+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

cit0002e-2 | Question 11

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
Hello,

I will shortly be submitting my application for Canadian Citizenship. I am reviewing my cit0002e-2 document and looking at question 11. It's the question that asks:

"Tell us what you have been doing during your five year eligibility period, inside and outside of Canada. Enter details of employment and education history below. Please include any period of unemployment, period of retirement, period working at home as a homemaker or being self-employed. Be sure sure to provide information for the five year eligibility period. Start with the most recent. If there are any missing days, periods of time or if the section is blank, your application will be returned to you."

When I originally filled this in I had entered my current job as an I.T. consultant and put the start date from 2018-12 to "PRESENT". Super straight forward but now it's complex. I intend on dating and signing my application form on December 23rd and sending it off.

My situation has changed. I plan on resigning from my job in early January and going back to Scotland for a few months while my application is processed (coming back when/if I get invited for the exam).

Not sure what I would write as my recent most activity in Canada anymore. Would I put in something like

"From = 2020-01" to "PRESENT" "Unemployed" and put the address of the place I will be staying in Scotland?

The fields required are the "From" date. The "To" date. The "Occupation, field of employment, field of studied. Also include unemployment, retirement, working in the home as a homemaker or being self employed".

Then it asks for the "Address", "City" and "Country". I am concerned it will look odd if I fill in "Unemployed" and put from January 2020 until Present. I will actually be working with my step father back home and helping him with his business but just unsure how I can really fill this in. Any ideas? They ask for the five year eligibility period so maybe I don't need to put anything in after I list my most recent job? My eligibility period is from December 23rd 2014 until December 23rd 2019. I could just list that I resigned from my job in early January and then not put in my future plans after this.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hello,

I will shortly be submitting my application for Canadian Citizenship. I am reviewing my cit0002e-2 document and looking at question 11. It's the question that asks:

"Tell us what you have been doing during your five year eligibility period, inside and outside of Canada. Enter details of employment and education history below. Please include any period of unemployment, period of retirement, period working at home as a homemaker or being self-employed. Be sure sure to provide information for the five year eligibility period. Start with the most recent. If there are any missing days, periods of time or if the section is blank, your application will be returned to you."

When I originally filled this in I had entered my current job as an I.T. consultant and put the start date from 2018-12 to "PRESENT". Super straight forward but now it's complex. I intend on dating and signing my application form on December 23rd and sending it off.

My situation has changed. I plan on resigning from my job in early January and going back to Scotland for a few months while my application is processed (coming back when/if I get invited for the exam).

Not sure what I would write as my recent most activity in Canada anymore. Would I put in something like

"From = 2020-01" to "PRESENT" "Unemployed" and put the address of the place I will be staying in Scotland?

The fields required are the "From" date. The "To" date. The "Occupation, field of employment, field of studied. Also include unemployment, retirement, working in the home as a homemaker or being self employed".

Then it asks for the "Address", "City" and "Country". I am concerned it will look odd if I fill in "Unemployed" and put from January 2020 until Present. I will actually be working with my step father back home and helping him with his business but just unsure how I can really fill this in. Any ideas? They ask for the five year eligibility period so maybe I don't need to put anything in after I list my most recent job? My eligibility period is from December 23rd 2014 until December 23rd 2019. I could just list that I resigned from my job in early January and then not put in my future plans after this.
If you're sending your application on December 23rd, then you can still put IT Consultant to PRESENT. Since as of December 23rd you are an IT consultant. What you do from January onwards AFTER you submit the application is not relevant.

fitter_happier

Star Member
Aug 14, 2016
That makes sense!! I just wasn't sure if they were then going to look at my current job where it says until "PRESENT" and then start looking into whether or not I am still employed there. I was worried they might reject my application as they thought I was lying. But it makes sense what you are saying because on the date I submit the application it still holds true. Just won't be true any longer when they review my application but if that doesn't matter than great!

Thank you

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
That makes sense!! I just wasn't sure if they were then going to look at my current job where it says until "PRESENT" and then start looking into whether or not I am still employed there. I was worried they might reject my application as they thought I was lying. But it makes sense what you are saying because on the date I submit the application it still holds true. Just won't be true any longer when they review my application but if that doesn't matter than great!

Thank you
Fine to put to PRESENT. Your issue is you need to apply with a Canadian mailing address.

Now, if you still have one and someone can check it that should be okay. If not, well IRCC don’t always sent invites and updates by email.

And you want to be careful to maintain your PR status while abroad of course.

Short notice flights, generally under 21 days, tend to be a lot more expensive. Especially during peak times. My test was just under two weeks notice. Just something to bear in mind if you are still away for “a number” months, 3-4 should be fine as the most you’d get would be AOR maybe IP and possibly an FP request.