+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 After Test (Mississauga Office)

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
Hey Guys my wife had the test on October 24 /2016 and after passing the test the interview was quite weird
- her case supposed to be straight forward as she is here since February 2012 just went to the states 3 times every time for 2 days only for a family visit
and it was deducted from the total number of days
- the officer was not convinced that she didn't go back to the country we used to live before (UAE) after feb 2012 even she gave him a fully translated (ATIO) COPY OF the passport ...
- at the end he said we have concerns about work and residency and they sent her a cit 0520 after almost three weeks asking about...
1 - UAE EXIT/ENTRY REPORT FROM THERE
2- PERSONAL Health claim
3- CRA REPORTS LAST 5 YEARS
SHE SENT THEM A LETTER REQUESTING MORE TIME CAUSE THE DEAD LINE WAS WITHIN 20 DAYS (AFTER RECIEVING THE CIT0520)
AND THEY DIDNT REPLY ???????????
luckily she had the whole documents ready before the dead line and she sent it on December 4 /2015
and since that time ECAS still in process no decision made ... no letters ...nothing

My Question is how long it will take to give her any reply...
I guess her personal health claim alone will give them 100% proof that she didn't leave the country as its almost every one or two months visit to a clininc

It's really sad cause her PR Expired few months ago and She didn't renew it and we don't know what's going on....
Any Suggestions About The Time Frame ???? :-[

bloop

Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
AOR Received.
21/01/2012
Med's Request
14/03/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
14/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/06/2012
Hey there, I'm in a similar situation with mississauga office, still waiting to hear back. Curious, how did yall go about obtaining the entry/exit record from uae? Did you personally make a trip there?

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
No She Didn't go by herself as her PR Card Already Expired...
She Has A sister there did it easily in one day and send it to us by urgent courier just took a week and then she translated it with (ATIO) Certified office...

bloop

Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
AOR Received.
21/01/2012
Med's Request
14/03/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
14/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/06/2012
OK interesting. I'm trying to get this done via my dad and he's saying it's really hard. Could you please let me know if possible where/who your wife's sister approached to get this record?

Thanks!

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
same situation here got the CIT 0520 December 1, 2015 they received them December 14, 2015 no update yet, I've been requested to provide entry/exist record from USA but i never spent more than few hours in USA, but i do have permanent residency in US.

hkalltheway

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
links18 said:
Seems like any connection to the UAE is prompting further review these days.
It really is weird; I am seeing quite a few new posts about being issued a mini RQ based on a UAE travel history. This seems to be a repeat of the cycle back in 2012 when a bunch of applications were delayed...however, this pattern seems to be emerging very, very recently. I had my test in November, and I also had a UAE residence visa in my previous passport. However, the visa had a "CANCELLED" stamp on it and the last entry / exit date in the UAE was coinciding with the dates I reported on my application. Considering the recent cases, maybe I can consider myself lucky, as I have received invitation for oath. The agent at the interview did scrutinize my passport and looked at every stamp very carefully, but in the end was satisfied. Whatever this is, seems to be something that has changed this year...

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
Bloop ... Obtaining the exit entry report is easy as long as you have someone there can do it for you ... Just one day from the immigration office and then you just attest it from ministry of foreign affairs

The thing here is ,,,
Even if you are not satisfied and requested more documents ( that's fine)
You had the documents since two months now
Si what is the point if delay ????

bloop

Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
AOR Received.
21/01/2012
Med's Request
14/03/2012
Med's Done....
25/05/2012
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
14/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
29/06/2012
I wonder if asking for an ATIP will make a difference.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
links18 said:
Seems like any connection to the UAE is prompting further review these days.
CIC know there are no jobs here and does not like any unemployed person to try find work anywhere. ;D ;D ;D

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
She Did Request electronic Atip but still nothing ...
And it's their right to make sure that people are not frauding to get the citizenship and leave the country ..
Buy also they have to be Fair Specially With people Living Here And Serve The Country

Its really Unfair and very painful when you did nothing wrong and you will be audited like that !!!!
While other sneeky people will get their citizenship very easily
Cic must have. Bettrr system

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

Something very strange happened. My family and I took the test and did the interview yesterday at the Mississauga office. We passed the tests. Interview was very positive and amazing. The officer informed us that we would receive the oath invitation within 2 months.

During the interview, he asked if I were self-employed, which I am, and I confirmed and told him about what I do.

Here is the thing: we happily drove home and in the afternoon the same officer phoned me and informed me that we have to fill in a residence questionnaire that he was to mail out to us. When I asked him about what triggered the questionnaire, he mentioned that it was my residency threshold was on the limit. I mean I applied after 1097 of physical residency had elapsed. I only had around 60 days on 4 separate trips out of Canada and were all verified by the officer when cross-checked with the CBSA records.

Knowing what an RQ means, I asked him if I should start ordering my medical records (as that, in my case, should tell a long story of treatments and hospital visits here in Canada). He said no. That would not be required. He said that the questionnaire would take 15 mins to fill and the earlier I do it and send it, the faster it gets processed. When I asked him about a timeline, he said maximum 3 months from the date they receive the questionnaire.

Has anyone here had a similar experience?

Is it illegal or wrong or bad or suspicious to apply immediately after fulfilling the residency requirements, especially to catch up with the 3/4 old system?

Could this questionnaire be the long one?

Are there various forms and types of RQ's?

Why would we get a positive feedback during the interview and later on, on the same day, someone changes their minds?

Is this only happening in Mississauga?

I appreciate sharing any information that may add to my knowledge.

Thank you all.

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
I am just wondering ,,,
It's the first time to hear something like local office calling an applicant and telling something over the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM KEEPING on reading weird things every day ,,,, and my final conclusion that there's no rule at CIC,,, ALSO no transparency ...
I hope That They will be straight forward

Cairo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2011
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kantanamera said:
I am just wondering ,,,
It's the first time to hear something like local office calling an applicant and telling something over the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM KEEPING on reading weird things every day ,,,, and my final conclusion that there's no rule at CIC,,, ALSO no transparency ...
I hope That They will be straight forward
I am totally confused. Why would the officer promise something and later on send an RQ? I have just received the Full RQ in the mail. Killer process. It is just not fair to go through the process, not knowing what exactly they want. Would be easier just to request specific documents.

canmozu

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Some officers treat applicant with suspicion and use full force of bureaucracy by giving RQ.

Multiple passports with visa stamps in different languages freak them out. Easy way for them to get out of such situations is to give RQ. If the applicant is lucky he gets an officer who is understanding and is capable of figuring out the residency
days of the applicant. Those officers give good and acceptable decision in timely manner. So guys hope for the best your rough ride is rewarded with oath.