+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hope-Judge said:
Today exactly one week passed since DM, still no refuse or invitation to oath letter....
when you click on decision made on your ecas what does it say? have you try to contact the customer care for more information?

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys we are screwed. So relax and take it easy. I lost an overseas job offer because of this citizenship. I am unemployed and seriously looking for work. These guys don't understand our predicament so instead of stressing it out just let it happen whenever. Cant reason with morons.
Hope-Judge said:
It does not any new. I called them, they said i should wait...... :(

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Guys we are screwed. So relax and take it easy. I lost an overseas job offer because of this citizenship. I am unemployed and seriously looking for work. These guys don't understand our predicament so instead of stressing it out just let it happen whenever. Cant reason with morons.
Do you realize you could've expedited your citizenship case due to possible 'loss' of an employment opportunity? It is on CIC's website.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Rayan14 said:
Do you realize you could've expedited your citizenship case due to possible 'loss' of an employment opportunity? It is on CIC's website.
Oversee's job offer will not help expedite your case... If CIC/IRCC is aware that an applicant has oversee's job offer, you will likely be issued full RQ and processing will take much longer.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
In past, I submitted couple of letters from my employer (largest Canadian Company) stating that importance of me having passport for ease of mobility. CIC responded after 6 months stating that's assigned reason is NOT valid to expedite processing.

I failed to comprehend what else could be a valid reason which would convince CIC to help.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi my case too ditto. My employer needed me to have a Canadian pp and this was notified to CIC by way of an offer letter from my employer in Dubai but one of the agents said this case could apply only for Canadian mission jobs abroad not any other employer.
Canadiandesi2006 said:
In past, I submitted couple of letters from my employer (largest Canadian Company) stating that importance of me having passport for ease of mobility. CIC responded after 6 months stating that's assigned reason is NOT valid to expedite processing.

I failed to comprehend what else could be a valid reason which would convince CIC to help.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
andrew7007 said:
I lost an overseas job offer because of this citizenship. I am unemployed and seriously looking for work. These guys don't understand our predicament so instead of stressing it out just let it happen whenever. Cant reason with morons.
This makes no sense. Just because a PR applied for citizenship does not require the PR to follow through.

If you had a job opportunity abroad which was important to you, it is entirely your decision whether to take that job or not. The Canadian government does not dictate what choice you should make. The Canadian government does not require you to stay in Canada and become a citizen. You are free to go to live and work in any country in the world which will allow you to live there and work.

But sure, choices have consequences. Life tends to be full of them, choices with consequences that is. Canada is one of those countries which allows you to make the choice for yourself, for you to decide what result is more important.

Canadiandesi2006 said:

andrew7007 said:
Canadiandesi my case too ditto. My employer needed me to have a Canadian pp and this was notified to CIC by way of an offer letter from my employer in Dubai but one of the agents said this case could apply only for Canadian mission jobs abroad not any other employer.
OK. I see. Makes more sense. Major confusion regarding the difference between Canadian citizenship as a legitimate job requirement versus a private employer's preference for someone with a PASSPORT facilitating the kind of international travel a Canadian passport does. I suspect a U.S. passport would be just as good. Why not blame the lost job opportunity on the U.S. for denying you a passport?

Here's a clue: if the job requirement is Canadian citizenship but not necessarily possession of a Canadian passport, that probably is closer to what the government considers a legitimate reason to accelerate processing the citizenship application.

If the job requirement is explicitly about having a Canadian passport then, as arambi alluded to, that is not something likely to help accelerate processing but more likely something which will cause further scrutiny and some delay. Frankly, this is for obvious reasons.

Under Minister McCallum's watch at IRCC perhaps there will be more flexibility and leniency relative to those whose rush to become a citizen is far more about obtaining a Canadian passport than it is about becoming an in fact Canadian citizen. But I would not count on this. The proposed repeal of the intent-to-reside-in-Canada requirement is more about the optics than it is about the substance of the law. And it warrants remembering that it was under the Liberal government that CIC, back in 2005, began scrutinizing citizenship applicants for indications they were spending extended periods of time abroad after applying, in effect looking for those who were attempting to use Canadian citizenship as a step up the career ladder to better job opportunities in the world outside Canada.

Hope-Judge

Feb 22, 2016
Hello all,
After got cit520 + RQ still ecas showing DM. I would like ask about ceremony place. My respinsible office is Saskatoon, but i am living in Regina. Do you think they will wait till Regina ceremony or will invite Saskatoon. ( Between cities 240km).

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to clear the air about my intentions. The very fact that I chose Canada, bought a house here, my kids schooling here is an intention strong enough that I want to become a Canadian citizen. The first CIC agent on the phone assured me of a speedy process provided I produce the offer letter and flight itinerary which I did. Then 3 months down the line I am told I don't qualify. Me having lost my job due to oil prices plummeting down south is just a coincidence which I made it known through faxes. I don't even understand why am I explaining this but I feel I have been given a raw deal and its purely my opinion. I cant even find a labour job after having put in more than 100 applications for the past 4 months. I have records of all my applications right from supervisory level posts down to a labour. Now if I had a job offer in the middle east and am in this situation, just try to be in my shoes with a family to look after and bills mounting. Luckily I do have sufficient funds to ride it for a while but your inputs are appreciated and I believe you work for IRCC.
dpenabill said:
This makes no sense. Just because a PR applied for citizenship does not require the PR to follow through.

If you had a job opportunity abroad which was important to you, it is entirely your decision whether to take that job or not. The Canadian government does not dictate what choice you should make. The Canadian government does not require you to stay in Canada and become a citizen. You are free to go to live and work in any country in the world which will allow you to live there and work.

But sure, choices have consequences. Life tends to be full of them, choices with consequences that is. Canada is one of those countries which allows you to make the choice for yourself, for you to decide what result is more important.

OK. I see. Makes more sense. Major confusion regarding the difference between Canadian citizenship as a legitimate job requirement versus a private employer's preference for someone with a PASSPORT facilitating the kind of international travel a Canadian passport does. I suspect a U.S. passport would be just as good. Why not blame the lost job opportunity on the U.S. for denying you a passport?

Here's a clue: if the job requirement is Canadian citizenship but not necessarily possession of a Canadian passport, that probably is closer to what the government considers a legitimate reason to accelerate processing the citizenship application.

If the job requirement is explicitly about having a Canadian passport then, as arambi alluded to, that is not something likely to help accelerate processing but more likely something which will cause further scrutiny and some delay. Frankly, this is for obvious reasons.

Under Minister McCallum's watch at IRCC perhaps there will be more flexibility and leniency relative to those whose rush to become a citizen is far more about obtaining a Canadian passport than it is about becoming an in fact Canadian citizen. But I would not count on this. The proposed repeal of the intent-to-reside-in-Canada requirement is more about the optics than it is about the substance of the law. And it warrants remembering that it was under the Liberal government that CIC, back in 2005, began scrutinizing citizenship applicants for indications they were spending extended periods of time abroad after applying, in effect looking for those who were attempting to use Canadian citizenship as a step up the career ladder to better job opportunities in the world outside Canada.

Hope-Judge

Feb 22, 2016
Still same 12th day and Decision Made with no refusal or invitation to Oath.
Guys, do you have any idea, if case refused how long need take to refusal letter sent by CIC?

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The time between DM and an Oath letter varies. Nearly all decision made statuses mean that your application has been approved. I understand this is a stressful time, but I would encourage you to not worry about it too much. There will be an oath letter in your mailbox sooner or later :)