+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I got cit0520 after my test today and it reads original ppt trans. The officer told me to translate the Arabic stamp on my passport. I have been in Canada for 8years and only travelled this year August for two weeks. The officer in charge give me the name to send the translation to after I got it done. I mean Attention so and so. Pls any hope for me to get my oath letter soon

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
I got cit0520 after my test today and it reads original ppt trans. The officer told me to translate the Arabic stamp on my passport. I have been in Canada for 8years and only travelled this year August for two weeks. The officer in charge give me the name to send the translation to after I got it done. I mean Attention so and so. Pls any hope for me to get my oath letter soon
Glory@2019 Newbie, how did it go did your local office get back to you for your oat as yet.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I just received an 0520 "RQ-Lite" request myself. Its been a headache, the US hasn't even engaged my entry/exit request using the FOIA forms at all in the past week.

I am curious if others got this resolved and how long it took, and does the officer use discretion in their case (e.g. if they didn't get the documents in 30 days, are there reports of officers passing application on as decision made with an oath ceremony).
FOIA requests take weeks to complete. Allow a couple of months... Mine took 10 weeks.

Reactions: CitizenOrNot

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What was your process like? Did you have to go back to CIC offices for another interview, or did they accept the FOIA information by mail and just have you go to the oath? Since I've already passed the test and interview, I don't see a need to go back, and I know its basic information, but I always like to know what to expect!
In the end, I didn't need the FOIA information at all. I pre-requested just in case. My application was straight forward and reasonably quick.

Alberta30

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
I just received an 0520 "RQ-Lite" request myself. Its been a headache, the US hasn't even engaged my entry/exit request using the FOIA forms at all in the past week.

I am curious if others got this resolved and how long it took, and does the officer use discretion in their case (e.g. if they didn't get the documents in 30 days, are their reports of officers passing application on as decision made with an oath ceremony).

I myself got the 0520 requests for supplementary evidence, however, the officer specifically asked for the I-94, passport pages in colored, exit and entry records, flight itineraries and an explanation letter. My citizenship test was on October 21, 2019, request November 4th. I was given 30 days.

Local office is Edmonton, they received the information on November 26. I have not heard anything back as yet. however, I confirmed by calling ircc that they received the documents and no further information is needed at this time. So the waiting game begins.

bornhunter

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
hey but when do they check these stamps? I have an indian passport and 2 visits to us which i think is stamped in my passport, should i still get FOIA records?

An update: my 30 day period that was requested to have FOIA has passed, called the call centre and they said I just have to wait until the US responds. There's no expediting the request once a 0520 is required by the interview officer.

Bottom line: I advise all citizenship applicants who have visits to the US that aren't stamped in your passport (which is all US citizens who moved to Canada, and likely others who cross at land borders with visa-exempt passports like UK, Australia, France, etc) all of you should request FOIA entry records roughly 3 months in advance of an expected test/interview date. You might not need the documentation, but its WORTH IT in the event they pull a 0520 requirement. You can reduce the 3-6 months extra wait this request requires. Its a tremendous headache, and having a prepared FOIA entry record to US report avoids the headache.

vinayreddy

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
I myself got the 0520 requests for supplementary evidence, however, the officer specifically asked for the I-94, passport pages in colored, exit and entry records, flight itineraries and an explanation letter. My citizenship test was on October 21, 2019, request November 4th. I was given 30 days.

Local office is Edmonton, they received the information on November 26. I have not heard anything back as yet. however, I confirmed by calling ircc that they received the documents and no further information is needed at this time. So the waiting game begins.
Hello , i am in the similar situation Apr 2020 applicant , had online test on March 6th 2021, received CIT0520E form on Apr 30th 2021. Ottawa office. would like to know how long it took for your CIT0520 , have you received decision made or Oath?

Flavia89

Nov 17, 2022
Hello , i am in the similar situation Apr 2020 applicant , had online test on March 6th 2021, received CIT0520E form on Apr 30th 2021. Ottawa office. would like to know how long it took for your CIT0520 , have you received decision made or Oath?
any updates? did you ask to go to the interview?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Can you please share your interview? What did they ask you? and can you ask them if you did good or not or would they approve?
"Show me all of your IDs.
Where do you work? How long have you been in Canada? How many trips did you have? Why are you outside? For how long?
You need maintain your PR while the application is in process. I'll mark your language as completed but the rest will still be in process.
Please wait..."

Reactions: A_S