+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenhip interview-NVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS

canadianhabib

Nov 7, 2014
Hi,
My wife got an online intrview invite in email for identity verificattion.The portal is not updated but we got an email. Can she take this interview outside of canada as she is abroad? Has anyone taken such interivew so what questions are they asking or veryifing. thanks for your help

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
Same here, I got email to schedule an interview with officer to check ids and documents that submitted to IRCC for citizenship.
In my invitation they mentioned that I must be in Canada.

I have the same concern about other questions?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Same here, I got email to schedule an interview with officer to check ids and documents that submitted to IRCC for citizenship.
In my invitation they mentioned that I must be in Canada.

I have the same concern about other questions?
Yeah. Recent report from a forum member was that the officer was not amused that the applicant was outside Canada.

Your choice.

Reactions: Alhtrek

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
i will recheck but doesnt say we have to be in canada.
what sort of questions are they asking
Usually nothing much.
It's a small chat, the officer asks about your family, your job situation, your holidays, or other mundane stuff. 5 to 10 minutes tops.
It used to also include a quick verification of IDs but that's probably not doable via zoom.

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi,
My wife got an online intrview invite in email for identity verificattion.The portal is not updated but we got an email. Can she take this interview outside of canada as she is abroad? Has anyone taken such interivew so what questions are they asking or veryifing. thanks for your help
How was the interview and what’s the current status?

Reactions: summaiya_t