+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 520 after Test/Background/LPP

InfiniteAL

May 12, 2023
Hi all,

I am an October 2021 applicant and, as of a couple days ago, LPP was marked as 'complete'. My background verification and citizenship test were marked as 'complete' several months back. In short, everything is marked as 'complete' except oath ceremony on my online status tracker.

However, when my LPP was marked as complete (earlier this week), I saw a notification for "Additional information required". I called IRCC and they said that the CIT 520 form has been mailed to me. I haven't received it yet, but am surprised because I have not seen a case where CIT 0520 is issued after background verification, test, and LPP are done. Does anybody know what this could be about?

Many thanks,
Ali

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi all,

I am an October 2021 applicant and, as of a couple days ago, LPP was marked as 'complete'. My background verification and citizenship test were marked as 'complete' several months back. In short, everything is marked as 'complete' except oath ceremony on my online status tracker.

However, when my LPP was marked as complete (earlier this week), I saw a notification for "Additional information required". I called IRCC and they said that the CIT 520 form has been mailed to me. I haven't received it yet, but am surprised because I have not seen a case where CIT 0520 is issued after background verification, test, and LPP are done. Does anybody know what this could be about?

Many thanks,
Ali
Checked your spam/junk box?

InfiniteAL

May 12, 2023
IRCC said it was physically mailed to me. Maybe takes a few days.

My objective is more so to ask whether anybody has experienced this (i.e., CIT 520 issued after Test/Background/LPP done). I could not come across a single case on this forum.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi all,

Many thanks,
Ali
Wait to see what you actually get. There has been some aberrant-notices reported lately, the sort of things one all to occasionally experiences dealing with complex bureaucratic processing.

Assuming there is a CIT 0520 request coming (that this is not just a glitch) . . . Most requests for additional information or documents attendant the CIT 0520 are not difficult to comply with and while this results in some delay, for most it is not a lot of delay. It could be as simple as a Fingerprint request to verify identity, or a request for full copies of passports to more thoroughly screen (mostly to exclude) potential reasons to question physical presence.

It is possible the CIT 0520, sometimes referred to as "RQ-lite," is more expansive than that. You will have wait to see what is specifically requested. (There are several topics here which go into detail about what can be requested in these.)

In terms of how or why, despite indications that background verification, test, and LPP are done . . . Notations in the tracker generally assure applicants things are in process, progressing, but nothing is actually finalized until the oath is taken. Determinations as to every qualifying requirement for citizenship remain contingent until the oath is actually taken. Note, for example, there is ALWAYS an additional background clearance based on a GCMS check, which among other things constitutes a criminal background check based on name-records in RCMP and U.S. NCIC databases, attendant scheduling the oath. How, why, or when other types of qualification-verification might be revisited is a big subject that involves decision-making largely confidential, behind the curtain one might say. But it can happen. It does happen. For most there is nothing to worry about UNLESS they know, based on what they know about themselves and their case, there is something to worry about.

Odds are this is no big deal. Let us know what you actually get.