanian citizenship), however i had 1 year to go back to USA and decided to stay in canada. i was in the USA only for 4 days since I came to canada, so 4 days in usa in the last 5 years